Abnormal Rear Tire Wear
By Stan on
2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
For the most part, I love my Sentra. Positives are the high driving position, the smart key (which has spoiled us), the responsive CVT transmission, good fuel mileage (average 28-32 MPG in combination driving), and Sentra's great exterior styling. Negatives include small trunk, wind stability, and a unexplainably discolored center storage compartment. I have also been thru 2 sets of rear tires in only 42,000 miles, which the dealer service dept was unable to explain to my satisfaction. Says they are not out of alignment. I thought it was very commendable that Nissan also extended the warranty on the CVT to 120,000 miles showing their confidence in that technology.
Favorite Features
CVT has worked great at 43,000 miles. Convenience of Smart key is the only way to go for us now. Can't lock your keys in anymore. Oil change maintenance is easy for do it yourself.
Suggested Improvements
Wiper controls are a little annoying to use. Interior plastic panels scratch easily. Vinyl on storage compartment discolored even though kept in shelter most of the time.
By ejje1
on 10/05/12 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Sentra I'm on my 3rd set of tires! I have a new rear axle which Nissan replaced at no charge, but tire wear is starting up again on new tires with 6000 miles on them. Something not right south of the border on the assembly of the body of Sentras Ejje