2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Cute & LOVE the toys, but unde

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Review

Cute & LOVE the toys, but underpowered
By NOT a Florida driver on

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Leased it new and returned it to the dealer with 20K. No mechanical problems in 2 years. Interior build was fine (except one drawer that never fit right and a dead electric outlet). Exterior build was good and the finish stood up to a scratchy bush that's too close to our driveway. Biggest complaint was performance - car was underpowered when accelerating, and I had to floor the gas to pass on the highway. As a result, MPG was poor, never topping 23 (50% city driving). I also HATED the CVT - braking was jerky despite steady pressure on the pedal. My mother actually refused to drive the car because of the CVT/brakes. After 2 years in a 2005 Altima, driving this car was definitely a letdown.

I LOVED all the toys in this car, especially the Bluetooth and keyless ignition - no digging in my purse for cell phone or keys! The Rockford stereo system was excellent and I loved the 6 CD changer. When this car wasn't moving, it was easily the most comfortable and "fun" car I've ever owned.

Dump the CVT! I would never drive another car with the CVT after this Sentra. Also, a few extra horsepower would be a HUGE help under the hood. And tinted windows should be a factory-installed option on a leased car, at least for those of us who live in south Florida year-round...