Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Nice little/big car
By SteveNJ

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I purchased this car about 10 months ago now. We had intended on buying the Civic, but when we test drove the Sentra, it was a huge difference. The Sentra has a large interior for a "compact" sedan. The trunk is a nice size. The leather seats are quite comfortable. It has a very smooth ride and I like the CVT very much. The SL has all the features of a much more expensive car. I would recommend test driving the Sentra before deciding on a Civic or Corolla. We are very happy with our decision.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, bluetooth, XM radio, large trunk, smooth ride, nice audio system, sunroof, passenger room, smartkey system.

Suggested Improvements

The center arm rest should be higher and moved up more towards the dashboard. Heated seats should be standard on the SL. Breakaway mirrors would be nice. Daytime running lights should be standard.

ugh
By steven

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

CD player has static noise in it, 3 cd players later still the same. Outside noise can be heard in back like window is rolled down, very noisy. Also 22 mpg on hwy I use Chevron gas too, advertised 26-33 not even close.

Favorite Features

Color

Suggested Improvements

Read above

Wow what a car!
By Matthew

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car!!! I almost chose the SPEC-V, but my girlfriend does not know how to drive standard, so that's that. Anyway, the brakes stop on a dime, the suspension is amazing, the CVT pulls hard. The fuel economy is not as good as I thought, but I do push the car somewhat. The stereo is great, but wished it played MP3s; I am 6'3 and pretty big, and it fits me like a cadillac would. I bought an extended warranty only because CVT is a new technology, and did not want to get stuck with a $4000 bill if the tranny fails. The a/c is strong; I have nothing but good to write about this car, it is truly the best of all worlds. Comfortable, fast, reliable, solid, and everything is just excellent.

Favorite Features

A/C strong! Fast!

I'm still not sure...
By Sonoma Red Nissan

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have put about 1250 miles on my new Sentra 2.0 S, and I'm still really not sure how I feel about it. If I had it to do over again, I don't think I would have bought this car. I feel like I'm driving a stick, it is hard to get used to driving it, thus it's very jerky. Hits bumps very hard and shaky. I do love the smallness of the car, yet roomy inside. My inside door panels immediately scratched up terribly from just my coat buttons!! I do love the buttons that show MPG and miles til empty, but am disappointed at getting just about 25.5 mpg. Dealer said it should get over 30-38, but would be higher after breaking in. When is that?? No auto locks or headlights! :(

Favorite Features

I like the Intelligent Key. Not used a key, yet. Have to dig for house key when I get home, though! LOL I love the Sonoma Red shiny color. Button that show MPG and miles til empty. Rear end design. Dashboard. Quiet engine. Twice I've tried to start it when it was already running! Yikes.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG, better quality interior door panels and seat coverings. Oddly shaped side mirrors. Suspension to avoid hard-hitting bumps. AUto headlights and auto door locks! Omg, how could I not think of this? I miss them both so much from my Grand Am!

German drivability; Japanese reliability
By Gordon

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car recently and I am very satisfied. Test drove a Honda Fit and a Civic, and after I test drove a Versa - it beat them both, however I wasn't satisfied with the amount of room so I stepped up to the Sentra. It drove the same as the Versa and was as comfortable as the Civic... all with a better price tag. Great bachelor car if you're looking for a roomy sedan that handles like a BMW. Its performance speaks for itself.

Favorite Features

Keyless operation for anything. Bluetooth. Aux input for iPod.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful audio system - then again, I'm used to having 10" speakers in the back.