Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Most Helpful|
Watch your Nissan Sentra
By Ruscle

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our Sentra for about 2 years Can't keep tires on the back of it It wears out a set every 20000 miles Put a new set on at 36000miles and it messed them up in less than 6000 miles Took it to the dealer and they said the rear end was out of alignment but there was nothing they could do about it Called Nissan and they said there was not a problem with the car There is information all over the internet telling about the problem and how to fix it but Nissan keeps saying there is not a problem and to just change my tires every 6000 miles Would not own another Nissan ever!!!

Suggested Improvements

Fix your cars

Good car
By tezza

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My Nissan gets 32 mpg, with 80 percent highway traveling 70 mph. Pretty good gas mileage. The outside of the car is Rather mundane. The trunk has plenty of room for a car of this size. Interior wise, the seat is uncomfortable due to poor lumbar support. I use a lumbar cushion to offset (I think this problem has been corrected in the 2010 model). The steering wheel tilts but does not telescope which is a problem for drivers with longer legs. The stereo is good but not great. Strangely, the air conditioning is very good. The transmission is fantastic. The car lopes along at very low rpm and at first you have to get used to the fact that it doesn't shift. Engine is good.

Favorite Features

Transmission Air conditioning

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel. More comfortable seat with good lumbar support (this may have been corrected in later models) Update styling so it looks better (Versa is nicer styled in my opinion).

Wow what a car!
By Matthew

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car!!! I almost chose the SPEC-V, but my girlfriend does not know how to drive standard, so that's that. Anyway, the brakes stop on a dime, the suspension is amazing, the CVT pulls hard. The fuel economy is not as good as I thought, but I do push the car somewhat. The stereo is great, but wished it played MP3s; I am 6'3 and pretty big, and it fits me like a cadillac would. I bought an extended warranty only because CVT is a new technology, and did not want to get stuck with a $4000 bill if the tranny fails. The a/c is strong; I have nothing but good to write about this car, it is truly the best of all worlds. Comfortable, fast, reliable, solid, and everything is just excellent.

Favorite Features

A/C strong! Fast!

I love my Sentra!
By jessbugg

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Sentra used from a dealership in early 2010, it was originally a rental car so had a few extra miles on it. I have put over 40,000 miles on it mainly driving back and forth from TN to FL for school and I have never had any problems. It's a great car, gets good gas mileage on the highway and I have not had problems with an "uncomfortable ride" I only recently replaced my tires & brake pads but the car has 70,000+ miles on it now. I've had no issues with the engine or anything under the hood, but I do get regular oil changes and maintenance checks since I do so much highway driving. Everyone always thinks my car is newer than an 08, I love it!

Favorite Features

I like the electronic gas meter, I also like the electronic tire pressure light (although I often have to remind my mechanic to reset the light when I take it in), I love how roomy the car is being a college student I transport a lot of things from my home to school and I can cram a ton of stuff into the trunk and backseat

Suggested Improvements

I wish I had gotten a model with cruise control since I do so much highway driving but honestly that's my only complaint

2008 Nissan Sentra Problems
By tblaha

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought a 2008 Sentra May of 2013 with 67000 miles on it and now have to replace the engine at 83000. Have been in contact with nissan and they WILL NOT stand behind it, said we are 2nd owners of the car.... I not sure what to do from here

Suggested Improvements

Not to buy a Nissan look elsewhere GM, Ford or Toyota