2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
So far, love it
By Pat on 03/26/08 19:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Looked at GTIs, civic si, minis, Astra, the usual sporty compact crowd. Drove the Sentra Spec V and it just seemed to do everything well where all the others did some stuff better, but fell short in other ways. The Sentra fit my needs - more space, great mpg, Nissan gave me moonroof, LS diff, xm radio, fun ride but not brutal, torque means any gear pulls great. Love it!

More bang for your buck!
By RS on 03/25/08 23:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have always liked the look of Nissans. I was interested in the Altima but didn't want to spend that much on a car. Did not want a used car either. I test drove the Sentra and once I found out all of the toys (convenience package) you can get, I was sold. I was also looking at the Mazda 3 but I was sold with the blue tooth phone and keyless ignition (I will never buy a car without that again)! The car is fun to drive and for the few times I carry more than one other passenger with me, it has proven to be a champ with passengers and for transporting stuff in the trunk/backseat area. I definitely made the right decision with this car. I had a great dealer experience as well.

Lots of car for little money
By loverboy on 03/24/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had all intentions to buy a 2009 Corolla S. Test drove a Sentra S. It was excellent! A ton better than the Corolla. It has lots more room and the CVT is quite impressive. Didn't think I would really use the bluetooth and keyless entry, but after a few days I love those features (I opted for the convenience package). Smooth transitions the whole time on the CVT, so far getting great mileage. I got a great deal on my 2008 and am quite happy so far.

Great looking car, handling not so great
By mick7can on 03/22/08 05:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car looked great on the lot and was a good test drive in warm/dry weather. The CVT was wonderful, but that's where the positives end. In windy weather or passing transports the car is buffetted horribly and handling in snowy or icy conditions is extremely poor. If I lived in a warm weather locale, perhaps my experience would be better. We are presently upgrading to an Altima as my wife doesn't feel safe driving our Sentra over long distances or on major highways. We are both experienced compact car drivers and this Sentra has been a horrible disappointment.

Best bang for your buck
By Mjacobs on 03/18/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car to get better MPG and I am pleased, CVT is awesome, it's not even broken in and gets 29.9 MPG. Thats with about 25% highway miles. Big difference coming from a 05 Xterra. Glad I didn't buy the Civic I was considering. My car is twice as quiet and rides smoother. The sentra information center blows the civic away, o/s temp,average MPGs, trip timer, etc. Better sound system.

Much better than expected
By Ron S on 03/14/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Nice ride, good fuel economy, interior very comfortable, lot's of trunk space and love the hidden trunk space. Blue Tooth is worth the extra cost and stereo system is very nice.

Disappointed Sentra owner
By camrylover on 03/09/08 06:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has been a huge disappointment for me. Any wind tends to blow it all over the road & it feels like I am wrestling a pickup or semi. The wind tends to suck the car sideways and blow it to the point that I have to turn the steering wheel 30 degrees off to hold it on the road on a day where the wind is 20 mph which sucks. Also on snowy days it tends to want to fishtail. Fuel economy is at best is 28 though typically 27 on the highway compared to my camry which got a solid 30. The seats are not comfy for anyone even slightly over weight as the location of the seat belts tends to jab, even 128lb daughter complains about it. Also the steering is very stiff.

I love this car!
By doughboy on 03/04/08 06:41 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was originally looking at the toyota corolla. I am so glad the Sentra was sitting so proudly in the showroom. Much smoother ride than the corolla and seemed to be a much better value.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Melissa on 03/01/08 04:46 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I must say, when I stopped at the Nissan dealer, I wasn't even considering a Sentra. But as soon as I sat in it, I knew I had to get it on the road. The test drive confirmed what I already knew when I first sat in the car. I was in love!! The car's smooth ride and shifting is seamless thanks to the CVT. I'm a tall girl, 5'9 and it is extremely roomy even in the back seat. I ended up getting the "Convenience Package" and it was well worth it. I had every intention of buying a Civic, but you get SO much more for your money with the Sentra. I LOVE MY NEW CAR!!!!

Great riding car
By A very nice ride on 02/16/08 18:35 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I just purchased the car today. I just wanted to say I didn't know what to expect with this car. Well, to my surprise so far on the first day it drives extremely quiet and has pretty good power for a 4 cylinder. The CVT works great. Just takes a little while to get used to. Overall, we both love the car and are impressed with all the features of the SL model. It's also very roomy inside and I'm over 6'0" and have plenty of leg and head room. We were going to buy a Civic but I'm glad we went with the Sentra. I would recommend test driving this car. You will like it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.