2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
ITS ALRIGHT
By gotoguy on 06/26/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I thought I liked this car when I test drove it but after having it a while now I wish I would have bought a Toyota Corolla. My friend just bought a new one and it seems like such a better car than mine. This Nissan's interior wears really easily... don't get if you have children! Scratch marks everywhere. It looks like I let a scared cat loose in the car. My car also had a really cheap new car scent to it. Like foam, plastic and baby barf combined. It used to upset my stomach this "new" car scent Nissan has. I tried to pull a small U-haul trailer with this car and the engine over-heated. My CD player/stereo had to be replaced the first month I bought it. Just not happy with it.

M.P.G. of an S.U.V
By M.P.G. of a S.U.V on 06/17/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Last year I decided to go back to school so I traded in my GTO because it only got 21 mpg on highway. I have an 07 maxima and I average about 26 mpg and I can get 30-32 on the highway driving 5 over the speed limit. My school is 126 miles round trip and I wanted something good on gas so I went with the sentra (which is my 8th nissan). On the highway the best I've gotten yet was 25 mpg and in town I get 19 to 20. And it's not the way I drive, with the price of gas I drive like a grandma. It's a nice little car beside that but the only reason we buy cars like this is for mpg. So even if you don't like the civic as much, it's worth it because of the gas mileage

So Long Subie
By Brunson on 06/16/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My wife was in the market for a newer vehicle and we were in the reluctant position of trading in our beloved 02 WRX Wagon. We needed a solid commuter car with better gas mileage without compromising too much on performance. Our search led us to the 07 Spec V and we are very happy with the decision. This car is by no means a saturday track day type of ride but I still find a smile every time it rips up to 7k on the tach. The ride is smooth, maybe stiff for some, but much quieter highway crusing than the WRX. Interior is finished nicely and comfortable for my 6'4" 240 frame. For the price and features, can't beat it for a fun/zippy commuter car.

Much Needed Improvement
By twshield on 06/16/08 04:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Sentra 2.0s new. I have had 3 previous models of sentras and i would have to say that the 2007 is a big improvement. The 07 Sentra now has quality unlike previous models. I feel it can actually compete with civic and corolla now. Being an overweight person, I have found the cabin to be very roomy and quiet for a compact car. The car has a much better ride than previous models as well.

Great car after a year of ownership
By Brian on 06/06/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Sentra SL for a year now, and it has been a great car. The SL is packed with features that can not be had in most any other 'entry' level vehicle. (I've never understood why most car designers believe small is always about being the cheapest option and not about preference for many car buyers.) I've had no issues with the car to date other than something minor at the time of purchase. I was replacing a 2000 VW Jetta with the Sentra. I can say, the Sentra does not drive live a Jetta unfortunately, but once you get used it you settle in quickly. Fuel economy has been about 22-24 in city driving and 36-38 on highway over the year (w/o the air turned on).

Spec V
By QR25DE on 05/14/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got my spec v back in 2007. I've had it a little over a year now. I first test drove a honda 2007 civic SI, which was pretty interesting, I liked the power and the low profile and the instrument panel was good looking. But I wanted to compare the two before I made a decision. I went to nissan drove the spec v and fell in love with it. Fuel economy if you drive it in a smart way can get up to 30+

Bad alignment, already has other issues
By Joe on 04/15/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a Sentra with positive expectations but we were let down. 1. The gas mileage is nowhere near what Nissan claimed. For '08 the gov has revised the criteria, but it's still optimistic. We have averaged from 20 in the city to 27 highway. I drive to maximize mileage too. 2. The wheel alignment is all over the place. Fresh from the factory, the car was defective. After much trouble Nissan aligned the front, but added way too much caster in an effort to conceal the alignment problem. The rear is still not aligned. I suspect that bad alignment is part of the cause for the bad gas mileage. If you have a Nissan, take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment. I have a lemon!!!

Love it more 1 year later
By Sue on 04/05/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2.0 model with the 6 speed manual transmission in January 2007. I love this car more every day! I average about 28 mpg combo city/highway miles. It is comfortable, sporty and quick! I don't have all the bells and whistles like the 2.0S has, but thats okay cuz I am not a bells & whistles person. I am extremely satisfied with this vehicle and would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable, well built car with Nissan dependability.

Lemon
By Lawrence on 03/21/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in 07/2007. It's been in and out of the shop the whole time I have it. Issue has been truned over to the (BBB) better business bureaus,inc. The rubber molding on the back door had to replaced, the driver's seat had to be replaced, the transmission had to be replaced and now just had to replace the air/fuel ratio sensor and sensor asm. Who knows what will be next on this car.

A Great Car - even after a year
By Poonhead on 03/11/08 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the second review of this car I've written for Edmunds. I loved it right away, but promised myself I'd come back and write more after driving for a year. What can I say? This car is fantastic. The looks of it are a bit controversial, but if you love it (like I do), you love it. This car is even great in the snow of upstate New York. People get in my car and just gush about it - which is weird considering it's a Sentra and not a BMW or something. It's even worked well as my daughter has gotten bigger and out of the car seat. We've driven it all over the northeast and had plenty of room, good fuel economy, etc. Can't recommend this car enough.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.