Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Snappy Sentra
By Steve Rich

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This 08 Sentra is called the big mans little sedan,four six footers will be content. Rocket launch acceleration is not in this cars DNA, but hyper milling is the order of the day, every day, and that's how I drive it, it makes me feel like "Cool Hand Luke". Car has been very dependable and very predictable,which is good! One Big Secret to NISSANS is; any CVT Nissan produced from 03-10 has a 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty on the transmission (I called Nissan direct and they read the memo to me over the phone...twice). They had some bad CVT parts out there and wanted to cover their bases! Well done Nissan. I would like to see some better sheet metal designs come out of Nissan, hopefully Carlos will do that (CEO of Nissan). Nice car, I have put about 30,000 miles on it with no problems, well ok the factory tires could be better! Also this 08 Sentra has a nice seat height!

Reliable, economical and not bad looking
By silverelan

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Wife and I bought our Sentra new and have been very happy with it after 85000 miles. Just change the oil, follow the maintenance schedule and slap on some new tires as needed. I love the smooth CVT with no shift points, the engine power won't win any drag races but gets the job done. I have taken the Sentra on several West Coast road trips over mountain passes and even fully loaded we make it thru just fine. Good gas mileage on the freeway though I struggle around 23-25mpg in the city. Newer cars will do better in town but thats to be expected. Plenty roomy inside and the interior has held up well over the years. Overall we have been happy with the vehicle.

Two years and going strong.
By psych0student

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008 Sentra second hand exactly two years ago; figured I'd give it the credit it deserves by writing a review. Overall, I truly love this car. It's a perfect size (even when moving back and forth from school), very economical (I get from Buffalo, NY to NYC on one tank of gas), reliable, and easy on the eyes. It's at 36k now, so I realize Nissan is going to abandon me for the most part warranty-wise, but I'm not worried because it's been an angel so far.

I love the CVT (the noise doesn't bother me), the interior room (I'm 6' and could still wear a top hat if I wanted to), the economy, and the styling.

Admittedly, the build quality is questionable (it's manufactured in Mexico), and the interior fit and finish could be a little less plastic, but for the money, this car is tops.

2008 Nissan Sentra Problems
By tblaha

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought a 2008 Sentra May of 2013 with 67000 miles on it and now have to replace the engine at 83000. Have been in contact with nissan and they WILL NOT stand behind it, said we are 2nd owners of the car.... I not sure what to do from here

Not to buy a Nissan look elsewhere GM, Ford or Toyota

CVT TRANSMISSION
By pswanee

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the third transmission installed on my 2008 Nissan Sentra. After 67,672 miles the first one broke down where the car had to be towed 95 miles to the Nissan Dealer. The second one broke down at 68,845, only 2 weeks after getting it back, 173 miles. Nissan extended their warranty on this CVT transmission, because of the problems, from 5 years 60,000 miles to 10 years 120,000 miles. Since the transmission broke down at 7,672 miles from the initial warranty, the BBB advised the Lemon law cannot be applied since it is after the initial warranty 5 years 60,000 miles even though it was extended. Nissan being aware of this will not buy back the vehicle but just keeps replacing the transmissi

until 10 years 120,000 miles. The CVT transmissions on this car keeps burning up where they no longer work. It is very unsafe and unreliable to take on any long trips. They are aware of this problem and just keep replacing it with rebuilt transmissions. Buyers Beware!!!