2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
2008 Nissan Sentra
By Lee on 04/12/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car screams cheap build quality. Gas mileage is poor 25-28 mpg mostly highway. Uncomfortable driving position found this out over time (needs a telescoping wheel). Gray plastic interior shows every scratch from my fingernails. Looking to dump this car already. Looks great but looks are deceiving. The ride over small bumps knock you around like a wooden roller coaster.

Cute Car, But I Hate It
By Lin N.H. on 04/10/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got a really good deal on my Sentra, that's the good news. The rest is mostly negative. The driving position is very uncomfortable for me. I am an average size woman 5'6" and I find the seats too small. If it was a purchase from any place other than a car dealership, I would have returned it for refund in the first week. But I'm stuck with it for years. It has been in the shop 5 times. The clutch makes a noise when depressed and again when released. The side windows rattle in their seals. After 2,500 miles, the Service Engine Soon light came on and the cruise control stopped working. I definitely should have spent more time test-driving this car and exploring other options!

Love the Sentra
By Schabotnik on 04/09/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For those in the market for a small car, I can't imagine how you can do better than the Sentra. I went from a gas guzzling, junk heap Wrangler, and haven't regretted a second. Its fun to drive, handles great, quiet, smooth, great MPG. Honestly, I don't know what some of these reviewers are thinking. This thing is awesome in all regards.

New improved Sentra
By Jessie Ramsey on 04/07/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 3rd sentra, and by far, the best. We had 2 of the 2001 SE models, 1 with 5 speed, and 1 with automatic. I was leery of the CVT, but it feels great now. I think it will last a long time, especially the way that my wife drives it. She'll baby it. Already the mileage is better than the old cars got at their best. The engine is more fuel efficient, while being bigger by 500 cc. We expect high 30 mpg once broken it. The SE-R has anti-lock 4 wheel disc brakes and stiffer suspension than the car with 2.0 engine. It handles so much better. The car is quiet and road noise is filtered out so well. The stereo system is better as is the AC. So much colder. We love it

Best Car I Ever Had
By edee on 04/01/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I really liked the altima, but when I saw the sentra, it was on! I didn't like the plain one, I picked out the 2.0sl with peanut butter color leather seats, sunroof etc. The ride is quiet and smooth, sound system is great. I think I made a good choice, the only thing I wish they would add is more horse power for more speed. Thank you for making a great car.

Smooth as water
By Cali driver on 03/31/08 23:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has surpassed all expectations. After trying honda civic, toyola corolla/camry, scion, matrix, mazda3, this car had everything in it that were options for the rest. Moonroof, CVT, ABS, leather seats, Bluetooth, XM satellite, fog lights, hidden trunk compartment,alarm, and the best~ Intelligent Key entry. As long as the remote is on you, you don't have to dig around for it to open the door or start your car. The ride is so smooth, like a boat on water. I don't want to stop driving. My boyfriend is 5'11" and loved driving it. Especially the CVT. There is ample room and my friends are impressed with the drive.

Poorly built
By disappointed on 03/31/08 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I should have bought the Civic. Purchased this vehicle Feb. 29, 2008. This vehicle is like a tin can on wheels. The wind noise is prominent and there are numerous rattles from doors and trim. The weather strips around the front doors are coming apart. This is not a luxury drive and the bumps in the road will confirm this; you will feel it in the seat of your pants and can be clearly heard in the cabin. Tap on the panels and trunk and you will get a hollow sound. The fuel economy is way below the advertised rating. The foot pedals are too close and any foot above a size 9 will be in for trouble. The arm rest is more like an elbow rest. This is a terrible car.

Sentra rules
By Frank on 03/30/08 18:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I took my Sentra on a 1000 mile ride and I was very satisfied with the performance of the car.The acceleration is far superior to any other similar size car.

Not a Japanese car
By Chris on 03/30/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The fit and finish is awful. The hood and trunk are off center.The trunk so much it almost touches the rear 1/4 panel on one side and has a 1/4 inch gap on the other. The plastic dash is not smooth and the edges stick up. The cheap labor shows here. The eyeglass holder is so hard to open you wind up pulling it from the dash. I dont even use it anymore. Bumps can be teeth jarring. Gas mileage is less than stellar. At this pricepoint there are much better choices. Shop around. This car will be going back at lease end and I will be back at Ford. Also no power seats rather an antiquated crank to raise seat height

Sentra deserves a GREAT review!
By O'Malley on 03/28/08 04:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The 2008 Nissan Sentra packs more bang for the buck than any of its competitors! Look at the comfort, "toys", reliability, longevity of the CVT, build quality, safety, and room (space) and cost, and it's hands-down a Sentra winner!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.