2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
My 2007 nissan sentra
By 2.0 4 door sedan w/ on 03/06/09 15:00 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

that i bought used Aug. 07 with 22000 miles has so far at 41000 miles has been a great car to own With the exception of a break master cylinder recall Nissan paid for. The car drives and handles well. I like the cvt trans. It rides and handles well. My gas mileage has been 29 city and 35 H way. I would buy it all over again.

Terrible Vehicle
By mkamalesh on 02/20/09 09:44 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has given me nothing but problems. I have had the rotors re-surfaced twice under warranty, the brake master cylinder replaced, front brakes replaced at 12k miles, the tire pressure light refuses to go off. The engine is noisy, the MPG average has gone from 29 to 23.9. Significant loss of torque, it can barely handle a steep graded hill. It's an overpriced garbage car. Go spend your money on something with better quality. I have driven Hondas all my life and took a chance on a Nissan. Big Mistake.

Such a beautiful car!
By AZGIRL on 01/22/09 21:03 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this 07 in Oct. of 06 and I was one of the first in my area to have one. It gave me absolutely no problems, other than I had three flat tires in 2 months because of so much local construction. One little thing, the center compartment won't close tightly anymore because I must have broken it a long time ago. Then there was a recall with the brakes. They were fixed for free by Nissan, but I knew there was something wrong when they started to squeak so soon. I think this car is great and it runs smoothly where I live (no ice/snow). I love the look of it and the interior is comfy. I love this car and I haven't had any other problems with it. Love the volume/radio controls on the wheel.

Interior drama
By Keisha on 01/12/09 14:27 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my car wanting something dependable and that I wouldn't have to mess much with since I'm a single mother. But was I wrong in part. Interior of my car is really cheaply made. Took out extended warranty til it's paid off too. Sun visors have broke, 2 of the driver's and one of the passengers which passengers was broke at dealership when I got the car. Now Nissan doesn't wanna replace anymore visors for my car even though I don't really even use them and my car still has a long way to go til the warranty is gone. Side mirror breaks easily someone broke ours in a parking lot. Tire sensor has been on at least 14 months of the 17 months owned it even though reset a million times!

What a shame!
By Rich on 01/11/09 17:55 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for less than two years and already I have had my rotors replaced, master brake replaced, and now one of my windshield washer nozzles is broken. I also get a noise when going over bumps which sounds like the windshield is loose. I would never buy another Nissan ever.

I'm buying another one
By stlangie on 01/01/09 12:54 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Sentra new in 11/2006. It was totaled 2 weeks ago when a Yukon T-boned my passenger side. Six airbags were deployed in my car, and I walked away with only a sprained wrist. The Yukon looked about as bad as my Sentra. I am absolutely amazed that I walked away and my Sentra held up as well as it did. Other than that, I loved how much room I had in the Sentra. I test drove the Corolla, Focus, Camry, and a few others when I bought it, and I was not disappointed with my purchase. My insurance just paid for my car today, and I've decided to buy a 2009 Sentra tomorrow.

Mr. Bugs
By cygnus on 12/29/08 16:26 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my SE-R 7 weeks ago and it has been in the shop 4 times, it makes a strange sound similar to hissing or a shaking a filament in a light bulb when the car travels over any street that is not newly paved. At this time the dealership as not been able to pinpoint the problem. They have replaced struts and strut mounts so far. My driver side door froze and would not open. The car is due back in the shop to replace a broken positive battery terminal connector that is on order. I love the engine power and styling but my car seems to have a lot of bugs and problems to be only a year old.

Factory warranty won't save you leg work
By Texas Driver on 12/14/08 07:09 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought brand new b/c previous vehicle was at the shop twice. Didn't realize this vehicle will have me living at the dlrshp waisting the time I don't have. Bought in April/07 and June/07 was the start of my problems. I took it to the shop for the tire pressure light, brakes were also making a funny noise. Dlr would reset the light sensor and the problem would appear weeks later The break problem was never fixed. After repeated attempts to have both problems fixed only ended up frustrated, with a feeling of hopelessness after hitting "wall, wall, wall" with their customer service department. The last time I took their shuttle back home and noticed shuttle's tire pressure light was also on.

NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!
By NOT HAPPY AT ALL! on 12/11/08 11:06 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I had a Nissan Altima for three years and loved it. My lease was up and unfortunately decided to by this Sentra. Needless to say, I am not happy at all. I have had four sets of struts in this "brand new car." This vehicle handles just horrible in rain/ice/snow. Sways all over the road. I have put new tires on this vehicle only after 20,000 miles thinking that was the issue, to no avail. I will never buy another Sentra. I have finally made the decision to get rid of this vehicle. It is clearly not made for the midwest. Nissan better make some much needed stability work!

Jekyl and Hyde Handling
By Bronnie on 10/27/08 16:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When my wife and I looked at the 07 Sentra we thought that we had found the perfect car for her 92 mile round trip commute and occasional long trip. The car has mid-size room and comfort, a great powertrain with the cvt and looks good. I also have had very good experiences with Nissans in the past. We liked the car's handling when we test drove it in good weather so we bought the car. However, we soon discovered that this is the absolute worst handling car I have ever driven in snow, ice and even rain. Very unstable. After several attempts to find a solution at two dealers and a few panicked phone calls from my wife on snowy days we traded the Sentra in on an 09 Camry with stability control.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.