Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

tires
By JessieM

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My tires keep going bad and front end alignment keeps having to be fixed.It's a good little car,but i can't afford to keep putting tires on it.

Favorite Features

The cruise control

Suggested Improvements

They need to fix whatever is causing the tires and alignment to go bad

Nihon Love (Datsun)
By RaShad V

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my car in 2007 and I love it. I am a true fan of Honda, but I am so glad I chose my Nissan Sentra over the Honda Civic, but my girlfriend will get the '09 civic. I chose my car for reliability and horsepower. This car is great for long distance driving and In-city driving. Honda(s) usually sits low, also many are complaining about a rattling noise on some of the Honda (s). I have a 94 Toyota Corolla 5speed and it is great on gas, so I look at the Nissan like it could burn gas a little slower. I get 45mpg in my Corolla because it is a 1.6L. My Nissan is a 2.0L, but it is better in the city. The Nissan Sentra is a great car to drive overall.

Favorite Features

The Exterior Shape. It is so cute. The Interior is ok, but it is nice also. The car is very comfortable for the driver to see the road in front of him. My favorite have to be the overall look from the outside because it is classy.

Suggested Improvements

Would put a smaller gas tank on the Sentra. About a 12.5Gallon tank capacity. That would be my only change but it is a great car for it size. :-) Go Nissan(Nihon)

Surprised by a lot of negative reviews..
By Raindawgs4ever

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2007 Sentra S for almost two years now. I am kind of surprised by some of the negative reviews I've read here since this car has been a peach for me. I agree with the dings on the plastic interior, non- collapsing rear view mirrors and blind spots, but I've adapted and overcome these shortcomings. I'm not understanding the mileage knocks as I get out what I put in with this car. If I am driving like a madman in the city I can get like 19 mpg. If I mellow out a bit it will go up to about 27. The worst I have ever done in freeway driving is 28. Driving conscientiously I get 34. My overall averages, mostly freeway with 15% city driving is 31-32 mpg. I am happy with that.

Favorite Features

On board computer, sound system that works for me, mileage, performance that is surprising for a little car, positive comments I get on the car, inside and out, completely reliable at nearly two years, no issues, great driving in the snow, comfortable over long distances, feels like a nicer ride.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic interior pieces need to be addressed. Blind spots can be improved with better rear view mirror placement/size. Make rear view mirrors collapsible. I think because the car is so exceptional in some areas one expects more in others. Any time I critique it, I remind myself it is a tiny car.

Love my Sentra
By Janet

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Sentra. Enjoyed my 06 so much, I traded it on the 07 Showroom model, when I went in for a oil change. New exterior and the CVT out of this world. I have more power & pickup than some vehicles with V6. The Bluetooth, is the best. I don't have to operate my cell phone...I let my car do it, by a push the button on the steering wheel. I have all the bells & whistles and feel like I drive & own a luxury car with all the economy and pep too. The tire sensor is touchy, but if you adjust the pressure for the weather and drive 40mph for a mile, it will go off. The battery went dead at 16 mths and dealership couldn't find the reason. Cost me $55 to replace it.(warranty)

Favorite Features

Love the Bluetooth, the CVT pep and speed. The hidden trunk compartment is great for my purse if needed. Great gas mileage.....

Suggested Improvements

The sunroof leaks thru the map light when I wash, when it rains and snows. I think that's what drains the battery. The leatherette seats are great, but have had problems since I bought the car, with the passenger leather (metal stay) not staying in place at the bottom. Will cut your fingers.

good car for the price
By UR

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car couple of months ago, so far it is giving me very good mileage like 29 city and 35 highway. I checked it so many times. I always keep my air filter clean. Interior is kind of plastic looking but it has a style. rear seats dont have good leg room. Irealy like the hight of the car it is much better. I drive 90 miles/day and loving the gas mileage. If you are looking for the powerful car it is not for you, it is only for stop and go kind of car. If you like to do work on your car it is the best car, every thing is right in front of your eyes, even the oil filter any one can change the oil filter.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and hight of the car

Suggested Improvements

seat make sequiky noise and very plastic looking interior.