2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Constant Transmission problems
By SD on 05/23/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a new 2008 Sentra S back in Feb and have had an ongoing issue with the transmission. Any time I ease off the accelerator in 4th, 5th and 6th gear, I can hear a high pitched whining sound. Started noticing it before 1,000 miles and brought it to the dealership. They test drove the car and told me it was normal. The sound kept getting louder and the dealership agreed to replace the transmission at 2,500 miles. The sound was still their after the swap, just not as loud. 6,500 miles on the car now and whine is back. Nissan says it is normal once again and refuses requests for additional work on car.

bad tires
By bobbie on 05/11/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

mileage is great if you can afford tires every 30,000 miles because of the tire alignment going bad all the time.

3Months - Not Raving but
By grif_57 on 05/04/09 10:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Second Review here. After 3500 miles. Here is how we feel about the car. Its very smooth. Period. The CVT is not bad to drive once you get used to pushing the throttle and letting it do its thing. I have had zero problems. Everything is working like day 1. Now a few suggestions. The arm rest stinks and the seat is a little soft but I like the height adjustment. Averaging over 30mpg, but I expected more. The readout on the dash is about 1.5 mpg optimistic. Got better with my VW Passat. The electric power steering feels a little 'soft'. Overall I would still recommend this car.

I love it
By dabestdrummer_8387 on 04/26/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. Mine has the 2.0 with a 6 speed. I THINK that it shifts really smooth. handles well. I have smoked the newer hondas with this. in the civic it comes standard with a 1.8 and the si has a 2.0. well with a sentra you get a 2.0 stock. so i think it has the best standard horses. the interior is quite comfy. i drove it from ohio to texas and was really comfy. the base stereo has really good sound for a semi- base model. this car has a really big trunk. i can easily fit 4 12 inch subwoofers in the back!

Nothing exciting
By kenosmom on 04/08/09 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car new for practical reasons (not a 4 door sedan type person), and overall a decent car. Smoothest engine I've ever heard, bar none! CVT transmission works well and gas mileage averaged over 30 mpg. But overall a pretty boring drive. Handling is average, driver's seat too soft and lacks lumbar support, sun visor hits mirror when lowered, (bumper cover popped off, panels don't align well).

Nice little car
By Jessica on 03/19/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 30 minute commute every day twice a day, and then I drive extra to and from stores. This car is very nice, I have had it for almost 2 weeks and have only had to fill it up twice. It rides very smooth. The BlueTooth is a little annoying, but still a nice feature. It is also very nice to get in the car with a push of a button (twice).. but still i don't have to push in a code..or listen to the loud beep.. its very nice and convenient. The hidden spot in the trunk is nice as well.

Could be better
By Teresa on 03/15/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The sunglass holder to the left of the steering column is wasted space. It's hard to get open and closed and sometimes comes out. I've had problems with the right front door window rattling. I had to take it back to the dealer 3 times to get it fixed.

Could be better
By ladytee on 03/15/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car 9 months and so far it's been very reliable. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably buy a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry instead.

Great car thus far
By Charly on 03/03/09 13:58 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

GAS MILEAGE IS OVERRATED THUS FAR. I've had it under a year and have been pretty disappointed by the gas mileage.

Brought it home today !
By grif_57 on 02/21/09 12:55 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased my black 2.0 after several months of research. Drove many comparable models, domestic and foreign. My first impression and that of my wife, who first drove the car this morning, is great car. The CVT. It was a snowmobile to me first, but it really seems to work. Road noise? A little, but that's what radios are for. I was looking for a stripped down daily driver and found this rather impressively equipped S model for a better price than the others. You know who you are. Since this car has all of 36 miles in it, I'm marking the build quality and reliability in the middle. Check back.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Nissan Sentra in VA is:

$146 per month*