Used 2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Excellent Sentra
By Joe R

2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had a lot of cars over the years but this has to be one of the best. For a small car, it rides great!

Favorite Features

I bought it loaded and its a a very good looking car in and out. Great transmission for a lower price car

Suggested Improvements

the top of the back bumper needs to be coated so it can not scratch when loading and unloading the trunk. This is not limited to this car but most cars should have this.

Could Have Done Better for the Money
By VegasJ

2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It is still new so it is still nice. BUT I have to say I am disappointed. Especially since I was so happy with my previous Nissan Altima. The Sentra is a budget car in driving experience but no so much in dollars. I could have found a less expensive way to be bored. The quality is ok but nothing special. Not so comfortable for rear seat passengers over the age of 10.

Favorite Features

The trip computer in the center console makes it at least look like you got something for your money.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the price down to match the value of the car.

great car for the buck
By fieldgeneral

2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Midyear model in midnight sky was the car I wanted after reviewing everything I could about the nissan vs.mazda3,honda civic and toyota corolla. Had it two weeks now and very happy about choice. Great price too(rebates from dealer and nissan to dealer in addition to 4500 cars voucher) made it a no brainer. Interior comfort and roominess was best of the group. I am 6'2" and interior size was important. Great acceleration and smooth,seamless transmission, Handling is pretty good and quiet for a small car. The only negative comments I can make is the oddly shaped rearview mirrors and security alarm going off when unlocking trunk without unlocking doors first. Otherwise s solid choice.

great car
By jr

2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! I had a sunroof put in and it works and looks awesome. This is fun to drive. I love how it tells me how many miles I can go before empty. I test drove a toyota corolla before I drove this, it doesn't compare to the Nissan Sentra. Very smooth ride for a small car. Inside is just ride not too close to the passenger and roomy. I like how it auto locks when you go past 15 mph. Very easy to park and back up.

Great Car!
By K.S.

2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I had the car for about a month and found it easy and fun to drive. It's just about the right size for both a daily commute and for longer highway trips. Driver's seat provides good support and the driving position provides for a commanding view of the highway. Please disregard any negative comments you may have read about the interior - it is a classic industrial design. Just look up industrial design or Raymond Loewy for more info on this design style. Mostly city around town driving averages about 29- 30 MPG

Favorite Features

Steering feel, driving position, dash layout.

Suggested Improvements

Security system needs to be modified because if you open the trunk with the key, without first unlocking the doors, you will set off the security alarm. This feature makes it inconvenient to load or unload the trunk when you don't have a need to get inside the car.