2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews 15

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
New improved Sentra
By Jessie Ramsey on 04/07/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 3rd sentra, and by far, the best. We had 2 of the 2001 SE models, 1 with 5 speed, and 1 with automatic. I was leery of the CVT, but it feels great now. I think it will last a long time, especially the way that my wife drives it. She'll baby it. Already the mileage is better than the old cars got at their best. The engine is more fuel efficient, while being bigger by 500 cc. We expect high 30 mpg once broken it. The SE-R has anti-lock 4 wheel disc brakes and stiffer suspension than the car with 2.0 engine. It handles so much better. The car is quiet and road noise is filtered out so well. The stereo system is better as is the AC. So much colder. We love it

Best Car I Ever Had
By edee on 04/01/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really liked the altima, but when I saw the sentra, it was on! I didn't like the plain one, I picked out the 2.0sl with peanut butter color leather seats, sunroof etc. The ride is quiet and smooth, sound system is great. I think I made a good choice, the only thing I wish they would add is more horse power for more speed. Thank you for making a great car.

Smooth as water
By Cali driver on 03/31/08 23:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has surpassed all expectations. After trying honda civic, toyola corolla/camry, scion, matrix, mazda3, this car had everything in it that were options for the rest. Moonroof, CVT, ABS, leather seats, Bluetooth, XM satellite, fog lights, hidden trunk compartment,alarm, and the best~ Intelligent Key entry. As long as the remote is on you, you don't have to dig around for it to open the door or start your car. The ride is so smooth, like a boat on water. I don't want to stop driving. My boyfriend is 5'11" and loved driving it. Especially the CVT. There is ample room and my friends are impressed with the drive.

Poorly built
By disappointed on 03/31/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I should have bought the Civic. Purchased this vehicle Feb. 29, 2008. This vehicle is like a tin can on wheels. The wind noise is prominent and there are numerous rattles from doors and trim. The weather strips around the front doors are coming apart. This is not a luxury drive and the bumps in the road will confirm this; you will feel it in the seat of your pants and can be clearly heard in the cabin. Tap on the panels and trunk and you will get a hollow sound. The fuel economy is way below the advertised rating. The foot pedals are too close and any foot above a size 9 will be in for trouble. The arm rest is more like an elbow rest. This is a terrible car.

Sentra rules
By Frank on 03/30/08 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I took my Sentra on a 1000 mile ride and I was very satisfied with the performance of the car.The acceleration is far superior to any other similar size car.

Not a Japanese car
By Chris on 03/30/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The fit and finish is awful. The hood and trunk are off center.The trunk so much it almost touches the rear 1/4 panel on one side and has a 1/4 inch gap on the other. The plastic dash is not smooth and the edges stick up. The cheap labor shows here. The eyeglass holder is so hard to open you wind up pulling it from the dash. I dont even use it anymore. Bumps can be teeth jarring. Gas mileage is less than stellar. At this pricepoint there are much better choices. Shop around. This car will be going back at lease end and I will be back at Ford. Also no power seats rather an antiquated crank to raise seat height

Sentra deserves a GREAT review!
By O'Malley on 03/28/08 04:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The 2008 Nissan Sentra packs more bang for the buck than any of its competitors! Look at the comfort, "toys", reliability, longevity of the CVT, build quality, safety, and room (space) and cost, and it's hands-down a Sentra winner!

More bang for your buck!
By RS on 03/25/08 23:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have always liked the look of Nissans. I was interested in the Altima but didn't want to spend that much on a car. Did not want a used car either. I test drove the Sentra and once I found out all of the toys (convenience package) you can get, I was sold. I was also looking at the Mazda 3 but I was sold with the blue tooth phone and keyless ignition (I will never buy a car without that again)! The car is fun to drive and for the few times I carry more than one other passenger with me, it has proven to be a champ with passengers and for transporting stuff in the trunk/backseat area. I definitely made the right decision with this car. I had a great dealer experience as well.

Lots of car for little money
By loverboy on 03/24/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had all intentions to buy a 2009 Corolla S. Test drove a Sentra S. It was excellent! A ton better than the Corolla. It has lots more room and the CVT is quite impressive. Didn't think I would really use the bluetooth and keyless entry, but after a few days I love those features (I opted for the convenience package). Smooth transitions the whole time on the CVT, so far getting great mileage. I got a great deal on my 2008 and am quite happy so far.

Great looking car, handling not so great
By mick7can on 03/22/08 05:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car looked great on the lot and was a good test drive in warm/dry weather. The CVT was wonderful, but that's where the positives end. In windy weather or passing transports the car is buffetted horribly and handling in snowy or icy conditions is extremely poor. If I lived in a warm weather locale, perhaps my experience would be better. We are presently upgrading to an Altima as my wife doesn't feel safe driving our Sentra over long distances or on major highways. We are both experienced compact car drivers and this Sentra has been a horrible disappointment.