2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Surprised by a lot of negative

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

2.0 S Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Surprised by a lot of negative reviews..
By Raindawgs4ever on

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2007 Sentra S for almost two years now. I am kind of surprised by some of the negative reviews I've read here since this car has been a peach for me. I agree with the dings on the plastic interior, non- collapsing rear view mirrors and blind spots, but I've adapted and overcome these shortcomings. I'm not understanding the mileage knocks as I get out what I put in with this car. If I am driving like a madman in the city I can get like 19 mpg. If I mellow out a bit it will go up to about 27. The worst I have ever done in freeway driving is 28. Driving conscientiously I get 34. My overall averages, mostly freeway with 15% city driving is 31-32 mpg. I am happy with that.

On board computer, sound system that works for me, mileage, performance that is surprising for a little car, positive comments I get on the car, inside and out, completely reliable at nearly two years, no issues, great driving in the snow, comfortable over long distances, feels like a nicer ride.

Plastic interior pieces need to be addressed. Blind spots can be improved with better rear view mirror placement/size. Make rear view mirrors collapsible. I think because the car is so exceptional in some areas one expects more in others. Any time I critique it, I remind myself it is a tiny car.