Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Reliable, economical and not bad looking
By silverelan

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Wife and I bought our Sentra new and have been very happy with it after 85000 miles. Just change the oil, follow the maintenance schedule and slap on some new tires as needed. I love the smooth CVT with no shift points, the engine power won't win any drag races but gets the job done. I have taken the Sentra on several West Coast road trips over mountain passes and even fully loaded we make it thru just fine. Good gas mileage on the freeway though I struggle around 23-25mpg in the city. Newer cars will do better in town but thats to be expected. Plenty roomy inside and the interior has held up well over the years. Overall we have been happy with the vehicle.

Two years and going strong.
By psych0student

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008 Sentra second hand exactly two years ago; figured I'd give it the credit it deserves by writing a review. Overall, I truly love this car. It's a perfect size (even when moving back and forth from school), very economical (I get from Buffalo, NY to NYC on one tank of gas), reliable, and easy on the eyes. It's at 36k now, so I realize Nissan is going to abandon me for the most part warranty-wise, but I'm not worried because it's been an angel so far.

Favorite Features

I love the CVT (the noise doesn't bother me), the interior room (I'm 6' and could still wear a top hat if I wanted to), the economy, and the styling.

Suggested Improvements

Admittedly, the build quality is questionable (it's manufactured in Mexico), and the interior fit and finish could be a little less plastic, but for the money, this car is tops.

2008 Nissan Sentra Problems
By tblaha

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought a 2008 Sentra May of 2013 with 67000 miles on it and now have to replace the engine at 83000. Have been in contact with nissan and they WILL NOT stand behind it, said we are 2nd owners of the car.... I not sure what to do from here

Suggested Improvements

Not to buy a Nissan look elsewhere GM, Ford or Toyota

CVT TRANSMISSION
By pswanee

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the third transmission installed on my 2008 Nissan Sentra. After 67,672 miles the first one broke down where the car had to be towed 95 miles to the Nissan Dealer. The second one broke down at 68,845, only 2 weeks after getting it back, 173 miles. Nissan extended their warranty on this CVT transmission, because of the problems, from 5 years 60,000 miles to 10 years 120,000 miles. Since the transmission broke down at 7,672 miles from the initial warranty, the BBB advised the Lemon law cannot be applied since it is after the initial warranty 5 years 60,000 miles even though it was extended. Nissan being aware of this will not buy back the vehicle but just keeps replacing the transmissi

Favorite Features

until 10 years 120,000 miles. The CVT transmissions on this car keeps burning up where they no longer work. It is very unsafe and unreliable to take on any long trips. They are aware of this problem and just keep replacing it with rebuilt transmissions. Buyers Beware!!!

Poor servide
By phobbs1

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Do not buy a Nissan if you ever expect to need parts. Tree limb fell on car damaging roof. Have been waiting for roof and attenna for over seven weeks. At four weeks wrote Nissan customer service but no response. Also talked to dealer where I purchaes Orland Park Nissan Illinois and was told nothing they could do. Its now 8 weeks and still back order.

Suggested Improvements

Respond to customer needs in a timely fashion, not just care about sales.