Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

SE-R
By Dale

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you have not driven an SE-R before you bought a normal Sentra, you have missed out on a great small sedan. With the larger 2.5 engine out of the Altima and the 6 speed paddle shifters it is great fun to drive and yet we have averaged 27.4 mpg to date in suburban type driving. It has good low end torque and will cruise effortlessly at 80+. Be sure to get the upgraded stereo system. Try it and you just might be hooked like I was.

My baby red is a lot of fun to drive.
By Diana Roman

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My kids and I love "Baby Red". It doesn't feel like you are driving a small car because have good movements and is very roomy inside. I feel like a "cool mama" driving this car. The only negative thing is not too stable while applying the brakes. The poor thing is taking a beating traveling around 70 miles a day and is holding up like a champ.

Favorite Features

Inside room and exterior style.

Suggested Improvements

Wider tires. Better brake system.

Best value period
By ThomasM

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Simply great car. It is considered compact, but inside is bigger that Hondas and Toyotas. Very quiet ride, CVT works great, especially going up hills. Suspension maybe a bit stiff, reminds me German cars tuned for speed, sits very well on a road. Engine is strong and if you step on it it goes. The whole car feels very well constructed and tuned. The basic stereo offers 4 6/9 speakers, plenty of power, imaging is very good. Fuel consumption is good, not as good as Toyota Yaris or Corolla, but engine is bigger and stronger.This car in my opinion, is currently, the best value on the market period. Does what it was designed to do: offers comfortable reliable ride.

Favorite Features

CVT, quiet ride

Suggested Improvements

more standard features

My first Nissan
By tishpit

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the car nearly one month and put on over 1800 miles. Mileage is very good with an average of 30.8 mpg in mixed city and highway driving. Rides nice, CVT is very smooth and idles so quietly, at first I thought it stalled! Nice car overall, but not an exciting drive, but then it's not meant to be. Does everything well enough. Only gripes so far is the driver's side sun visor hits the rear view mirror and therefore makes looking out very difficult unless you duck under it or keep moving the mirror out of the way. Wish it had a trunk release on the fob like my Jeep does. Good quality construction, but beware of blind spots with small, oddly shaped outside mirrors.

Favorite Features

CVT, gas mileage, reliable, quiet engine, good fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Larger side mirrors, sun visor that does not hit rear view mirror, lumbar support and slightly firmer seats.

Love it!!
By Linda

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We test drove the Versa,Cobalt, Caliber, Yaris, Elantra, M3, and the Saturn equivalent. Versa drove the best but was just a tad too small. Then I said, let's try the Sentra! WOW! I knew right away that was the car. Great pickup, GREAT MPG (32 overall, sometimes 37 on the highway). Last weekend was the real test - we got a 9X12 carpet in and closed the trunk! Love those fold down seats!

Favorite Features

Fold down seats, radio controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Make it in bright red!