2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Two years and going strong.
By psych0student on 12/19/13 08:50 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008 Sentra second hand exactly two years ago; figured I'd give it the credit it deserves by writing a review. Overall, I truly love this car. It's a perfect size (even when moving back and forth from school), very economical (I get from Buffalo, NY to NYC on one tank of gas), reliable, and easy on the eyes. It's at 36k now, so I realize Nissan is going to abandon me for the most part warranty-wise, but I'm not worried because it's been an angel so far.

2008 Nissan Sentra Problems
By tblaha on 12/17/13 11:25 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought a 2008 Sentra May of 2013 with 67000 miles on it and now have to replace the engine at 83000. Have been in contact with nissan and they WILL NOT stand behind it, said we are 2nd owners of the car.... I not sure what to do from here

CVT TRANSMISSION
By pswanee on 10/05/12 21:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the third transmission installed on my 2008 Nissan Sentra. After 67,672 miles the first one broke down where the car had to be towed 95 miles to the Nissan Dealer. The second one broke down at 68,845, only 2 weeks after getting it back, 173 miles. Nissan extended their warranty on this CVT transmission, because of the problems, from 5 years 60,000 miles to 10 years 120,000 miles. Since the transmission broke down at 7,672 miles from the initial warranty, the BBB advised the Lemon law cannot be applied since it is after the initial warranty 5 years 60,000 miles even though it was extended. Nissan being aware of this will not buy back the vehicle but just keeps replacing the transmissi

Poor servide
By phobbs1 on 09/24/12 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Do not buy a Nissan if you ever expect to need parts. Tree limb fell on car damaging roof. Have been waiting for roof and attenna for over seven weeks. At four weeks wrote Nissan customer service but no response. Also talked to dealer where I purchaes Orland Park Nissan Illinois and was told nothing they could do. Its now 8 weeks and still back order.

Good basic transportation with suspension issues
By vtgeoboy on 09/06/12 15:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2008 Sentra with about 60k miles. Overall it is a good car, very spacious interior, and good gas mileage (35 mpg on highway). However, there have been suspension issues. As you can see on some Nissan owners' forums, the rear wheels are permanently out of alignment. This is an easy fix - a tire shop can install a shim kit. If you don't do that, you will burn through tires. Soon after that, one of the front wheel bearings started making a loud rumbling. That was replaced, but the ABS sensor was rusted into the hub and had to be replaced - ABS sensor is $200. Fuel filler door stopped working - plastic cable end broke.

I love my Sentra!
By jessbugg on 08/05/12 14:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Sentra used from a dealership in early 2010, it was originally a rental car so had a few extra miles on it. I have put over 40,000 miles on it mainly driving back and forth from TN to FL for school and I have never had any problems. It's a great car, gets good gas mileage on the highway and I have not had problems with an "uncomfortable ride" I only recently replaced my tires & brake pads but the car has 70,000+ miles on it now. I've had no issues with the engine or anything under the hood, but I do get regular oil changes and maintenance checks since I do so much highway driving. Everyone always thinks my car is newer than an 08, I love it!

2008 Sentra 2.0 Pro's N' Con's
By ronjr69 on 02/24/12 00:42 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Pro's, Nice color (Onyx Blue) good paint finish, decent stereo, decent mpg (31-34 mpg @ 70 mph), quiet ride, roomy, good AC, adjustable cupholder, reliable (so far) Con's, No ABS standard, no cruise control, hard seat's, aux. in should be in center console, drivers seat should be centered behind steering wheel, steering wheel should be a softer material, can't read LCD displays with polarized sunglasses on, oversteer, can't fit my foot between brake pedal and center console to reach gas pedal (have to push tippy-to and is uncomfortable on long drives), lot's of body sway when windy or near trucks at speed, bland performance, handling, car is seriously under engineered, can't believe no ABS

My Sentra is perfect, not one problem
By clem238 on 12/22/11 20:08 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Sentra for two years; not one time have I had to do anything to it (did get new tire only because I ran over a box-knife blade) Love my car; had no problems on ice either. Not sure why other people have had problems. As with any car, something may go wrong, not every car is perfect...well, my Sentra has been so far, tee hee

Great Value, but keep the dealer honest!
By cpa6 on 11/12/11 08:37 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love my Sentra! BUT there were a couple of problems. The rear axle was bent upon purchase causing fishtailing in winter. Found it when I had the alignment ckd. Dealer tried to get out of it, but ended up getting it fixed for free. 90k miles on it so far. Do all my own work. Synthetic oil every 10k miles, CVT fluid myself at 50k, removed the cabin air filter. Grossly overpriced and worthless. Great value and looking forward to another 100k miles! Brakes have lasted far longer than I anticipated.

Was expecting better quality from Nissan
By twinfrog2 on 03/12/11 18:46 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the third Nissan I've owned and I must say I'm disappointed. I bought this car new and had to replace the factory tires before 15,000 mi. Im on a third set of tires with only 36,000 mi on the car and they have all worn uneven even though I've had an alignment done. The brakes and rotors have had to be replaced, the gas door is broken, the overhead mirror cover broke off, the exhaust has rusted through at the flange, its rusting in the space that the rear passenger door closes into and now there is something loose under the car that rattles very loudly while the car is idleing. Im a 31 yr old female who has taken care of this car in the hopes of keeping it along time... not anymore.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.