Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Watch your Nissan Sentra
By Ruscle

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our Sentra for about 2 years Can't keep tires on the back of it It wears out a set every 20000 miles Put a new set on at 36000miles and it messed them up in less than 6000 miles Took it to the dealer and they said the rear end was out of alignment but there was nothing they could do about it Called Nissan and they said there was not a problem with the car There is information all over the internet telling about the problem and how to fix it but Nissan keeps saying there is not a problem and to just change my tires every 6000 miles Would not own another Nissan ever!!!

Suggested Improvements

Fix your cars

Just "OK"
By Jeffrey

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Sentra for 18 mos. and have come to the conclusion that it is just "OK". I have 25,000 miles on it and it has been reliable-no mechanical problems. That said, having been a Honda owner previously (Civics and Accords), I wish now that I had stuck with Honda for two reasons: comfort and fuel economy. I drive 120 miles daily on straight, flat, highways and the best I have ever gotten was 32 MPG. I did better than that with my Accord which was bigger and more powerful, and far better than that with my Civic. Regarding comfort, the absence of telescopic steering means having to drive with outstretched arms, which is uncomfortable and annoying. Also, road noise is a bit loud.

Favorite Features

Sticker price, reliability, CVT,

Suggested Improvements

Telescopic steering! Also, there needs to be better noise insulation between the cabin and the trunk. I get too much road noise emanating from the trunk.

31000 miles and plenty to Go!
By Veenherbluesentra

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ok, so I've had my sentra for almost a year now. This car does well as far as gas mileage since I drive 50+ miles one way commuting back and forth to work. All and all it's a great car with great gas mileage, only thing is the steering wheel is rather hard to steer, and limits your movement as far as hand placement. For a tall and thin sedan this car seems very grounded and handles curves alright.

Favorite Features

Radio & good gas mileage..and the keyless entry I had installed...part of deal for car.

Suggested Improvements

Make keyless entry and cruise control standard on all models.

16000 and still a great car
By Tommy G

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

i recently purchased this car used with nissans certified pre-owned program. That being said I cannot find anything inherently wrong with the car design without nitpicking. Yes the CVT transmission takes some getting used to and the stability when driving "spirited" leaves me wanting more. It is to say that this is a commuter vehicle and as such performs its daily tasks appropriatly to its design. No it is not a speed racer and its not ment to be. Seeing that the speed limit in my state is still 70 mph the sentra seems to work well at this speed for long distances. as for anyone complaining about the whirring noise from the transmission at speed needs to just turn some music on.

Favorite Features

probably the bluetooth handsfree altho there are many other cars out there that offer it. The CVT tranny once you get used to its uniqueness.

Suggested Improvements

Better handling and better packaging options (if you want one option like say a sun roof you end up having to get like 5 other expensive items you dont necessarily want)

less than impressed
By Erin

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car gets great gas mileage and the exterior of the car is very Nice. But, it is the most uncomfortable car that I have ever had to drive. The steering wheel is extremely uncomfortable, I feel like I can never adjust my hands and elbows to a comfortable position while driving it.

Favorite Features

great gas mileage, cruise control

Suggested Improvements

change the steering wheel and seats to make them more accommodating.