2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Much Needed Improvement
By twshield on 06/16/08 04:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Sentra 2.0s new. I have had 3 previous models of sentras and i would have to say that the 2007 is a big improvement. The 07 Sentra now has quality unlike previous models. I feel it can actually compete with civic and corolla now. Being an overweight person, I have found the cabin to be very roomy and quiet for a compact car. The car has a much better ride than previous models as well.

Great car after a year of ownership
By Brian on 06/06/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Sentra SL for a year now, and it has been a great car. The SL is packed with features that can not be had in most any other 'entry' level vehicle. (I've never understood why most car designers believe small is always about being the cheapest option and not about preference for many car buyers.) I've had no issues with the car to date other than something minor at the time of purchase. I was replacing a 2000 VW Jetta with the Sentra. I can say, the Sentra does not drive live a Jetta unfortunately, but once you get used it you settle in quickly. Fuel economy has been about 22-24 in city driving and 36-38 on highway over the year (w/o the air turned on).

Bad alignment, already has other issues
By Joe on 04/15/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a Sentra with positive expectations but we were let down. 1. The gas mileage is nowhere near what Nissan claimed. For '08 the gov has revised the criteria, but it's still optimistic. We have averaged from 20 in the city to 27 highway. I drive to maximize mileage too. 2. The wheel alignment is all over the place. Fresh from the factory, the car was defective. After much trouble Nissan aligned the front, but added way too much caster in an effort to conceal the alignment problem. The rear is still not aligned. I suspect that bad alignment is part of the cause for the bad gas mileage. If you have a Nissan, take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment. I have a lemon!!!

Love it more 1 year later
By Sue on 04/05/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2.0 model with the 6 speed manual transmission in January 2007. I love this car more every day! I average about 28 mpg combo city/highway miles. It is comfortable, sporty and quick! I don't have all the bells and whistles like the 2.0S has, but thats okay cuz I am not a bells & whistles person. I am extremely satisfied with this vehicle and would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable, well built car with Nissan dependability.

Lemon
By Lawrence on 03/21/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in 07/2007. It's been in and out of the shop the whole time I have it. Issue has been truned over to the (BBB) better business bureaus,inc. The rubber molding on the back door had to replaced, the driver's seat had to be replaced, the transmission had to be replaced and now just had to replace the air/fuel ratio sensor and sensor asm. Who knows what will be next on this car.

A Great Car - even after a year
By Poonhead on 03/11/08 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the second review of this car I've written for Edmunds. I loved it right away, but promised myself I'd come back and write more after driving for a year. What can I say? This car is fantastic. The looks of it are a bit controversial, but if you love it (like I do), you love it. This car is even great in the snow of upstate New York. People get in my car and just gush about it - which is weird considering it's a Sentra and not a BMW or something. It's even worked well as my daughter has gotten bigger and out of the car seat. We've driven it all over the northeast and had plenty of room, good fuel economy, etc. Can't recommend this car enough.

Kind of fun
By madridny on 03/08/08 21:49 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased in May of 07, traded in a Dodge Dakota. Gas mileage is in the advertised range, about 31 with regular tires and 28 with studded snow tires, mostly highway driving. Vehicle really needs snow tires if you live in a very snowy area. All weather tires will not do it. Heater works great and rear defrost works fine. Car is a little noisy under heavy acceleration. When braking car lurches forward at times but I am told that this is a product of the CVT. Gas door needs to be opened from inside and does not work properly, usually it will not open and needs some extra "help". I am 6'6" and the headroom in this car is great. Not to sure about the benefit of the trunk divider.

Best auto puchase I've ever made!
By Nleporacci on 02/20/08 16:39 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Not sure what the mileage complaints are about. I'm averaging 31 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg combined. I've just hit 300 miles on this tank of gas and I still have more than 1/4 of a tank left. Lots of power when needed and stylish to the max. The 2007 has twice the leg room of the 2006. It hugs the road beautifully.

Well put together car
By Bek on 02/06/08 07:01 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car has great head room, not present in many small vehicles. It's peppy and maneuverable. The design of the instrument panel is really great. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Great vehicle but not without its quirks
By Bill on 01/21/08 13:31 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Over 15 months/22,000 miles of ownership, my Sentra never left me stranded and gave me good, dependable transportation to/from work. While not a sports car by any means, it could blow away any Civic or Corolla on the road. Styling was nice for a car in its price range. The CVT was a neat variation of the traditional A/T and helped make the most of the engine's power, but it was disconcerting during stops as it would often cause the car to slingshot forward while braking, almost like downshifting too early with a manual. Gas mileage was okay, typically in the mid-20s, but nowhere near the advertised 36 mpg hwy as others have mentioned. Interior was nice, but quality left a lot to be desired.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.