Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

I'm still not sure...
By Sonoma Red Nissan

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have put about 1250 miles on my new Sentra 2.0 S, and I'm still really not sure how I feel about it. If I had it to do over again, I don't think I would have bought this car. I feel like I'm driving a stick, it is hard to get used to driving it, thus it's very jerky. Hits bumps very hard and shaky. I do love the smallness of the car, yet roomy inside. My inside door panels immediately scratched up terribly from just my coat buttons!! I do love the buttons that show MPG and miles til empty, but am disappointed at getting just about 25.5 mpg. Dealer said it should get over 30-38, but would be higher after breaking in. When is that?? No auto locks or headlights! :(

I like the Intelligent Key. Not used a key, yet. Have to dig for house key when I get home, though! LOL I love the Sonoma Red shiny color. Button that show MPG and miles til empty. Rear end design. Dashboard. Quiet engine. Twice I've tried to start it when it was already running! Yikes.

Better MPG, better quality interior door panels and seat coverings. Oddly shaped side mirrors. Suspension to avoid hard-hitting bumps. AUto headlights and auto door locks! Omg, how could I not think of this? I miss them both so much from my Grand Am!

German drivability; Japanese reliability
By Gordon

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car recently and I am very satisfied. Test drove a Honda Fit and a Civic, and after I test drove a Versa - it beat them both, however I wasn't satisfied with the amount of room so I stepped up to the Sentra. It drove the same as the Versa and was as comfortable as the Civic... all with a better price tag. Great bachelor car if you're looking for a roomy sedan that handles like a BMW. Its performance speaks for itself.

Keyless operation for anything. Bluetooth. Aux input for iPod.

More powerful audio system - then again, I'm used to having 10" speakers in the back.

SE-R
By Dale

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you have not driven an SE-R before you bought a normal Sentra, you have missed out on a great small sedan. With the larger 2.5 engine out of the Altima and the 6 speed paddle shifters it is great fun to drive and yet we have averaged 27.4 mpg to date in suburban type driving. It has good low end torque and will cruise effortlessly at 80+. Be sure to get the upgraded stereo system. Try it and you just might be hooked like I was.

My baby red is a lot of fun to drive.
By Diana Roman

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My kids and I love "Baby Red". It doesn't feel like you are driving a small car because have good movements and is very roomy inside. I feel like a "cool mama" driving this car. The only negative thing is not too stable while applying the brakes. The poor thing is taking a beating traveling around 70 miles a day and is holding up like a champ.

Inside room and exterior style.

Wider tires. Better brake system.

Best value period
By ThomasM

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Simply great car. It is considered compact, but inside is bigger that Hondas and Toyotas. Very quiet ride, CVT works great, especially going up hills. Suspension maybe a bit stiff, reminds me German cars tuned for speed, sits very well on a road. Engine is strong and if you step on it it goes. The whole car feels very well constructed and tuned. The basic stereo offers 4 6/9 speakers, plenty of power, imaging is very good. Fuel consumption is good, not as good as Toyota Yaris or Corolla, but engine is bigger and stronger.This car in my opinion, is currently, the best value on the market period. Does what it was designed to do: offers comfortable reliable ride.

CVT, quiet ride