Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

08' Sentra Um Not so good...
By Eric

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Sentra for a little over 2 years now. At first, I thought it was a great car. It seems a little wimpy as I have had other 4cyl cars with more guts. The factory tires wore out after 15,000 miles and it seems like there isn't a shop that can do a proper alignment on it. It tracks to the left and when braking at highway speeds, the steering wheel shakes bad. The interior looks cool, but isn't built with the highest quality. I would not recommend this car to anyone. The only good thing about it is the gas mileage. I get 31.5 mpg on average.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Gas mileage. 6 speed manual (the only fun part!).

Suggested Improvements

Tires, workmanship, engine (it has no guts).

Very economical box
By Tez

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Exterior is rather bland. Interior is a cross between german and perhaps a little eurotrash mixed in. Handling is just okay. Power steering tightens up the steering a little too much at high speeds. Seats are uncomfortable for fat tall people like myself. CVT is VERY interesting. Machine cruises at 1800 rpm. Radio is so so. Climate control is so so to good. All told, drives like a rental but the CVT is cool and the whole thing is a every inexpensive ride.

Favorite Features

CVT. Cruising along at 1800 rpm is very cool.

Suggested Improvements

The seat is tortuous for six footers. Steering needs to be reworked. Hire someone professional to style the interior and exterior.

my family has been with nissan since1974
By grant

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i have had altmas,frontiers, maximas, stanzas, and pathfinders this sentra is by far a great car. nissan did it again. handles great up mountans i have raced my dads frontier 4.0 and off the line i won. nice comfort the front seats recline very far i drive 150 miles a day and i get an avg of 29- 32 depending on how hard i step on the gas. mtn driving is a blast the car hugs turns tight and you still can give it gas threw the turn for the rest of it looks, inside and out its a good looking car. would like to see in 2 dr tho. and as for build and reliability well ... its a nissan not a toy. haha over all price handling performance and looks its a 10 to me

Favorite Features

even the lighting for at night is great don't even need hid's. easy to drive the 6 speed is so easy i can shift with my pinkie and drive with my knees.

Suggested Improvements

needs side marker mirrors and break away mirrors and more DC plug ins and that lock thing ppl are complaining about just get the power lock mirror and window package and you wont have that prob

Love it but
By jing

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I like my Nissan Sentra ...it's fuel economy, performance is pretty good. My only complaint is that the mirror, plastic vents, which are all in its interior, are not well made. I'm not doing anything that can be abusive to my automobiles. Except I have high mileage because I commute at least 150 mi ea day..i replace my automobiles at least 2x a year (i have 2 autos). I also hate the fact that changing brake lights (rear lights) are not DIY. By the way for the last 10 years my autos are all Nissan (Xterra, Altima, Pathfinder, and currently I have Sentra and bought another Pathfinder)..Love the Nissan brand =)

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy and it's new look. I love the keyless entry and blue tooth technology..awesome for this non luxurious auto.

Suggested Improvements

Make brake lights replacement a DIY . Make a better quality interior parts.

I Love My Car!
By dianna

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car! My boyfriend bought it for me. I love driving it. I have no complaints about my car at all. It handles very well. I have had all the oil changes and the 15,000 mile inspection. and the tires rotated. It corners very well! No problems at all. If you take care of your car. Its going to last a long time. I hand wash my car.I treat it like a baby!! I love it!

Favorite Features

The stereo! Being able to to switch stations from the steering wheel and the volume control is great. All the compartments it has. The trunk is huge!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would like to see improve. Is you really have to turn your head when you are lane changing. because trying to look out the side window your view is blocked by the way it is designed or curves from the back window area!