Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Reliable Engine, Some Quality Issues....
By Jeff

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Sentra for about 3 months In the 3 months I have had this car there have been some quality issues both mechanically and build quality Mechanically the engine is very reliable but I will advise you there is a recall on the brakes and most 2008 Sentras have this problem if you take it to Nissan they will fix it free of charge under the warranty. Also the CVT is reliable and smooth but it does make a droning sound when windows are down and does lack on acceleration when not really pushing the car. As for build quality I have to say the exterior is well made but avoid the beige interior it scratches very easily and get very dirty. Overall average car at a average value.

Favorite Features

Auxiliary input jack, power windows and locks, comfortable and rather large cabin for a compact car in its class. Decent value overall.

Suggested Improvements

Only average gas mileage averaging about 22 to 23 MPG with 90 percent city and I am not an aggressive driver, CVT makes a droning sound and definitely not a fan of its performance. Interior build quality feels cheap and beige interior scratches and gets dirty much faster than other cars.

Excellent car for the price
By JordanCS

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This Sentra replaced my Honda Civic Hybrid (too expensive to keep when I switched jobs and started driving 15 miles a day.) The Sentra is a great performer... nice acceleration, comfortable ride, though the suspension is a bit stiff. Interior comfort is excellent. I feel like I have plenty of room, and I'm a large guy. Fuel economy has been excellent - getting 35 MPG highway, and about 26 in the city. Great trunk design. Controls are easy to use and well placed. Seats are comfortable. The only nitpick is the lack of two power outlets, which I understand they fixed in the 2009 version. Great car for the price!

Favorite Features

Well laid out interior. Responsive vehicle to drive. 6 speed manual transmission is great fun.

Suggested Improvements

Two power outlets up front. Reposition aux input from center of radio to a lower position. Stiffness of suspension can be uncomfortable at slow speeds on bumpy roads, but is great at normal speeds or on any normal surface.

Reliable
By Ally

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When my parents and I started looking at cars I hated the Sentra it just wasn't what I thought I was looking for but then I test drove the Civic, Yaris, Corolla and Rabbit and finally under the encouragement of my father went to a Nissan dealership and I fell in love with the Sentra 2.0S. The keyless entry feature is great I haven't used my key since i left the dealership. It has a smooth look, all the bells and whistles I could ever want all under 20K. Gas is great and even better since the price is starting to drop. The acceleration is good and despite what other reviewers say I have virtually no outside noise.

Favorite Features

Nice handling and acceleration, Keyless entry is fabulous, Gas is great, Brakes are good, the bluetooth is more than i could ask for.

Suggested Improvements

I would've gone with the SL if the leather seats came with a heat option and the truck sits very high so I have to count a lot more on my side and rear view mirror than I would like to. Other than that not bad Nissan.

Recall -check out brake fluid
By Thomas

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have only 1600 miles on my car and already the brake light warning showing on the dashboard. I check the brake fluid level and it was very low. I topped the liquid level myself and after a week the level has dropped again. Be careful and take this urgent. I am taking the vehicle to the service tomorrow for checkup. I am sure the brake fluid is leaking and the master cylinder will need to be replaced.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage averaged, driver seat has height adjustment, lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release on keyless entry key will be great.

Very Impressed
By Mark

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I will say that I looked at the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla. The Sentra was levels above on both. The Sentra with the CVT made the deal even better. Overall the Sentra had a great feel and value as well as great fuel economy.

Favorite Features

CVT is amazing. The auxiliary port I love that being able to just connect my iPod. Also standard power windows and locks are nice. Not to mention the drive is very smooth and quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Really, I wouldn't improve too much. Very well built vehicle and smooth to drive.