Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Blown Tranny
By chargerfan92562

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2007 Nissan. I have 53,000 miles on it as I do alot of driving. At about 46,000, I was on a long trip about 6 hours into my travel my RPM's began to fluctuate, power was lost could not go over 20mpg. I pulled over on I-10 near lordsburg. After 20 minutes car started up and made it to Ca. I took car to dealership and was told nothing was wrong. Once again at 53,000 I was driving to Ca. again and once again about 6 hours later same thing happened. This time tranny blew. Fluid was all over. Towed to Tucson, covered under extended warranty. Before this everything on car seem to work. Does a tranny usually go out this quick?

Comfy, I like the blue took and the car exterior is sharp looking

Anything plastic inside vehicle is scratched( I have no kids).

Fantastic little thing.
By Carolina

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was in need of a car and didnt put much thought into what I wanted. But what a good choice I made. I do mostly highway driving and get about 400 miles to the tank. I like the shifter being elevated. It is not a family car nor made for tall people. I am neither. The exterior is sharp. I work for a highline dealership and all my techs suggested this model. It's only been a few months but with Nissan's reputation I do not expect any major issues.

I love the radio controls on the wheel. Also that the window controls light up at night. The keyless entry and keyless start are great.

None yet!

tires
By JessieM

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My tires keep going bad and front end alignment keeps having to be fixed.It's a good little car,but i can't afford to keep putting tires on it.

The cruise control

They need to fix whatever is causing the tires and alignment to go bad

Nihon Love (Datsun)
By RaShad V

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my car in 2007 and I love it. I am a true fan of Honda, but I am so glad I chose my Nissan Sentra over the Honda Civic, but my girlfriend will get the '09 civic. I chose my car for reliability and horsepower. This car is great for long distance driving and In-city driving. Honda(s) usually sits low, also many are complaining about a rattling noise on some of the Honda (s). I have a 94 Toyota Corolla 5speed and it is great on gas, so I look at the Nissan like it could burn gas a little slower. I get 45mpg in my Corolla because it is a 1.6L. My Nissan is a 2.0L, but it is better in the city. The Nissan Sentra is a great car to drive overall.

The Exterior Shape. It is so cute. The Interior is ok, but it is nice also. The car is very comfortable for the driver to see the road in front of him. My favorite have to be the overall look from the outside because it is classy.

Would put a smaller gas tank on the Sentra. About a 12.5Gallon tank capacity. That would be my only change but it is a great car for it size. :-) Go Nissan(Nihon)

Surprised by a lot of negative reviews..
By Raindawgs4ever

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2007 Sentra S for almost two years now. I am kind of surprised by some of the negative reviews I've read here since this car has been a peach for me. I agree with the dings on the plastic interior, non- collapsing rear view mirrors and blind spots, but I've adapted and overcome these shortcomings. I'm not understanding the mileage knocks as I get out what I put in with this car. If I am driving like a madman in the city I can get like 19 mpg. If I mellow out a bit it will go up to about 27. The worst I have ever done in freeway driving is 28. Driving conscientiously I get 34. My overall averages, mostly freeway with 15% city driving is 31-32 mpg. I am happy with that.

On board computer, sound system that works for me, mileage, performance that is surprising for a little car, positive comments I get on the car, inside and out, completely reliable at nearly two years, no issues, great driving in the snow, comfortable over long distances, feels like a nicer ride.

Plastic interior pieces need to be addressed. Blind spots can be improved with better rear view mirror placement/size. Make rear view mirrors collapsible. I think because the car is so exceptional in some areas one expects more in others. Any time I critique it, I remind myself it is a tiny car.