Used 2009 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Not as expected
By leonardosd

2009 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/09 (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car new in march 2009, in Mexico. Not as easy buying a new car here. Inmediately had problems with the breaks, always made a lot of noise. Dealer couldn't fix it, arguing they were eco-friendly. Besides that, tyres got worn on outside edge in 1 year. Again, dealer said it was normal. Had transmission problems just after the third year, when the warranty passed. Luckily, I had the extendend warranty, and they covered everything. After that, the engine started making weird noises, and dealer said I needed a new one. Apparentely, a cilinder got deformed. (Seriously). When this happened, I was through with it. Previously had a 99' Altima, never complained with it.

Favorite Features

Interior layout. Size.

Suggested Improvements

Engine, transmission and breaks redesigned.

Excellent Sentra
By Joe R

2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had a lot of cars over the years but this has to be one of the best. For a small car, it rides great!

Favorite Features

I bought it loaded and its a a very good looking car in and out. Great transmission for a lower price car

Suggested Improvements

the top of the back bumper needs to be coated so it can not scratch when loading and unloading the trunk. This is not limited to this car but most cars should have this.

Honda/Toyota fan gets converted by SpecV
By deadlytedly

2009 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have been a Honda and Toyota owner for all of my life, and enjoy a sporty little sedan. The base Sentra was not that. After testing out what I could get at my price point (both foreign and domestic), I felt I had made a decent decision, but really had *no* clue until she broke in. At 2000 miles, the engine opened up in a great way. The chirp as the intake gulps in fresh air welcomes a heavy pull of acceleration. The exhaust note deepened as well. Smooth pull across the curve meets an angry red line. The suspension the sportiest I have driven in a sedan. Power is put down easily and evenly. Wholly impressed, and am looking at the Altima Coupe for my next purchase. Strong 'A' rating

Favorite Features

Overall drive- Suspension, Engine power curve and redline, exhaust note (not my usual concern, but wow!) Interior fit and finish- cloth seats are *very* comfy, dials and gauges easy on eyes. Exterior SE-R and SpecV additions save it from being ugly. Taillights are gorgeous, rims beautiful. Price

Suggested Improvements

She is tight and fast, but ugly. If you like the two former items, then this is easy to get over. The A pillars are HUGE, almost to safety concern. Intake baffling horrible- cold air going on ASAP. Mileage (my fault) XM Radio useless this far north. All faults are minor in comparison to evil grin.

Could Have Done Better for the Money
By VegasJ

2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It is still new so it is still nice. BUT I have to say I am disappointed. Especially since I was so happy with my previous Nissan Altima. The Sentra is a budget car in driving experience but no so much in dollars. I could have found a less expensive way to be bored. The quality is ok but nothing special. Not so comfortable for rear seat passengers over the age of 10.

Favorite Features

The trip computer in the center console makes it at least look like you got something for your money.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the price down to match the value of the car.

Not happy
By Stacey

2009 Nissan Sentra FE+ 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am not at all happy with this car. I have had it for 11 months and already the front brake pads had to be replaced and the rotors machined. Today the a/c went out. I'm only averaging 20 mpg. The ironic thing is the FE stands for Fuel Economy. I won't be buying another.