2008 Sentra 2.0 Pro's N' Con's
By ronjr69 on
2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Pro's, Nice color (Onyx Blue) good paint finish, decent stereo, decent mpg (31-34 mpg @ 70 mph), quiet ride, roomy, good AC, adjustable cupholder, reliable (so far) Con's, No ABS standard, no cruise control, hard seat's, aux. in should be in center console, drivers seat should be centered behind steering wheel, steering wheel should be a softer material, can't read LCD displays with polarized sunglasses on, oversteer, can't fit my foot between brake pedal and center console to reach gas pedal (have to push tippy-to and is uncomfortable on long drives), lot's of body sway when windy or near trucks at speed, bland performance, handling, car is seriously under engineered, can't believe no ABS
Favorite Features
Stereo, quiet ride, decent mpg, reliability. Overall, I get out of this car pretty much what I expect from a lower tier vehicle, am surprised that there is no standard ABS, or cruise control, I've driven it about 15K and no major problems (I noticed the brake light had come on after my first maintanence oil change), there is a recall on this, will get it fixed, can't find a leak and it stops O.K. (for no ABS), I would have prefered a Ford Focus or Fiesta, or a Chevy Cruise, but they did not offer me financing, Nissan went out of thier way to help me purchase this vehicle, I paid too much, but that is expected.
Suggested Improvements
Make ABS Standard!, move brake pedal to the left or make it smaller, ditch the CVT and add a 5 spd standard, softer material for steering wheel, LED's instead of LCD for radio display, center drivers seat behind the steering wheel (I thought it was me, but my friend noticed it almost immediately) if you include power windows/locks, int wipers, it's a no brainer to also include cruise control, move aux. in to center console, it's untidy to have wires dangling from your dash, make center console higher so it can be used as an arm rest, lower ride height so car doesn't sway out so much in turns and has lower profile in wind and truck turbulance, lower driver's seat.