If you're thinking of buying one, do it
By Danny on
2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I went to the dealership not expecting to like the Sentra. Coming from a Buick Century, I thought, "oh, a small, Japanese 4-cyl, well, at least it has a warranty." Then I took it for a test drive. The engine / transmission combination on even the 2.0 S model blows my old car away, and blows away my friends' Civics, Yarises, and even older V6-equipped cars. The interior leaves very little to be desired. Fuel economy is ridiculous compared to what I'm used to (avg. 30, city and highway), and I bought it without even trying the amazing stock stereo system. This drives like a much more expensive car, and swaddles you with geek-chic tech to make sure you don't forget it.
Favorite Features
CVT, sound system (aux-in jack was a must), intelligent key, the general feel of driving it
Suggested Improvements
The kind of person who gets the convenience package might stand to benefit from another power outlet in the front. And also, I'll parrot the opinion that a car that can dial your phone for you should be able to control its own headlights.