Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

16000 and still a great car
By Tommy G

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

i recently purchased this car used with nissans certified pre-owned program. That being said I cannot find anything inherently wrong with the car design without nitpicking. Yes the CVT transmission takes some getting used to and the stability when driving "spirited" leaves me wanting more. It is to say that this is a commuter vehicle and as such performs its daily tasks appropriatly to its design. No it is not a speed racer and its not ment to be. Seeing that the speed limit in my state is still 70 mph the sentra seems to work well at this speed for long distances. as for anyone complaining about the whirring noise from the transmission at speed needs to just turn some music on.

probably the bluetooth handsfree altho there are many other cars out there that offer it. The CVT tranny once you get used to its uniqueness.

Better handling and better packaging options (if you want one option like say a sun roof you end up having to get like 5 other expensive items you dont necessarily want)

less than impressed
By Erin

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car gets great gas mileage and the exterior of the car is very Nice. But, it is the most uncomfortable car that I have ever had to drive. The steering wheel is extremely uncomfortable, I feel like I can never adjust my hands and elbows to a comfortable position while driving it.

great gas mileage, cruise control

change the steering wheel and seats to make them more accommodating.

All I need in a car
By KW

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After owning only American cars I love my Nissan Sentra, my wife owns an 06 Altima. We have 5 kids, 3 at home, and this car is quick (CVT), great gas mileage, 29 city and 34 Hwy. I am 6’2 and find it very comfortable with space left in the back for an adult with extra head room. I think it is very quiet and runs on the highway very smoothly for a small car. Now is it like my pervious Lincoln Towncar, no way. But is far better than any other “midsize” car I have owned. The only complaint is winter time in Iowa, being small it can be a challenge to drive in very heavy snow. I love this car and it is all I need.

Everything

Better Tires for winter

Best Bang for the Buck!
By Tom

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a mid-to-later aged guy who is basically lazy and let me tell you that this car with the telephone modem and keyless entry is a dream! Except for the fact that it's a bit tall and thin so it doesn't have the stability of, say, my honda civic, it is a really a great car and has a lot of room inside and in the hide away trunk. I only get about 26mpg but I'm a heavy-footer. I've broken the darn drivers mirror off twice in my tight garage so I think they need to be "foldable". The mpg avg on the dash is a joke but the radio is great. I have noticed that the tire pressure is a major issue and between the low pressure alarm as well as veering to one side or the other.

keyless entry, phone modem, cvt tranmission, large room inside and in trunk

vinyl door bottoms inside scuff too easily put new mat'l there! make mirrors foldable. add stability so car handles better

6 Speed Fun
By Vicsone

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the third Nissan we have owned. My wife loves them. She opted for the 6 speed which is smooth and fun to drive. We have 11k miles on the car and so far so good except for one squeak in the back no one can find. The fuel mileage is great at 36 mpg Hwy. The biggest improvement would be a little more leg room for the knees the shifter console is rough on them after a few miles. Overall very satisfied and will keep for about 6 years. Thanks Nissan and keep up the Good work!!

Smooth, fun to drive 6 speed transmission. New look and standard features on the S package. Great value for the money.

More leg room. Shifter console is hard on the knees.

• SUV