Used 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Grinding Parts
By CF

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My 2008 Sentra has 25,000 miles and just took it in to the dealership because seems to downshift with difficulty, and also because of grinding/scratching sound coming from transmission (or engine)? Nissan Dealer agrees that he hears the grinding sound, but says this is NORMAL. What? Normal to hear parts scraping or grinding? Are you kidding me? Great, now what do I do?

Love the look and the feel. Great gas mileage.

Disappointed and filled with regret
By Jonathan

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I get upset every time I hear about the toyota accelerator recall. I honestly feel that the way this car performs in the snow, slush, sleet, ice and even rain is more dangerous than any accelerator problem. I'm from the midwest, and I grew up driving in the snow. I've never had a car perform so poorly and feel so dangerous as this one. Even on roads with a dusting of snow, you can feel the sentra fishtailing and moving all over the road. There are many ways around an accelerator problem, but there is no way to keep this car under control except for slowing down to a crawl. Nissan has a real issue here. If I had the decision to make again, no way I would have bought the sentra.

The rear end, the electronic steering, the weight distribution. Something needs to be changed to make this car perform safely

I love my car!!
By Chris713

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love the 'Saddle' leather, love the Rockford Fosgate system with integrated Bluetooth, love the performance. CVT requires 'learning' to get optimal fuel mileage. I get 28-30 city & 34 hwy. Original Bridgestones were only good for 20K miles but I expected that. All around, I love my car and I actually traded down from a Maxima. only 1 minor drag is that there's only 1 power outlet. WHY? It's a great car for the money. I've had ZERO problems and I've got close to 30K on the odometer. Couldn't say the same for my Max.

Rockford Fosgate system is the only way to go. Totally outrocks the Bose in my previous car.

Power outlets! I think they added for 2009

Nice little/big car
By SteveNJ

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I purchased this car about 10 months ago now. We had intended on buying the Civic, but when we test drove the Sentra, it was a huge difference. The Sentra has a large interior for a "compact" sedan. The trunk is a nice size. The leather seats are quite comfortable. It has a very smooth ride and I like the CVT very much. The SL has all the features of a much more expensive car. I would recommend test driving the Sentra before deciding on a Civic or Corolla. We are very happy with our decision.

Leather interior, bluetooth, XM radio, large trunk, smooth ride, nice audio system, sunroof, passenger room, smartkey system.

The center arm rest should be higher and moved up more towards the dashboard. Heated seats should be standard on the SL. Breakaway mirrors would be nice. Daytime running lights should be standard.

German drivability; Japanese reliability
By Gordon

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car recently and I am very satisfied. Test drove a Honda Fit and a Civic, and after I test drove a Versa - it beat them both, however I wasn't satisfied with the amount of room so I stepped up to the Sentra. It drove the same as the Versa and was as comfortable as the Civic... all with a better price tag. Great bachelor car if you're looking for a roomy sedan that handles like a BMW. Its performance speaks for itself.

Keyless operation for anything. Bluetooth. Aux input for iPod.

More powerful audio system - then again, I'm used to having 10" speakers in the back.