2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Just "OK"
By Jeffrey on 08/27/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Sentra for 18 mos. and have come to the conclusion that it is just "OK". I have 25,000 miles on it and it has been reliable-no mechanical problems. That said, having been a Honda owner previously (Civics and Accords), I wish now that I had stuck with Honda for two reasons: comfort and fuel economy. I drive 120 miles daily on straight, flat, highways and the best I have ever gotten was 32 MPG. I did better than that with my Accord which was bigger and more powerful, and far better than that with my Civic. Regarding comfort, the absence of telescopic steering means having to drive with outstretched arms, which is uncomfortable and annoying. Also, road noise is a bit loud.

31000 miles and plenty to Go!
By Veenherbluesentra on 08/18/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ok, so I've had my sentra for almost a year now. This car does well as far as gas mileage since I drive 50+ miles one way commuting back and forth to work. All and all it's a great car with great gas mileage, only thing is the steering wheel is rather hard to steer, and limits your movement as far as hand placement. For a tall and thin sedan this car seems very grounded and handles curves alright.

16000 and still a great car
By Tommy G on 08/03/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

i recently purchased this car used with nissans certified pre-owned program. That being said I cannot find anything inherently wrong with the car design without nitpicking. Yes the CVT transmission takes some getting used to and the stability when driving "spirited" leaves me wanting more. It is to say that this is a commuter vehicle and as such performs its daily tasks appropriatly to its design. No it is not a speed racer and its not ment to be. Seeing that the speed limit in my state is still 70 mph the sentra seems to work well at this speed for long distances. as for anyone complaining about the whirring noise from the transmission at speed needs to just turn some music on.

less than impressed
By Erin on 07/12/09 09:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car gets great gas mileage and the exterior of the car is very Nice. But, it is the most uncomfortable car that I have ever had to drive. The steering wheel is extremely uncomfortable, I feel like I can never adjust my hands and elbows to a comfortable position while driving it.

All I need in a car
By KW on 07/07/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After owning only American cars I love my Nissan Sentra, my wife owns an 06 Altima. We have 5 kids, 3 at home, and this car is quick (CVT), great gas mileage, 29 city and 34 Hwy. I am 6’2 and find it very comfortable with space left in the back for an adult with extra head room. I think it is very quiet and runs on the highway very smoothly for a small car. Now is it like my pervious Lincoln Towncar, no way. But is far better than any other “midsize” car I have owned. The only complaint is winter time in Iowa, being small it can be a challenge to drive in very heavy snow. I love this car and it is all I need.

Best Bang for the Buck!
By Tom on 07/03/09 13:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a mid-to-later aged guy who is basically lazy and let me tell you that this car with the telephone modem and keyless entry is a dream! Except for the fact that it's a bit tall and thin so it doesn't have the stability of, say, my honda civic, it is a really a great car and has a lot of room inside and in the hide away trunk. I only get about 26mpg but I'm a heavy-footer. I've broken the darn drivers mirror off twice in my tight garage so I think they need to be "foldable". The mpg avg on the dash is a joke but the radio is great. I have noticed that the tire pressure is a major issue and between the low pressure alarm as well as veering to one side or the other.

6 Speed Fun
By Vicsone on 06/29/09 00:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the third Nissan we have owned. My wife loves them. She opted for the 6 speed which is smooth and fun to drive. We have 11k miles on the car and so far so good except for one squeak in the back no one can find. The fuel mileage is great at 36 mpg Hwy. The biggest improvement would be a little more leg room for the knees the shifter console is rough on them after a few miles. Overall very satisfied and will keep for about 6 years. Thanks Nissan and keep up the Good work!!

love this car
By sohni on 06/28/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

this car is amazing.i love it.from outside this car look small but it is allot of space in the car. also the best part in this car is u put back seat down and make space bigger. best car for me....yaaaaaaa

2008 nissan sentra one year mark
By jjmcc323 on 06/22/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have had car for one year, mpg when new was 28 now a year later is 37 mpg long highway trip to work, car is no frills boring to drive, runs great no issues plan to buy it when lease is up, only complaint is rear defogger not up to par, also had someone hit my bumper at 3 mph bill was 1800.00 to fix that is not right for such a small hit.

Great Choice for Comfort and Economy
By EJJE on 06/11/09 06:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Sentra for over a year now. The new Sentra design is much better than the previous models. This is really a French Car with Renault roots. Built for ride quality, comfort and quiet traveling. Also inside it is as big as a mid size car although the outside looks very compact. I enjoyed several trips in this car and I do not miss having a bigger mid size car at all. CVT tranny takes a little getting use to and car will drift a little on very windy days due to the height of the car. Everyone interested in a compact car should drive a Sentra for sure!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.