2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Grinding Parts
By CF on 06/16/10 10:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My 2008 Sentra has 25,000 miles and just took it in to the dealership because seems to downshift with difficulty, and also because of grinding/scratching sound coming from transmission (or engine)? Nissan Dealer agrees that he hears the grinding sound, but says this is NORMAL. What? Normal to hear parts scraping or grinding? Are you kidding me? Great, now what do I do?

Disappointed and filled with regret
By Jonathan on 02/23/10 09:11 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I get upset every time I hear about the toyota accelerator recall. I honestly feel that the way this car performs in the snow, slush, sleet, ice and even rain is more dangerous than any accelerator problem. I'm from the midwest, and I grew up driving in the snow. I've never had a car perform so poorly and feel so dangerous as this one. Even on roads with a dusting of snow, you can feel the sentra fishtailing and moving all over the road. There are many ways around an accelerator problem, but there is no way to keep this car under control except for slowing down to a crawl. Nissan has a real issue here. If I had the decision to make again, no way I would have bought the sentra.

I love my car!!
By Chris713 on 01/13/09 08:55 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love the 'Saddle' leather, love the Rockford Fosgate system with integrated Bluetooth, love the performance. CVT requires 'learning' to get optimal fuel mileage. I get 28-30 city & 34 hwy. Original Bridgestones were only good for 20K miles but I expected that. All around, I love my car and I actually traded down from a Maxima. only 1 minor drag is that there's only 1 power outlet. WHY? It's a great car for the money. I've had ZERO problems and I've got close to 30K on the odometer. Couldn't say the same for my Max.

Nice little/big car
By SteveNJ on 12/17/08 19:42 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I purchased this car about 10 months ago now. We had intended on buying the Civic, but when we test drove the Sentra, it was a huge difference. The Sentra has a large interior for a "compact" sedan. The trunk is a nice size. The leather seats are quite comfortable. It has a very smooth ride and I like the CVT very much. The SL has all the features of a much more expensive car. I would recommend test driving the Sentra before deciding on a Civic or Corolla. We are very happy with our decision.

German drivability; Japanese reliability
By Gordon on 12/10/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car recently and I am very satisfied. Test drove a Honda Fit and a Civic, and after I test drove a Versa - it beat them both, however I wasn't satisfied with the amount of room so I stepped up to the Sentra. It drove the same as the Versa and was as comfortable as the Civic... all with a better price tag. Great bachelor car if you're looking for a roomy sedan that handles like a BMW. Its performance speaks for itself.

Highly recommend
By defabz on 09/25/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have 5,250 miles on my Sentra, and I absolutely love it. I had a 2006 Sentra, but there is no comparison. It is perfect for a small family, even when traveling. The back seat is quite comfortable. I was not getting a new car until one with leather and a sunroof was in my budget. Well, I got that plus blue tooth, upgraded stereo, keyless, and more. Gas mileage has been excellent - 30 when mostly in town, 35-38 on hwy. Gas mileage drops quickly if you drive aggressively, so I have had to really adjust to get the better efficiency. Final deciding factor - Nissan negotiates! I got it for $2,000 below dealer cost and in the color I wanted (transferred in).

Poor - Body Problems
By Heather Friedline on 09/19/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My first experience with Nissan has been horrible. My car is 6 months old and is rusting on both sides, back panel, below the doors. Nissan will not cover the defect even though there are many of the same make and model with the same problem. It drives well and I enjoy the vehicle but the interior plastic is also a problem with scratches from just normal use.

Great car with some cons
By holly on 09/04/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

With over 10,000 miles on the car I'm overall pleased with it. Before it hit 1,000 miles the check engine light went on (the bad one where you can only drive 45 mph) and I had to drive home 300 miles going 45 mph. Not too happy about that, but the problem was fixed- gas tank issue. Killed the new car feel. I have NEVER gotten over 31 MPG. I've driven it on 400 mile FLAT high ways driving 55. Tires, pressure, gas, windows up or down it does not seem to budge. The inside scratches VERY easily inside. No matter how much I clean it, it's pretty much dirtied inside from just a shoe touching the interior. The exterior it sturdy, but a shopping cart going super slow caused a small little dent.

You can't beat this Sentra
By B Puck on 08/07/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had good experience with previous Nissans, so felt comfortable with the Sentra. Was looking for economy, as my Titan is a great truck, but lousy commuter vehicle. The Sentra is my first 4 cylinder car in 20 years, and is surprisingly fun to own and drive. Gas mileage beats the EPA numbers - all city driving gives me about 27 mpg, and a recent trip across the PA turnpike produced 36 mpg. Let's face it, this is basically an entry level car, but loaded with many features. Just about all of my passengers are impressed with the performance of the engine, and the smoothness of the transmission. This car has everything - good styling, great economy, and expected Nissan quality. No probs so far

Sentra SL
By t on 08/05/08 00:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Its performance overall is pretty good, the mpg is not quite what is advertised I am only getting 21 mpg. Con about the car is that there aren't enough vents for the air but overall it is very dependable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.