Used 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

A fun little 4 cylinder...2 year lease
By MD

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned this car for almost a couple years and have had zero problems with it. Regular maintenance at the dealer but no surprises of any kind (the bad kind). It has decent pep for a 4 cylinder, can keep up with most cars on the road. Not a huge fan of the CVT, but can switch to the paddle shifters. Lots of head room and very comfy seats in the SER. Needs to have VSC, tilt steering wheel and sound control on steering wheel. A little bumpy on harsh roads, but very smooth and firm on normal roads. 26.5 MPG on mostly city driving. Overall, I've enjoyed the car, but I'm getting close to 40 and need the V8 roar, so I'll be turning this pup into the dealer at the end of the leas

Seats, MPG, paddle shifters

Needs to have VSC, tilt steering wheel and sound control on steering wheel. CVT for 4 cylinders is questionable...ok for more powerful V6's

bad tires
By bobbie

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

mileage is great if you can afford tires every 30,000 miles because of the tire alignment going bad all the time.

mileage

better tire alignment,or free tire alignment every 10,000 miles

Truly Amazing!
By Speedbrds

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had this vehicle for nearly 1 year and I'm just amazed how fun it is. When I'm in the feeling for some sporty driving, I push the "M" button on the center mount. I pretend the "M" button is from the BMW M3. This is my M3. When I drive to Vegas, I can easily achieve 120MPH and keep it there with little to no trouble. When driving in town, I try to challenge myself. When I accelerate, I try and keep the RPM below 2000RPM. Once I hit about 10 or 15MPH, the RPM drops and I push a little more on the accelerator and move quicker all the while keeping the RPM under 2000 and the gas mileage up. Opted for the keyless and sound pack. The stereo is unbelievable.

Six speed manual mode, keyless system, 8 speaker Rockford Fosgate radio, 17" rims, style of vehicle, Nissan reputation.

When driving in wet weather, it seems to wiggle slightly, needs automatic door locks, steering wheel audio controls, bluetooth.

Wow what a car!
By Matthew

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car!!! I almost chose the SPEC-V, but my girlfriend does not know how to drive standard, so that's that. Anyway, the brakes stop on a dime, the suspension is amazing, the CVT pulls hard. The fuel economy is not as good as I thought, but I do push the car somewhat. The stereo is great, but wished it played MP3s; I am 6'3 and pretty big, and it fits me like a cadillac would. I bought an extended warranty only because CVT is a new technology, and did not want to get stuck with a $4000 bill if the tranny fails. The a/c is strong; I have nothing but good to write about this car, it is truly the best of all worlds. Comfortable, fast, reliable, solid, and everything is just excellent.

A/C strong! Fast!

SE-R
By Dale

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you have not driven an SE-R before you bought a normal Sentra, you have missed out on a great small sedan. With the larger 2.5 engine out of the Altima and the 6 speed paddle shifters it is great fun to drive and yet we have averaged 27.4 mpg to date in suburban type driving. It has good low end torque and will cruise effortlessly at 80+. Be sure to get the upgraded stereo system. Try it and you just might be hooked like I was.