2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
'S OK
By tarheel on 05/29/08 13:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I got the SL fully loaded and for the most part the car is great. The build quality seems to be pretty decent, although the sunglasses holder is definitely flimsy. I like the sound system, sunroof, Intelligent key, and trip computer. On the highway, I do get about 32-33 MPG, but in the city, I get terrible mileage. I do drive probably 3 miles at a time sometimes, so that was to be expected. My only complaint was that the brake light has come on twice thus far (I'm only about 5500 miles in), both times for reasons beyond anyone's comprehension. Nissan's warranty covered everything, but it was troubling nevertheless.

Pleased with Sentra
By Marshrat on 05/27/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased a 2008 Nissan Sentra, and am very pleased with both the comfort and the performance. The 6-speed manual transmission is very easy to shift, and the ride is very smooth with the 16" wheels. I would recommend this car to a friend.

Happy Camper
By Happy Camper on 05/24/08 00:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded my full size 08 Titan 4x4 in on this car because I refused to pay $100 for a tank of gas. Very, very painful decision. But in the end, it was the right decision. I looked at all the economy cars and happily decided on the Sentra. I haven't had any problems with my Nissans. This car has nice room for its size (I'm 6-4 and 36" inseam), pretty good quality manufacture, good power, 31-33 mpg, and handling is good except I get blown around pretty good in high winds and behind semi-trucks. I got a great deal on this car.

Loving the Sentra- All over again!
By Jenn on 05/21/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We really wanted to get the Yaris (sedan) but they were on back order. After test driving the 08'Yaris (hatchback)& 09'Corolla. We weren't impressed at all. So, we headed to Nissan. We test drove the Versa (sedan) and I have to say that even that car drove better than the Toyota's. Then we drove the Sentra. WOW! It is quite and we were very impressed, that we purchased it on the spot. And we had no intentions of buying a car that day. Its a fun and awesome car. Infact, the back seat is roomier than my hubby's 03'Galant. It fits 2 adults & 2 kids comfortably. This is just a 3rd car for us, but I have a hard time giving it up so my hubby can have his turn. The CVT is awesome too!

Slightly Impressed
By Ally on 05/21/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Went around looking at every car in the mid size range that you can think of, I tried so hard to avoid the Sentra. Look at everything Corolla, Jetta, Hyundai Accent etc but they just seemed dull. Then my parents talked me into it taking a look at Nissan. I couldn't believe i had avoided it for so long. I had to opt for the S because let's just face it, the base was bland. So far getting great mileage, if you are considering the Sentra go for the S and add the convenience plus package for a few dollars more. You wont regret it

So Happy and So So Sad
By amber on 05/11/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car, it is very comfortable, and most of all safe. Just yesterday a woman ran a stop sign and t-boned me. The car took a beating and rolled three times from the force of the impact the car landed on it's passenger side and I was held suspended in the driver side by my safety belt. If it were not for the safety features on this car I would not be here today.

Sentra lover
By C.Kushner on 05/06/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I went shopping for an economical car for a reasonable price, and found it and more. With all the equipment and luxury car features the car has, it can't be beat. The ride is smooth and quiet and roomy. The CVT makes it very responsive.

Great College Car for My Son
By mike on 05/05/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

For the price this car can not be beat. Especially considering the favorable financing. THe first car my son looked at and after looking at several other we came back to buy. Safety features were a big selling point to his mother.

Great Car For A Great Price
By KID TOKYO BRAND on 05/01/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Right off the bat I noticed that The motor is very quiet and has great acceleration. The power you get with 33 MPG you can't really go wrong. The steering and handling has great response. All the controllers, knobs, switches, and whistles are very easy to use, they are easy to get to, and are easy to remember where they are located. Everything is great about this vehicle, even down to how solid the doors close.

Already in for service
By Dissapointed on 05/01/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

On it's way in for service after a month. Bolts(3 so far) keep falling off from somewhere and sticking to the speaker magnets. The back tailight assembly is coming loose. And there is a banging coming from the front end. The gas gauge keeps jumping all over never know exactly how much gas is in the car. Gas mileage is way below my daughters 09 corolla. Contrary to what others say this is not a japaneese car read the windows. Looking to dump this garbage heap.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.