2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
ugh
By steven on 12/17/08 10:00 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

CD player has static noise in it, 3 cd players later still the same. Outside noise can be heard in back like window is rolled down, very noisy. Also 22 mpg on hwy I use Chevron gas too, advertised 26-33 not even close.

Wow what a car!
By Matthew on 12/13/08 17:58 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car!!! I almost chose the SPEC-V, but my girlfriend does not know how to drive standard, so that's that. Anyway, the brakes stop on a dime, the suspension is amazing, the CVT pulls hard. The fuel economy is not as good as I thought, but I do push the car somewhat. The stereo is great, but wished it played MP3s; I am 6'3 and pretty big, and it fits me like a cadillac would. I bought an extended warranty only because CVT is a new technology, and did not want to get stuck with a $4000 bill if the tranny fails. The a/c is strong; I have nothing but good to write about this car, it is truly the best of all worlds. Comfortable, fast, reliable, solid, and everything is just excellent.

I'm still not sure...
By Sonoma Red Nissan on 12/12/08 19:51 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have put about 1250 miles on my new Sentra 2.0 S, and I'm still really not sure how I feel about it. If I had it to do over again, I don't think I would have bought this car. I feel like I'm driving a stick, it is hard to get used to driving it, thus it's very jerky. Hits bumps very hard and shaky. I do love the smallness of the car, yet roomy inside. My inside door panels immediately scratched up terribly from just my coat buttons!! I do love the buttons that show MPG and miles til empty, but am disappointed at getting just about 25.5 mpg. Dealer said it should get over 30-38, but would be higher after breaking in. When is that?? No auto locks or headlights! :(

German drivability; Japanese reliability
By Gordon on 12/10/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car recently and I am very satisfied. Test drove a Honda Fit and a Civic, and after I test drove a Versa - it beat them both, however I wasn't satisfied with the amount of room so I stepped up to the Sentra. It drove the same as the Versa and was as comfortable as the Civic... all with a better price tag. Great bachelor car if you're looking for a roomy sedan that handles like a BMW. Its performance speaks for itself.

SE-R
By Dale on 11/28/08 08:49 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you have not driven an SE-R before you bought a normal Sentra, you have missed out on a great small sedan. With the larger 2.5 engine out of the Altima and the 6 speed paddle shifters it is great fun to drive and yet we have averaged 27.4 mpg to date in suburban type driving. It has good low end torque and will cruise effortlessly at 80+. Be sure to get the upgraded stereo system. Try it and you just might be hooked like I was.

My baby red is a lot of fun to drive.
By Diana Roman on 11/19/08 09:00 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My kids and I love "Baby Red". It doesn't feel like you are driving a small car because have good movements and is very roomy inside. I feel like a "cool mama" driving this car. The only negative thing is not too stable while applying the brakes. The poor thing is taking a beating traveling around 70 miles a day and is holding up like a champ.

Best value period
By ThomasM on 11/16/08 09:46 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Simply great car. It is considered compact, but inside is bigger that Hondas and Toyotas. Very quiet ride, CVT works great, especially going up hills. Suspension maybe a bit stiff, reminds me German cars tuned for speed, sits very well on a road. Engine is strong and if you step on it it goes. The whole car feels very well constructed and tuned. The basic stereo offers 4 6/9 speakers, plenty of power, imaging is very good. Fuel consumption is good, not as good as Toyota Yaris or Corolla, but engine is bigger and stronger.This car in my opinion, is currently, the best value on the market period. Does what it was designed to do: offers comfortable reliable ride.

My first Nissan
By tishpit on 11/04/08 05:16 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the car nearly one month and put on over 1800 miles. Mileage is very good with an average of 30.8 mpg in mixed city and highway driving. Rides nice, CVT is very smooth and idles so quietly, at first I thought it stalled! Nice car overall, but not an exciting drive, but then it's not meant to be. Does everything well enough. Only gripes so far is the driver's side sun visor hits the rear view mirror and therefore makes looking out very difficult unless you duck under it or keep moving the mirror out of the way. Wish it had a trunk release on the fob like my Jeep does. Good quality construction, but beware of blind spots with small, oddly shaped outside mirrors.

Love it!!
By Linda on 11/03/08 08:57 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We test drove the Versa,Cobalt, Caliber, Yaris, Elantra, M3, and the Saturn equivalent. Versa drove the best but was just a tad too small. Then I said, let's try the Sentra! WOW! I knew right away that was the car. Great pickup, GREAT MPG (32 overall, sometimes 37 on the highway). Last weekend was the real test - we got a 9X12 carpet in and closed the trunk! Love those fold down seats!

Reliable Engine, Some Quality Issues....
By Jeff on 11/01/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Sentra for about 3 months In the 3 months I have had this car there have been some quality issues both mechanically and build quality Mechanically the engine is very reliable but I will advise you there is a recall on the brakes and most 2008 Sentras have this problem if you take it to Nissan they will fix it free of charge under the warranty. Also the CVT is reliable and smooth but it does make a droning sound when windows are down and does lack on acceleration when not really pushing the car. As for build quality I have to say the exterior is well made but avoid the beige interior it scratches very easily and get very dirty. Overall average car at a average value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.