2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Was expecting better quality from Nissan
By twinfrog2 on 03/12/11 18:46 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the third Nissan I've owned and I must say I'm disappointed. I bought this car new and had to replace the factory tires before 15,000 mi. Im on a third set of tires with only 36,000 mi on the car and they have all worn uneven even though I've had an alignment done. The brakes and rotors have had to be replaced, the gas door is broken, the overhead mirror cover broke off, the exhaust has rusted through at the flange, its rusting in the space that the rear passenger door closes into and now there is something loose under the car that rattles very loudly while the car is idleing. Im a 31 yr old female who has taken care of this car in the hopes of keeping it along time... not anymore.

08' Sentra Um Not so good...
By Eric on 04/08/10 15:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Sentra for a little over 2 years now. At first, I thought it was a great car. It seems a little wimpy as I have had other 4cyl cars with more guts. The factory tires wore out after 15,000 miles and it seems like there isn't a shop that can do a proper alignment on it. It tracks to the left and when braking at highway speeds, the steering wheel shakes bad. The interior looks cool, but isn't built with the highest quality. I would not recommend this car to anyone. The only good thing about it is the gas mileage. I get 31.5 mpg on average.

my family has been with nissan since1974
By grant on 03/22/10 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i have had altmas,frontiers, maximas, stanzas, and pathfinders this sentra is by far a great car. nissan did it again. handles great up mountans i have raced my dads frontier 4.0 and off the line i won. nice comfort the front seats recline very far i drive 150 miles a day and i get an avg of 29- 32 depending on how hard i step on the gas. mtn driving is a blast the car hugs turns tight and you still can give it gas threw the turn for the rest of it looks, inside and out its a good looking car. would like to see in 2 dr tho. and as for build and reliability well ... its a nissan not a toy. haha over all price handling performance and looks its a 10 to me

6 Speed Fun
By Vicsone on 06/29/09 00:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the third Nissan we have owned. My wife loves them. She opted for the 6 speed which is smooth and fun to drive. We have 11k miles on the car and so far so good except for one squeak in the back no one can find. The fuel mileage is great at 36 mpg Hwy. The biggest improvement would be a little more leg room for the knees the shifter console is rough on them after a few miles. Overall very satisfied and will keep for about 6 years. Thanks Nissan and keep up the Good work!!

Constant Transmission problems
By SD on 05/23/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a new 2008 Sentra S back in Feb and have had an ongoing issue with the transmission. Any time I ease off the accelerator in 4th, 5th and 6th gear, I can hear a high pitched whining sound. Started noticing it before 1,000 miles and brought it to the dealership. They test drove the car and told me it was normal. The sound kept getting louder and the dealership agreed to replace the transmission at 2,500 miles. The sound was still their after the swap, just not as loud. 6,500 miles on the car now and whine is back. Nissan says it is normal once again and refuses requests for additional work on car.

I love it
By dabestdrummer_8387 on 04/26/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. Mine has the 2.0 with a 6 speed. I THINK that it shifts really smooth. handles well. I have smoked the newer hondas with this. in the civic it comes standard with a 1.8 and the si has a 2.0. well with a sentra you get a 2.0 stock. so i think it has the best standard horses. the interior is quite comfy. i drove it from ohio to texas and was really comfy. the base stereo has really good sound for a semi- base model. this car has a really big trunk. i can easily fit 4 12 inch subwoofers in the back!

Can't Complain
By Sabs on 02/01/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned 6 new cars in the past 4 years, with the Nissan Sentra being my 6th car. I got a more basic model. Granted this is no Toyota Camry or Infiniti G35x, it serves its purpose - a commuter car where I didn't have to dish out an extra $10K for a Prius and averaged 30.5 mpg (mixed city/hwy). For anyone who complains about the quality, the way I see it, you get what you pay for. You didn't buy a luxury car. Personally, I think this is a fun car to drive. It's the smallest car I've driven so far, but it has some good power and acceleration. If you are looking for a reliable car to get you from point A to B, then keep the Sentra in mind.

Excellent car for the price
By JordanCS on 10/31/08 03:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This Sentra replaced my Honda Civic Hybrid (too expensive to keep when I switched jobs and started driving 15 miles a day.) The Sentra is a great performer... nice acceleration, comfortable ride, though the suspension is a bit stiff. Interior comfort is excellent. I feel like I have plenty of room, and I'm a large guy. Fuel economy has been excellent - getting 35 MPG highway, and about 26 in the city. Great trunk design. Controls are easy to use and well placed. Seats are comfortable. The only nitpick is the lack of two power outlets, which I understand they fixed in the 2009 version. Great car for the price!

EX-Car Salesman
By EX-CAR Salesman on 08/11/08 07:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After selling KIAs for about a year, my wife and I decided to purchase a new car for our new beginning family, I researched all vehicles, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford, Hyundai, KIA, Chevy, etc. We fell in love with this one and purchased the Blue tooth, I have never been happier in my life, it has helped especially having a one year old son. Great handling and speed, we feel safe in the car, I would highly recommend this car, and I had a 1995 Nissan Altima with 224,000 Miles and traded it in, Nissan makes a great car, although it could use a better warranty like a KIA or Hyundai. It's safe reliable, and it has the most turn and interior room of its class!

Love it
By Ilsponge on 08/03/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Compared this and being a loyal Honda fan (we have 3) I defected. The crash test rating, mileage, and this car will be my work car until I retire had a huge impact on my decision. This car rides better than the reviews and the room is the same as my first Accord ('86). Great sound system and hindsight tells me to add the alloy wheels. But this is a commuter car. I will say the review from the person rolling the vehicle was very huge in my decision. Great value!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.