2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
A fun little 4 cylinder...2 year lease
By MD on 02/25/10 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned this car for almost a couple years and have had zero problems with it. Regular maintenance at the dealer but no surprises of any kind (the bad kind). It has decent pep for a 4 cylinder, can keep up with most cars on the road. Not a huge fan of the CVT, but can switch to the paddle shifters. Lots of head room and very comfy seats in the SER. Needs to have VSC, tilt steering wheel and sound control on steering wheel. A little bumpy on harsh roads, but very smooth and firm on normal roads. 26.5 MPG on mostly city driving. Overall, I've enjoyed the car, but I'm getting close to 40 and need the V8 roar, so I'll be turning this pup into the dealer at the end of the leas

bad tires
By bobbie on 05/11/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

mileage is great if you can afford tires every 30,000 miles because of the tire alignment going bad all the time.

Truly Amazing!
By Speedbrds on 01/04/09 14:42 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had this vehicle for nearly 1 year and I'm just amazed how fun it is. When I'm in the feeling for some sporty driving, I push the "M" button on the center mount. I pretend the "M" button is from the BMW M3. This is my M3. When I drive to Vegas, I can easily achieve 120MPH and keep it there with little to no trouble. When driving in town, I try to challenge myself. When I accelerate, I try and keep the RPM below 2000RPM. Once I hit about 10 or 15MPH, the RPM drops and I push a little more on the accelerator and move quicker all the while keeping the RPM under 2000 and the gas mileage up. Opted for the keyless and sound pack. The stereo is unbelievable.

Wow what a car!
By Matthew on 12/13/08 17:58 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car!!! I almost chose the SPEC-V, but my girlfriend does not know how to drive standard, so that's that. Anyway, the brakes stop on a dime, the suspension is amazing, the CVT pulls hard. The fuel economy is not as good as I thought, but I do push the car somewhat. The stereo is great, but wished it played MP3s; I am 6'3 and pretty big, and it fits me like a cadillac would. I bought an extended warranty only because CVT is a new technology, and did not want to get stuck with a $4000 bill if the tranny fails. The a/c is strong; I have nothing but good to write about this car, it is truly the best of all worlds. Comfortable, fast, reliable, solid, and everything is just excellent.

SE-R
By Dale on 11/28/08 08:49 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you have not driven an SE-R before you bought a normal Sentra, you have missed out on a great small sedan. With the larger 2.5 engine out of the Altima and the 6 speed paddle shifters it is great fun to drive and yet we have averaged 27.4 mpg to date in suburban type driving. It has good low end torque and will cruise effortlessly at 80+. Be sure to get the upgraded stereo system. Try it and you just might be hooked like I was.

Happy SE-R owner
By Darren on 09/29/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I picked up the SE-R in May of 2008 to replace my 2000 Grand AM GT. This car is well worth it. Excellent mileage. It looks great, not too over the top. Acceleration is brisk, but not rocket fast. It handles well with a sporty feel, corners better than my Grand Am GT ever did. The interior is roomy and can fit 3 booster seats for kids across the back row (tight fit, but it works). Front seats are great. Trunk is large and easy to access. Upgraded Rockford Fosgate Stereo is powerful and clear. 6 Disc changer is a nice feature, but most will use their MP3 players in the aux jack more than the changer. Gripes are few, no cup holders in the rear and back bench does not split or fold.

Very Happy With My SE-R
By SE-R Lover on 07/20/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the SE-R in June and have been driving it over a month. I went from a BMW 525i to this car. It is very fun to drive and very responsive. So far the gas mileage is 21 mpg, but I certainly am on the pedal a lot. Of course the interior is not like a BMW, but the acceleration is just as good as the 525. I drove the Focus, standard Sentra, Corolla, and Saturn VUE Hybrid (on a whim) and the Sentra SE-R put a smile on my face like no other. When going 80 on the highway I can feel the wind more than in the BMW, but it isn't bad and the rest of the time it is great. Here in LA I don't get lots of opportunities to drive 80 on the freeways anyways. Thanks to all who wrote reviews!

Econo-Mini-Maxima and a sports car heart
By Peter R on 07/07/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Excellent aftermarket seats in SE-R. Very quiet car with powerful quiet A/C. Handling is outstanding, can literally do right angle turns, no fishtail. Needs no stability control. No torque steer evident at all. Car will best EPA mpg easily - expect 25+ city and 33+ hwy. Very powerful, torquey engine with 173 ft-lbs at low, low 2800 rpm. Car will leap forward if asked. Two laner @ 40 mph barely touching gas. CVT downshifts to maintain constant speed on steep grades saving brakes and fuel. Upshifts to save fuel if you back off a tad. Overall brilliant execution of engine/tranny/suspension and brakes. Engineering excellence obvious in build rigidity and handling under power. Midsize ergos!!!

SE-R Engine/CVT/Seats=Grand Touring Car
By Peter on 06/06/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2.5L DOHC 4 cyl with perfect balance is made in Japan and gets its maximum torque at 2800 rpm. The CVT senses the engine is very strong and sets itself with high speed gearing to save fuel with low engine rpm: 1600 rpm at 60mph and 1200rpm at 45mph for over 27 mph while brand new. Ride is taut yet bumps fully absorbed. Steering is outstanding with 34 ft turn radius and a dead-flat-level suspension. Exterior is very striking and attractive. Paddle shifters on steering wheel allow CVT to be shifted like a six-speed..a way-cool feature. Intelligent tranny will perceive your foot off the gas on a downhill and drop the gearing to provide engine braking automatically without needing brakes.

New improved Sentra
By Jessie Ramsey on 04/07/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 3rd sentra, and by far, the best. We had 2 of the 2001 SE models, 1 with 5 speed, and 1 with automatic. I was leery of the CVT, but it feels great now. I think it will last a long time, especially the way that my wife drives it. She'll baby it. Already the mileage is better than the old cars got at their best. The engine is more fuel efficient, while being bigger by 500 cc. We expect high 30 mpg once broken it. The SE-R has anti-lock 4 wheel disc brakes and stiffer suspension than the car with 2.0 engine. It handles so much better. The car is quiet and road noise is filtered out so well. The stereo system is better as is the AC. So much colder. We love it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.