2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Reliable Engine, Some Quality Issues....
By Jeff on 11/01/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Sentra for about 3 months In the 3 months I have had this car there have been some quality issues both mechanically and build quality Mechanically the engine is very reliable but I will advise you there is a recall on the brakes and most 2008 Sentras have this problem if you take it to Nissan they will fix it free of charge under the warranty. Also the CVT is reliable and smooth but it does make a droning sound when windows are down and does lack on acceleration when not really pushing the car. As for build quality I have to say the exterior is well made but avoid the beige interior it scratches very easily and get very dirty. Overall average car at a average value.

Excellent car for the price
By JordanCS on 10/31/08 03:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This Sentra replaced my Honda Civic Hybrid (too expensive to keep when I switched jobs and started driving 15 miles a day.) The Sentra is a great performer... nice acceleration, comfortable ride, though the suspension is a bit stiff. Interior comfort is excellent. I feel like I have plenty of room, and I'm a large guy. Fuel economy has been excellent - getting 35 MPG highway, and about 26 in the city. Great trunk design. Controls are easy to use and well placed. Seats are comfortable. The only nitpick is the lack of two power outlets, which I understand they fixed in the 2009 version. Great car for the price!

Reliable
By Ally on 10/20/08 12:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When my parents and I started looking at cars I hated the Sentra it just wasn't what I thought I was looking for but then I test drove the Civic, Yaris, Corolla and Rabbit and finally under the encouragement of my father went to a Nissan dealership and I fell in love with the Sentra 2.0S. The keyless entry feature is great I haven't used my key since i left the dealership. It has a smooth look, all the bells and whistles I could ever want all under 20K. Gas is great and even better since the price is starting to drop. The acceleration is good and despite what other reviewers say I have virtually no outside noise.

Recall -check out brake fluid
By Thomas on 10/20/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have only 1600 miles on my car and already the brake light warning showing on the dashboard. I check the brake fluid level and it was very low. I topped the liquid level myself and after a week the level has dropped again. Be careful and take this urgent. I am taking the vehicle to the service tomorrow for checkup. I am sure the brake fluid is leaking and the master cylinder will need to be replaced.

Very Impressed
By Mark on 10/17/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I will say that I looked at the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla. The Sentra was levels above on both. The Sentra with the CVT made the deal even better. Overall the Sentra had a great feel and value as well as great fuel economy.

Excellent buy
By CTM on 10/04/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Wondering about MPG? If I keep my foot out of it I can average 30 mpg. Usual avg is 27. I get 36 mpg hwy in 6th going 55-60 mph. It can run on regular, no problems, but I use premium for more power. I installed an Injen CAI and it SIGNIFICANTLY made more power. Worth every penny and with about 3 months of use no problems. The seats are very comfortable on long trips. The trunk is huge. The glove box is huge. I outrun CooperS, GTI, VR6 no problems. The affordable price is great. Not as fast as a Speed3 but it costs $5-$6k less. Avoid the Rockford stereo. It sounds good when not moving. But roll windows down and it is easily drowned out. Tires are great dry, bad in snow.

Smooth Operator
By Dan on 10/01/08 03:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car. We were first attracted to the elevated seat height, about 6 inches higher than Altima or Maxima. There is plenty of headroom and legroom for my 6'5" frame. The car is very smooth and quiet on the road (think Buick) and handles very well. Very little body lean while cornering (think Jetta). The CVT works very well but it took some getting used to. Forget the tachometer and just drive. Aggressive driving has very little effect on fuel economy. It accelerates very nicely if you step on it. I have been getting 30+ MPG in suburban driving and 35 MPG on trips. It is the quietest car I have owned. You can carry on a normal conversation will passengers in the front or back.

Happy SE-R owner
By Darren on 09/29/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I picked up the SE-R in May of 2008 to replace my 2000 Grand AM GT. This car is well worth it. Excellent mileage. It looks great, not too over the top. Acceleration is brisk, but not rocket fast. It handles well with a sporty feel, corners better than my Grand Am GT ever did. The interior is roomy and can fit 3 booster seats for kids across the back row (tight fit, but it works). Front seats are great. Trunk is large and easy to access. Upgraded Rockford Fosgate Stereo is powerful and clear. 6 Disc changer is a nice feature, but most will use their MP3 players in the aux jack more than the changer. Gripes are few, no cup holders in the rear and back bench does not split or fold.

Highly recommend
By defabz on 09/25/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have 5,250 miles on my Sentra, and I absolutely love it. I had a 2006 Sentra, but there is no comparison. It is perfect for a small family, even when traveling. The back seat is quite comfortable. I was not getting a new car until one with leather and a sunroof was in my budget. Well, I got that plus blue tooth, upgraded stereo, keyless, and more. Gas mileage has been excellent - 30 when mostly in town, 35-38 on hwy. Gas mileage drops quickly if you drive aggressively, so I have had to really adjust to get the better efficiency. Final deciding factor - Nissan negotiates! I got it for $2,000 below dealer cost and in the color I wanted (transferred in).

Poor - Body Problems
By Heather Friedline on 09/19/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My first experience with Nissan has been horrible. My car is 6 months old and is rusting on both sides, back panel, below the doors. Nissan will not cover the defect even though there are many of the same make and model with the same problem. It drives well and I enjoy the vehicle but the interior plastic is also a problem with scratches from just normal use.