2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
CVT TRANSMISSION
By pswanee on 10/05/12 21:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the third transmission installed on my 2008 Nissan Sentra. After 67,672 miles the first one broke down where the car had to be towed 95 miles to the Nissan Dealer. The second one broke down at 68,845, only 2 weeks after getting it back, 173 miles. Nissan extended their warranty on this CVT transmission, because of the problems, from 5 years 60,000 miles to 10 years 120,000 miles. Since the transmission broke down at 7,672 miles from the initial warranty, the BBB advised the Lemon law cannot be applied since it is after the initial warranty 5 years 60,000 miles even though it was extended. Nissan being aware of this will not buy back the vehicle but just keeps replacing the transmissi

Poor servide
By phobbs1 on 09/24/12 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Do not buy a Nissan if you ever expect to need parts. Tree limb fell on car damaging roof. Have been waiting for roof and attenna for over seven weeks. At four weeks wrote Nissan customer service but no response. Also talked to dealer where I purchaes Orland Park Nissan Illinois and was told nothing they could do. Its now 8 weeks and still back order.

2008 Sentra 2.0 Pro's N' Con's
By ronjr69 on 02/24/12 00:42 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Pro's, Nice color (Onyx Blue) good paint finish, decent stereo, decent mpg (31-34 mpg @ 70 mph), quiet ride, roomy, good AC, adjustable cupholder, reliable (so far) Con's, No ABS standard, no cruise control, hard seat's, aux. in should be in center console, drivers seat should be centered behind steering wheel, steering wheel should be a softer material, can't read LCD displays with polarized sunglasses on, oversteer, can't fit my foot between brake pedal and center console to reach gas pedal (have to push tippy-to and is uncomfortable on long drives), lot's of body sway when windy or near trucks at speed, bland performance, handling, car is seriously under engineered, can't believe no ABS

Brakes or noise
By Alene Hill on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've taken this car back to Nissan 5 times because when I apply brakes there's a grinding noise even after the rotors have been checked and new brake pads have been installed after I got a second opinion this noise still occurs I'm afraid that if this continues to happen a worst problem will occur I've driven enough cars to know that is not normal, but I'm being told by the sales people and the service manager that this is no problem. I'm a senior citizen and I feel that I've been sold a lemon and that I will have to deal with it for 72 months the length of my contract. Per auto check this car has been in an accident. I need to know the Truth about.

Good car
By tezza on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My Nissan gets 32 mpg, with 80 percent highway traveling 70 mph. Pretty good gas mileage. The outside of the car is Rather mundane. The trunk has plenty of room for a car of this size. Interior wise, the seat is uncomfortable due to poor lumbar support. I use a lumbar cushion to offset (I think this problem has been corrected in the 2010 model). The steering wheel tilts but does not telescope which is a problem for drivers with longer legs. The stereo is good but not great. Strangely, the air conditioning is very good. The transmission is fantastic. The car lopes along at very low rpm and at first you have to get used to the fact that it doesn't shift. Engine is good.

I'm Happy With It
By jonsiros on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I chose the Sentra over the Corolla because I felt it had more personality. Unfortunately, it doen't pack the same kind of build quality the Corolla has. The CVT, I feel, kind of robs the car of performance. It's a bit slow from a dead stop, but once your off its smooth and quick. The steering shakes a bit when slowing down from high speeds. Interior is well laid out, but the materials are cheap and wears out quickly. The trunk is huge. Gas mileage is excellent. I'd still recommend this car for someone who wants an economical car.

Very economical box
By Tez on 04/05/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Exterior is rather bland. Interior is a cross between german and perhaps a little eurotrash mixed in. Handling is just okay. Power steering tightens up the steering a little too much at high speeds. Seats are uncomfortable for fat tall people like myself. CVT is VERY interesting. Machine cruises at 1800 rpm. Radio is so so. Climate control is so so to good. All told, drives like a rental but the CVT is cool and the whole thing is a every inexpensive ride.

So Far So Good
By PHauth on 01/23/10 21:55 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2008 Nissan Sentra after owning a pickup for years. I live in Northern Montana and thus far I have been happy with the handling on snow and ice. Unfortunately, Nissan does not offer a block heater for the 2008 model. Instead they offer an oil pan heater, which does OK. I recently started the car in -30 weather and had no problems. The interior is comfortable and roomy for a sedan. I stand 6'4 and have no problems with head or leg room. My biggest problem thus far has been with the fuel efficiency. To date I have only averaged around 23MPG when I was promised upwards of 30MPG. Overall, a good vehicle for the money.

31000 miles and plenty to Go!
By Veenherbluesentra on 08/18/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Ok, so I've had my sentra for almost a year now. This car does well as far as gas mileage since I drive 50+ miles one way commuting back and forth to work. All and all it's a great car with great gas mileage, only thing is the steering wheel is rather hard to steer, and limits your movement as far as hand placement. For a tall and thin sedan this car seems very grounded and handles curves alright.

16000 and still a great car
By Tommy G on 08/03/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

i recently purchased this car used with nissans certified pre-owned program. That being said I cannot find anything inherently wrong with the car design without nitpicking. Yes the CVT transmission takes some getting used to and the stability when driving "spirited" leaves me wanting more. It is to say that this is a commuter vehicle and as such performs its daily tasks appropriatly to its design. No it is not a speed racer and its not ment to be. Seeing that the speed limit in my state is still 70 mph the sentra seems to work well at this speed for long distances. as for anyone complaining about the whirring noise from the transmission at speed needs to just turn some music on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.