2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
If you're thinking of buying one, do it
By Danny on 04/23/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I went to the dealership not expecting to like the Sentra. Coming from a Buick Century, I thought, "oh, a small, Japanese 4-cyl, well, at least it has a warranty." Then I took it for a test drive. The engine / transmission combination on even the 2.0 S model blows my old car away, and blows away my friends' Civics, Yarises, and even older V6-equipped cars. The interior leaves very little to be desired. Fuel economy is ridiculous compared to what I'm used to (avg. 30, city and highway), and I bought it without even trying the amazing stock stereo system. This drives like a much more expensive car, and swaddles you with geek-chic tech to make sure you don't forget it.

Perfect Car for now !
By Ed Eberl on 04/22/08 04:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After testing several cars including the Corolla, Focus and Mazda 3, the Sentra was the best choice. The interior room is as big or bigger than my 2003 Dodge Stratus. This is the perfect choice in a bad economy with insane gas prices. I beleive the Sentra will be the next smart size family sedan replacing midsize cars, which are quickly become todays gas guzzlers.

Sentra a big small car
By Ron on 04/18/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Interior room up front is very comfortable and has lots of room. Instruments are nicely laid out and easy to reach. Easy to drive and the CVT is very smooth. Plenty of trunk space. Nicely laid out automobile.

Surprised
By Steph on 04/17/08 02:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I don't really care for small cars. I once had a 1994 Sentra and it was too small. I had my heart set on a 2008 Max, but with the gas as high as it is, I'm glad I got the Sentra. I am very impressed with this car, the speed, the interior, the exterior. The style is awesome, looks like a mini Max, if the Sentra still had the body style that they had before 2007, I would not have purchased it. The 2008 Sentra has much more room, and the accessories are the best. There are only 2 things I don't like about this car and that is the tight steering and as with any small car, the wind blows it around. I would recommend this car to anyone, plus I'm a Nissan woman.

Great, Love It
By Cricket on 04/13/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I loved this car since the day I test drove it. It is awesome for the price. When making such a large investment, thorough inspection is necessary. I love this car's performance, build quality and interior, the gas mileage is great and have not had any problems thus far. This car is not a Lexus, and it does not have the big price tag, but it is still awesome in my opinion! Great value for the money.

Great car and good price!
By Ray on 04/13/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Originally I was interested in the Versa until I realized I could have the Sentra for a little more. I found the Sentra very roomy and lots of nice little extras such as a trip computer that will display, time, outside temp, and average fuel economy amongst other things. The Sentra is peppy with very good mpg and handles well. The styling is modern and the ride very quiet compared to our Sonata.

2008 Nissan Sentra
By Lee on 04/12/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car screams cheap build quality. Gas mileage is poor 25-28 mpg mostly highway. Uncomfortable driving position found this out over time (needs a telescoping wheel). Gray plastic interior shows every scratch from my fingernails. Looking to dump this car already. Looks great but looks are deceiving. The ride over small bumps knock you around like a wooden roller coaster.

Cute Car, But I Hate It
By Lin N.H. on 04/10/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got a really good deal on my Sentra, that's the good news. The rest is mostly negative. The driving position is very uncomfortable for me. I am an average size woman 5'6" and I find the seats too small. If it was a purchase from any place other than a car dealership, I would have returned it for refund in the first week. But I'm stuck with it for years. It has been in the shop 5 times. The clutch makes a noise when depressed and again when released. The side windows rattle in their seals. After 2,500 miles, the Service Engine Soon light came on and the cruise control stopped working. I definitely should have spent more time test-driving this car and exploring other options!

Love the Sentra
By Schabotnik on 04/09/08 05:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For those in the market for a small car, I can't imagine how you can do better than the Sentra. I went from a gas guzzling, junk heap Wrangler, and haven't regretted a second. Its fun to drive, handles great, quiet, smooth, great MPG. Honestly, I don't know what some of these reviewers are thinking. This thing is awesome in all regards.

New improved Sentra
By Jessie Ramsey on 04/07/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 3rd sentra, and by far, the best. We had 2 of the 2001 SE models, 1 with 5 speed, and 1 with automatic. I was leery of the CVT, but it feels great now. I think it will last a long time, especially the way that my wife drives it. She'll baby it. Already the mileage is better than the old cars got at their best. The engine is more fuel efficient, while being bigger by 500 cc. We expect high 30 mpg once broken it. The SE-R has anti-lock 4 wheel disc brakes and stiffer suspension than the car with 2.0 engine. It handles so much better. The car is quiet and road noise is filtered out so well. The stereo system is better as is the AC. So much colder. We love it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.