Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Good except the gas millage
By Darien

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part I'm pleased with the car. The suspension is passable on bumpy city roads, but could use work on future models. The gas millage is terrible for a car this size. At best I get 330 miles on a tank of gas city driving. Nissan really needs to improve that to make it worth buying. Based on gas millage alone, you might as well get an Altima if you have the finances. Other than that, no major complaints.

You get alot on the base model. Pretty good leg room all around.

Gas millage is atrocious for a compact.

Dont buy a sentra, horrible MPG
By Joshua1981

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Let me start off bye saying the car drives pretty good. But thats about as far as it goes. My 2.0S only gets 23 mpg combined city and highway driving. Which is way below the fueleconomy.gov ratings of 25mpg city and 33mpg highway. What has happened to nissan. I like the car ok other than that but to me gas mileage is a big part of car ownership. I would strongly advise anyone considering buying a 2007 Sentra to buy a honda civic or toyota corolla. They get way better gas mileage. I only got 350 miles on a 14.5 gallon tank of gas. I'm very disappointed and nissan should be ashamed of the gas mileage on the sentra. I will never buy another NISSAN again. Hope that helps.

Good room in the car and love the stereo. Rides fairly well for a little car.

Gas mileage needs to be improved greatly. Faster acceleration. Cruise control on all models.

Good Car
By jmard24

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I don't know understand why magazines say bad things about the car. I think it's a great car. It's quick, reliable and get good gas mileage. I checked out the civic si but I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it. Great car

Rds, Leather appointed steering wheel, sporty look, comfortable ride, 6 spd tranny

Move the dc outlet.

Best Little Car BANG for the BUCK!
By djohn

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is one of the best cars I've owned, owned a lot. The exterior design, and color (tent green) I know... The orange leather interior first concerned me but now like it a lot. Ive had a lot of lookers at this car, great gas mileage, bigger car for the mileage, 28-35. I drive almost 150 miles a day and its very comfortable and easy on the gas. Id recommend, and have, this car in a heart beat. Never a mechanical problem. Just rotate the tires every 5000 miles and change oil at the same time.

color, style, handling, hands on controls at your fingertips, bluetooth (even thought she is hard to understand sometimes),size and comfort.

interior plastic scratches very easily. stone chips,even with mud flaps, near rear doors due to sitting out too far (engineering error).OVERALL..a 9/10!

Cute & LOVE the toys, but underpowered
By NOT a Florida driver

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Leased it new and returned it to the dealer with 20K. No mechanical problems in 2 years. Interior build was fine (except one drawer that never fit right and a dead electric outlet). Exterior build was good and the finish stood up to a scratchy bush that's too close to our driveway. Biggest complaint was performance - car was underpowered when accelerating, and I had to floor the gas to pass on the highway. As a result, MPG was poor, never topping 23 (50% city driving). I also HATED the CVT - braking was jerky despite steady pressure on the pedal. My mother actually refused to drive the car because of the CVT/brakes. After 2 years in a 2005 Altima, driving this car was definitely a letdown.

I LOVED all the toys in this car, especially the Bluetooth and keyless ignition - no digging in my purse for cell phone or keys! The Rockford stereo system was excellent and I loved the 6 CD changer. When this car wasn't moving, it was easily the most comfortable and "fun" car I've ever owned.

Dump the CVT! I would never drive another car with the CVT after this Sentra. Also, a few extra horsepower would be a HUGE help under the hood. And tinted windows should be a factory-installed option on a leased car, at least for those of us who live in south Florida year-round...

• SUV