2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Happy Camper
By Happy Camper on 05/24/08 00:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded my full size 08 Titan 4x4 in on this car because I refused to pay $100 for a tank of gas. Very, very painful decision. But in the end, it was the right decision. I looked at all the economy cars and happily decided on the Sentra. I haven't had any problems with my Nissans. This car has nice room for its size (I'm 6-4 and 36" inseam), pretty good quality manufacture, good power, 31-33 mpg, and handling is good except I get blown around pretty good in high winds and behind semi-trucks. I got a great deal on this car.

Loving the Sentra- All over again!
By Jenn on 05/21/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We really wanted to get the Yaris (sedan) but they were on back order. After test driving the 08'Yaris (hatchback)& 09'Corolla. We weren't impressed at all. So, we headed to Nissan. We test drove the Versa (sedan) and I have to say that even that car drove better than the Toyota's. Then we drove the Sentra. WOW! It is quite and we were very impressed, that we purchased it on the spot. And we had no intentions of buying a car that day. Its a fun and awesome car. Infact, the back seat is roomier than my hubby's 03'Galant. It fits 2 adults & 2 kids comfortably. This is just a 3rd car for us, but I have a hard time giving it up so my hubby can have his turn. The CVT is awesome too!

Slightly Impressed
By Ally on 05/21/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Went around looking at every car in the mid size range that you can think of, I tried so hard to avoid the Sentra. Look at everything Corolla, Jetta, Hyundai Accent etc but they just seemed dull. Then my parents talked me into it taking a look at Nissan. I couldn't believe i had avoided it for so long. I had to opt for the S because let's just face it, the base was bland. So far getting great mileage, if you are considering the Sentra go for the S and add the convenience plus package for a few dollars more. You wont regret it

So Happy and So So Sad
By amber on 05/11/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car, it is very comfortable, and most of all safe. Just yesterday a woman ran a stop sign and t-boned me. The car took a beating and rolled three times from the force of the impact the car landed on it's passenger side and I was held suspended in the driver side by my safety belt. If it were not for the safety features on this car I would not be here today.

Sentra lover
By C.Kushner on 05/06/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I went shopping for an economical car for a reasonable price, and found it and more. With all the equipment and luxury car features the car has, it can't be beat. The ride is smooth and quiet and roomy. The CVT makes it very responsive.

Great College Car for My Son
By mike on 05/05/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

For the price this car can not be beat. Especially considering the favorable financing. THe first car my son looked at and after looking at several other we came back to buy. Safety features were a big selling point to his mother.

Great Car For A Great Price
By KID TOKYO BRAND on 05/01/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Right off the bat I noticed that The motor is very quiet and has great acceleration. The power you get with 33 MPG you can't really go wrong. The steering and handling has great response. All the controllers, knobs, switches, and whistles are very easy to use, they are easy to get to, and are easy to remember where they are located. Everything is great about this vehicle, even down to how solid the doors close.

Already in for service
By Dissapointed on 05/01/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

On it's way in for service after a month. Bolts(3 so far) keep falling off from somewhere and sticking to the speaker magnets. The back tailight assembly is coming loose. And there is a banging coming from the front end. The gas gauge keeps jumping all over never know exactly how much gas is in the car. Gas mileage is way below my daughters 09 corolla. Contrary to what others say this is not a japaneese car read the windows. Looking to dump this garbage heap.

Great Deal
By Cory on 04/28/08 21:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Driving Impressions: CVT is something we'll have to get used to, steering/suspension are a little tight, very good gas mileage, accel. is very good considering it's a 4-cyclinder. Interior is decent, trunk space kinds folled me, didn't realize there was a hidden compartment at first. Vehicle was purchased for my wife, she likes it, even though she preferred the Scion.

Very Happy With My Selection
By Unwind2 on 04/27/08 21:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the Sentra after looking at Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Toyota Carrola and Chevrolet Malibu. I'm in my 50's so have owned several different makes, had a Nisson years ago that I kicked myself in the but for trading off. I've been very happy with this Sentra. Some many things I like. Quiet ride, inteligent key...is real nice got spoiled to that in a hurry. I got the xm with fosgate stereo....awsome stereo.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan in NJ is:

$253 per month*