2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
2007 Sentra 2.0 SL Sedan
By Chris on 11/25/07 17:59 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this car from the dealership I worked at in July of 2007, replacing my wife's 2006 Honda Accord. This car is way above the Accord in fit and finish, build quality, interior quietness and other things too. This car is smoooth sailing the whole way through. Excellent power delivery with the CVT, although gas mileage is nowhere near the advertised 29/36. Hopefully it will improve once we pass 7500 or so miles. With ~5000 miles on the car, it's been great. 6 speaker prem. audio system rocks, and my iPod interfaces with the radio nicely. Bluetooth is a nice feature to have too, as well as the ABS brakes.

First Impressions
By Jason on 11/24/07 21:17 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm writing this the night of my first day with my new Sentra. I will give just a simple summary of what I've observed in the first 24 hours. I like the exterior. It's small-looking on the outside, but really big and roomy on the inside. The trunk space is amazing, considering it doesn't even look like it has a trunk from the outside. The engine makes a lot of noise upon acceleration, but that's the only flaw I've seen so far. It handles great, it accelerates great (minus the noise) and the interior is smartly designed. I should have no trouble parking this in the city because it's compact, but it doesn't feel like that on the inside. Overall I'm very impressed on the first day.

Got Nissan?
By southerncali on 11/18/07 23:41 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love my white 07 Sentra. Installed the K & N air filter and an exhaust in the back for that vrooom and more mpg but I think my mpg went down because I love to put the pedal to the metal. I get about 370 miles highway. Head turner! Gas mileage at 11,000 miles is still 28 city. Much more horsepower helping that tranny (CVT) on engine with the exhaust. My trade in was an 05 toyota corolla Sport. This Nissan is way better!

Nice, spaaaaacious, fuel efficient car!
By Reinholdt on 11/06/07 15:37 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Got the 2.0s 6M in April, and I found the ride very quiet and reasonably well mannered. It certainly does not like any sort of rough road, however, where the suspension can have me bouncing around all over the cabin. The shift throw had been difficult to get used to, but that's okay. I mean, I can play "hide-n-go-seek" inside the cabin there is sooo much space! I do find the quality of the plastics inside to be lacking. The interior is very easy to mark if you are not careful but overall, a great car for my long commute, and knowing the Nissan powerplant, the engine should get me close to half a million KMs.

2007 Nissan Sentra
By mark on 11/05/07 11:15 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Looks great and it's fun to drive. The little computer is neat. But it get's lousy mileage! I was expecting a lot better than 23 mpg for mostly freeway driving.

Quality Small Sedan
By Q on 11/05/07 06:35 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the car for almost a year with 20,000+ miles. No major complaints. Road noise could be a touch less, but better tires may help. One window open at 45+ mph creates some bad wind effects. Bluetooth microphone leaves a lot to be desired but call quality inside the car is great. Sound system does well compared to custom systems I've installed in previous vehicles. I wish I would've pinched for the sat radio. Trunk space is very roomy and I love the separator. Massive glove compartment with a convenient tray in the door. Site lines are good, A pillars could be a touch smaller. Seats are comfortable. Driver's arm rest padding is already breaking down. 27 MPG real avg city/hwy.

Almost Perfect
By uscfan on 09/11/07 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We've had ours for 1 month and 3500 miles. Nice car so far. Getting about 30 mpg with 65% city and 35% highway. Plenty of room in the car for the four of us. Trunk is bigger than it looks. The leather is nice and soft but would like to see a lumbar support and power seats. CVT is nice and smooth. Braking is a little clumsy when the CVT disengages. I test drove all the others, civic, corrola, elantra and mazda3. The Sentra provides the best bang for the buck.

Sentra has poor fuel economy
By Gene on 09/01/07 15:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought the car and have only 900 miles. Rated gas mileage is 29 city and 36 highway. My average mileage has only been 20.5 mpg for local driving primarily in the suburbs. The dealer tells me the car needs to break in and good mileage will be realized after 7500 miles. I have never had this experience with other new cars, at least not to this degree, so I am very concerned. The dealer cannot find anything wrong. I noticed that the new CVT has a braking effect at all times and I suspect this is the reason for the bad mileage since the car does not coast like a normal car. It is like being in D1 all the time.

Amazing value
By OT on 08/31/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a car that feels way more expensive than it was. Consider the motor: it's got liquid-filled mounts and at idle, it's so quiet I once tried to start the engine while it was running! More torque than most 2.0L engines, and I love the 6-speed (which Renault co-designed and uses in their cars). The seats are plush but supportive, good for at least 4 hrs continuous driving (I've done it). Way more backseat and trunk space than "compact" cars used to have. Tire pressure monitors, computerized (RFID key) ignition cutoff, high safety rating, all standard. Plus Nissan reliability and resale value!

Absolute Perfection!
By Andy on 08/30/07 21:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Previously owned a 2001 Sentra base model which was reliable, efficient, and somewhat boring. Gave it to my daughter in 2004 and she found it reliable, efficient and somewhat boring over past three years. Man, is the SE-R not boring. Terrific handling, acceleration, braking, comfy, stylish, and the 340 watt sound system takes me back to my youth! This road hugger sold me within about three minutes of the test drive. Toss in more than acceptable mileage, a sticker price that shames the snobby competitors - this beats any BMW or Accura hands down in my books - and I may be a Sentra devotee for life.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.