2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: It's ok I guess

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Review

It's ok I guess
By jc on

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Perfectly fine vehicle to get from point A to point B. The ride was fairly smooth compared to other cars in the segment. I like the brisk acceleration. The doors had a good solid feel. This is the first car to get me car sick as a drive as the car rolled around in fast turns. I only averaged 28 mpg on the highway with the Sentra. This was probably due to the ride height, springy gas pedal and CVT config. Nissan still needs to improve their build quality. Plastic looked like they came out of a generic brand toy. Bottom line, you can get better driving dynamics, build quality, fuel economy or value with a Corolla, Civic or a Mazda3.

Smooth ride, decent acceleration during highway speeds with the CVT, light steering while parking, good visibility, quiet interior, nice solid doors.

Quality of plastics, fit and finish, colder AC, driving dynamics such as handling and throttle feedback, real world fuel economy, and better (not more) standard content (i expected Nissan was able to pack them in due to the lowered labor cost of mexico)