Excellent buy
By CTM on
2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
Wondering about MPG? If I keep my foot out of it I can average 30 mpg. Usual avg is 27. I get 36 mpg hwy in 6th going 55-60 mph. It can run on regular, no problems, but I use premium for more power. I installed an Injen CAI and it SIGNIFICANTLY made more power. Worth every penny and with about 3 months of use no problems. The seats are very comfortable on long trips. The trunk is huge. The glove box is huge. I outrun CooperS, GTI, VR6 no problems. The affordable price is great. Not as fast as a Speed3 but it costs $5-$6k less. Avoid the Rockford stereo. It sounds good when not moving. But roll windows down and it is easily drowned out. Tires are great dry, bad in snow.
Favorite Features
Shifter location, black interior, head room, hip room, seats are great, subdued exterior look-- no big spoilers or hood scoops. Size of the trunk and the trunk opening itself-- both are huge. LSD is an essential upgrade. Wheels look good. Brakes are excellent and stop on a dime. Unbeatable price.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the gauges on the dash (g-meter and oil), they are childish and I have yet to look at them once while driving. I'd rather have the regular Sentra's storage cubbie. The Rockford stereo is weak. It cannot overcome road noise. 6.5" speakers up front instead of 6x9s.