2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: It's an OK car

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

2007 Nissan Sentra

It's an OK car
By gavincd on

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought new in April, 2007 and drove it every day until it was totaled in a near head-on crash in October 2008. Safety-wise it was great - lots of exterior damage but passenger and I remained very safe considering. Over the 18+ months and 38,000 miles of ownership it averaged 29.34 mpg. (I drive careful - about 80% highway and 20% city.) It was mechanically sound and dependable. My biggest complaint was that it's gas mileage was oversold at time of purchase. We were told it would average 33-34 mpg with our type of driving. While our mileage was OK, it fell short of promises. I'm not sure if I will buy another, but I have to consider it when weighing the known- proven crash safety, etc.

Crash safety, smart key feature, ABS, low purchase price, and CVT. Lots of interior space - particularly head room.

Please sell the mpg rating honestly. Sun visors won't hold steady in partially lowered positions. My vehicle also had a clunking sound and movement under drivers seat when cornering, which the dealer had trouble replicating and diagnosing.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review