Amazing value
By OT on
2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
This is a car that feels way more expensive than it was. Consider the motor: it's got liquid-filled mounts and at idle, it's so quiet I once tried to start the engine while it was running! More torque than most 2.0L engines, and I love the 6-speed (which Renault co-designed and uses in their cars). The seats are plush but supportive, good for at least 4 hrs continuous driving (I've done it). Way more backseat and trunk space than "compact" cars used to have. Tire pressure monitors, computerized (RFID key) ignition cutoff, high safety rating, all standard. Plus Nissan reliability and resale value!
Favorite Features
Oil filter is easily accessible without getting under the car, so with my oil suction pump I never have to raise the car for oil changes :) Auxiliary audio input in a base model is fantastic. ABS was not standard, but only about $200 more (invoice pricing), worth it for the insurance discount.
Suggested Improvements
The sideview mirrors don't turn out far enough to completely eliminate blindspots. The opening for the trunk is small, although the trunk itself is large. Fuel economy can't match the civic. 6th gear could be a little taller, for better highway mpg. Air conditioning is a bit on the weak side.