Used 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Was expecting better quality from Nissan
By twinfrog2

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the third Nissan I've owned and I must say I'm disappointed. I bought this car new and had to replace the factory tires before 15,000 mi. Im on a third set of tires with only 36,000 mi on the car and they have all worn uneven even though I've had an alignment done. The brakes and rotors have had to be replaced, the gas door is broken, the overhead mirror cover broke off, the exhaust has rusted through at the flange, its rusting in the space that the rear passenger door closes into and now there is something loose under the car that rattles very loudly while the car is idleing. Im a 31 yr old female who has taken care of this car in the hopes of keeping it along time... not anymore.

Favorite Features

I do like the interior space and leg room, and the gas mileage has been pretty good.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan really needs to use some higher quality materials, the engine may have been built to last but the body wasnt.

08' Sentra Um Not so good...
By Eric

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Sentra for a little over 2 years now. At first, I thought it was a great car. It seems a little wimpy as I have had other 4cyl cars with more guts. The factory tires wore out after 15,000 miles and it seems like there isn't a shop that can do a proper alignment on it. It tracks to the left and when braking at highway speeds, the steering wheel shakes bad. The interior looks cool, but isn't built with the highest quality. I would not recommend this car to anyone. The only good thing about it is the gas mileage. I get 31.5 mpg on average.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Gas mileage. 6 speed manual (the only fun part!).

Suggested Improvements

Tires, workmanship, engine (it has no guts).

my family has been with nissan since1974
By grant

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i have had altmas,frontiers, maximas, stanzas, and pathfinders this sentra is by far a great car. nissan did it again. handles great up mountans i have raced my dads frontier 4.0 and off the line i won. nice comfort the front seats recline very far i drive 150 miles a day and i get an avg of 29- 32 depending on how hard i step on the gas. mtn driving is a blast the car hugs turns tight and you still can give it gas threw the turn for the rest of it looks, inside and out its a good looking car. would like to see in 2 dr tho. and as for build and reliability well ... its a nissan not a toy. haha over all price handling performance and looks its a 10 to me

Favorite Features

even the lighting for at night is great don't even need hid's. easy to drive the 6 speed is so easy i can shift with my pinkie and drive with my knees.

Suggested Improvements

needs side marker mirrors and break away mirrors and more DC plug ins and that lock thing ppl are complaining about just get the power lock mirror and window package and you wont have that prob

6 Speed Fun
By Vicsone

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the third Nissan we have owned. My wife loves them. She opted for the 6 speed which is smooth and fun to drive. We have 11k miles on the car and so far so good except for one squeak in the back no one can find. The fuel mileage is great at 36 mpg Hwy. The biggest improvement would be a little more leg room for the knees the shifter console is rough on them after a few miles. Overall very satisfied and will keep for about 6 years. Thanks Nissan and keep up the Good work!!

Favorite Features

Smooth, fun to drive 6 speed transmission. New look and standard features on the S package. Great value for the money.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room. Shifter console is hard on the knees.

Constant Transmission problems
By SD

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a new 2008 Sentra S back in Feb and have had an ongoing issue with the transmission. Any time I ease off the accelerator in 4th, 5th and 6th gear, I can hear a high pitched whining sound. Started noticing it before 1,000 miles and brought it to the dealership. They test drove the car and told me it was normal. The sound kept getting louder and the dealership agreed to replace the transmission at 2,500 miles. The sound was still their after the swap, just not as loud. 6,500 miles on the car now and whine is back. Nissan says it is normal once again and refuses requests for additional work on car.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, build quality.