2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - 'S OK

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

'S OK
By tarheel on

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I got the SL fully loaded and for the most part the car is great. The build quality seems to be pretty decent, although the sunglasses holder is definitely flimsy. I like the sound system, sunroof, Intelligent key, and trip computer. On the highway, I do get about 32-33 MPG, but in the city, I get terrible mileage. I do drive probably 3 miles at a time sometimes, so that was to be expected. My only complaint was that the brake light has come on twice thus far (I'm only about 5500 miles in), both times for reasons beyond anyone's comprehension. Nissan's warranty covered everything, but it was troubling nevertheless.

Favorite Features

CVT, Bluetooth, Rockford sound system, hideaway trunk system, CD storage in the dash, Intelligent Key, the good highway mileage, trip computer

Suggested Improvements

I don't expect to get super-fancy features like auto headlights and the such, but the sunglasses holder is extremely flimsy and you absolutely will pull it out of its socket at least once. Also concerned about my brake lights coming on again as well.