2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews 16

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Best bang for your buck
By Mjacobs on 03/18/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car to get better MPG and I am pleased, CVT is awesome, it's not even broken in and gets 29.9 MPG. Thats with about 25% highway miles. Big difference coming from a 05 Xterra. Glad I didn't buy the Civic I was considering. My car is twice as quiet and rides smoother. The sentra information center blows the civic away, o/s temp,average MPGs, trip timer, etc. Better sound system.

Much better than expected
By Ron S on 03/14/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nice ride, good fuel economy, interior very comfortable, lot's of trunk space and love the hidden trunk space. Blue Tooth is worth the extra cost and stereo system is very nice.

Disappointed Sentra owner
By camrylover on 03/09/08 06:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been a huge disappointment for me. Any wind tends to blow it all over the road & it feels like I am wrestling a pickup or semi. The wind tends to suck the car sideways and blow it to the point that I have to turn the steering wheel 30 degrees off to hold it on the road on a day where the wind is 20 mph which sucks. Also on snowy days it tends to want to fishtail. Fuel economy is at best is 28 though typically 27 on the highway compared to my camry which got a solid 30. The seats are not comfy for anyone even slightly over weight as the location of the seat belts tends to jab, even 128lb daughter complains about it. Also the steering is very stiff.

I love this car!
By doughboy on 03/04/08 06:41 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was originally looking at the toyota corolla. I am so glad the Sentra was sitting so proudly in the showroom. Much smoother ride than the corolla and seemed to be a much better value.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Melissa on 03/01/08 04:46 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I must say, when I stopped at the Nissan dealer, I wasn't even considering a Sentra. But as soon as I sat in it, I knew I had to get it on the road. The test drive confirmed what I already knew when I first sat in the car. I was in love!! The car's smooth ride and shifting is seamless thanks to the CVT. I'm a tall girl, 5'9 and it is extremely roomy even in the back seat. I ended up getting the "Convenience Package" and it was well worth it. I had every intention of buying a Civic, but you get SO much more for your money with the Sentra. I LOVE MY NEW CAR!!!!

Great riding car
By A very nice ride on 02/16/08 18:35 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I just purchased the car today. I just wanted to say I didn't know what to expect with this car. Well, to my surprise so far on the first day it drives extremely quiet and has pretty good power for a 4 cylinder. The CVT works great. Just takes a little while to get used to. Overall, we both love the car and are impressed with all the features of the SL model. It's also very roomy inside and I'm over 6'0" and have plenty of leg and head room. We were going to buy a Civic but I'm glad we went with the Sentra. I would recommend test driving this car. You will like it.

A Comfortable Exciting Ride
By Jeter786 on 01/12/08 09:00 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

In mid October I purchased my Sentra for an amazing price, new from the dealership. I had test drove the new Civic and Accord but unless leased they were out of my price range. I drove the Sentra and instantly fell in love. The advertised gas mileage was just what I was looking for. Almost 5000 miles later this is the best vehicle I have bought yet. It has acceleration even with the CVT and a quality interior as well as a sound system to match. The bluetooth phone is outstanding and the car is quiet. Recently I drove it through the mountains on the way to North Carolina and it was a joyful drive. This car really outperforms all that I test drove and its one you can't beat.

So far very pleased
By smdobbs on 01/11/08 13:00 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I heard that the sentra was a very reliable car. We have an 97 altima in the family with over 220K miles. My last two cars (cavalier & integra) went over 230K miles and I hope to go to 300K on this one. Looked at Civic, but just out of price range. This car is packed with features features for the price. The inside is unbelievably comfortable and I am 6 feet all. Dash layout is great. Gas mileage improves with every fill up. Don't rely on the trip comuter to tell you your mileage. I found that by doing the math myself I am getting around 34 MPG. Trip computer tell me 30. I drive about 70% highway.

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 s manual trans
By Cassandra on 01/09/08 20:24 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great car, I drive to and from college in it and often get over 36 miles to the gallon. The 6 speed manual is fun to drive, but a little difficult to get used to at first. The new sentra is full of extras: the bluetooth system makes answering calls while on the road a lot safer; the back seats fold down for extra storage; there is an amazing audio system with radio, cd, and mp3 compatability; as well as a trip computer and air bags everywhere.

Lots of Bang for the Buck!
By CARL K. on 01/07/08 15:11 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Chose to lease the Sentra because of all the features that came with the car. On my SL model, leather, sunroof, XM radio, keyless entry and ignition, like on cars 2x the price.