Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

This Car is Dangerous!
By Thomas Kiminski

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Winter arrived 8000 miles on the car, that's when the true problem came to life, the car was a accident waiting to happen, the car was impossible to control on the road, any ice or snow on the roads and you had to fight for your life to keep the car under control . We took the car back to the dealer and he said that the back tires were half worn out and he knew what the problem was, he changed the rear sub frames and torsion bar and said that he already changed these items on numerous Nissan Sentras and they were a factory defect, but Nissan will not cover the cost of new tires even though its their fault that they are worn out, Until these items are fixed THIS CAR IS VERY DANGEROUS

Great gas mileage

This car needs to be recalled before some family gets killed driving this car in the winter. And Nissan needs to cover the tire replacements because they wear out fast because of factory defects.

Nice little/big car
By SteveNJ

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I purchased this car about 10 months ago now. We had intended on buying the Civic, but when we test drove the Sentra, it was a huge difference. The Sentra has a large interior for a "compact" sedan. The trunk is a nice size. The leather seats are quite comfortable. It has a very smooth ride and I like the CVT very much. The SL has all the features of a much more expensive car. I would recommend test driving the Sentra before deciding on a Civic or Corolla. We are very happy with our decision.

Leather interior, bluetooth, XM radio, large trunk, smooth ride, nice audio system, sunroof, passenger room, smartkey system.

The center arm rest should be higher and moved up more towards the dashboard. Heated seats should be standard on the SL. Breakaway mirrors would be nice. Daytime running lights should be standard.

ugh
By steven

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

CD player has static noise in it, 3 cd players later still the same. Outside noise can be heard in back like window is rolled down, very noisy. Also 22 mpg on hwy I use Chevron gas too, advertised 26-33 not even close.

Color

Read above

Wow what a car!
By Matthew

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car!!! I almost chose the SPEC-V, but my girlfriend does not know how to drive standard, so that's that. Anyway, the brakes stop on a dime, the suspension is amazing, the CVT pulls hard. The fuel economy is not as good as I thought, but I do push the car somewhat. The stereo is great, but wished it played MP3s; I am 6'3 and pretty big, and it fits me like a cadillac would. I bought an extended warranty only because CVT is a new technology, and did not want to get stuck with a $4000 bill if the tranny fails. The a/c is strong; I have nothing but good to write about this car, it is truly the best of all worlds. Comfortable, fast, reliable, solid, and everything is just excellent.

A/C strong! Fast!

I'm still not sure...
By Sonoma Red Nissan

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have put about 1250 miles on my new Sentra 2.0 S, and I'm still really not sure how I feel about it. If I had it to do over again, I don't think I would have bought this car. I feel like I'm driving a stick, it is hard to get used to driving it, thus it's very jerky. Hits bumps very hard and shaky. I do love the smallness of the car, yet roomy inside. My inside door panels immediately scratched up terribly from just my coat buttons!! I do love the buttons that show MPG and miles til empty, but am disappointed at getting just about 25.5 mpg. Dealer said it should get over 30-38, but would be higher after breaking in. When is that?? No auto locks or headlights! :(

I like the Intelligent Key. Not used a key, yet. Have to dig for house key when I get home, though! LOL I love the Sonoma Red shiny color. Button that show MPG and miles til empty. Rear end design. Dashboard. Quiet engine. Twice I've tried to start it when it was already running! Yikes.

Better MPG, better quality interior door panels and seat coverings. Oddly shaped side mirrors. Suspension to avoid hard-hitting bumps. AUto headlights and auto door locks! Omg, how could I not think of this? I miss them both so much from my Grand Am!