Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Best car for the money!
By carguy2006

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I baught my Nissan Sentra being the first Import vehicle I have ever purchased. I have driven 45,000 miles and I have never had a single problem. The CVT paired with the 2.0 Engine is the best. I am averadging 390-420 Miles to the tank. I have takin this car on many of road trips and allways and thrilled with the performance good job Nissan. I work in the auto industry and have driven so many cars and normally keep these vehicles for a year or two. I actually want to keep my Sentra for another five years!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Premium Sound, Intelligent Key, Audio Controls on the Steering Wheel, Devide and Hide trunk. CD Storage in the Visor, MPG, and CVT Transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic does scratch easily.

Mechanically sound, but...
By Bex

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car is comfy, roomy, but I too have had some problems. Rotors had to be turned around 7000 mi, tires replaced at about 26000 mi, all the scratches on the plastic bits like a lot of people mentioned. My biggest complaint however, is both the driver and passenger seats had to be replaced by the dealer due to some pretty nasty squeaking noises. Small, but kind of annoying and time consuming.

Favorite Features

Audio sounds really nice, seats are quite comfy, info center above radio. Overall, car is pleasant.

Suggested Improvements

More scratch resistant door panels, longer lasting brake materials.

"ANOTHER AMAZING NISSAN OFFERING"
By WB1013

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

2.0s manual-great car for it's class and initial investment. Drove both the manual/CVT although I was pleased with the CVT-went with the manual (like to get to the gear I want). I get an amazing average 34 mpg-99% of the time I am the only one in the car/don't carry a lot/and am on the interstate-so that has a much to do with it. Nissans fabric (mesh-like) choice was ingenious- shows zero wear-trunk is spacious-back seat is ample-int design is comfortable (I am 6,1'') and well thought-out. Had one issue (warranty) climate control fan went out-sounded like I had a helicopter blade rotating in the dash. Fixed and no issues since. Nissan always seems to embody quality and value (have owned 6) great- car!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth and stereo controls on the stearing wheel - MPG and Distance read- out. Leather-wrapped stearing wheel and shiftknob.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension and brakes wish they were tighter and bigger - but aftermarket options are vast...wish I had a moonroof... maybe I'll add that aftermarket too.

Abnormal Rear Tire Wear
By Stan

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part, I love my Sentra. Positives are the high driving position, the smart key (which has spoiled us), the responsive CVT transmission, good fuel mileage (average 28-32 MPG in combination driving), and Sentra's great exterior styling. Negatives include small trunk, wind stability, and a unexplainably discolored center storage compartment. I have also been thru 2 sets of rear tires in only 42,000 miles, which the dealer service dept was unable to explain to my satisfaction. Says they are not out of alignment. I thought it was very commendable that Nissan also extended the warranty on the CVT to 120,000 miles showing their confidence in that technology.

Favorite Features

CVT has worked great at 43,000 miles. Convenience of Smart key is the only way to go for us now. Can't lock your keys in anymore. Oil change maintenance is easy for do it yourself.

Suggested Improvements

Wiper controls are a little annoying to use. Interior plastic panels scratch easily. Vinyl on storage compartment discolored even though kept in shelter most of the time.

Good except the gas millage
By Darien

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part I'm pleased with the car. The suspension is passable on bumpy city roads, but could use work on future models. The gas millage is terrible for a car this size. At best I get 330 miles on a tank of gas city driving. Nissan really needs to improve that to make it worth buying. Based on gas millage alone, you might as well get an Altima if you have the finances. Other than that, no major complaints.

Favorite Features

You get alot on the base model. Pretty good leg room all around.

Suggested Improvements

Gas millage is atrocious for a compact.