2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Mechanically sound, but...
By Bex on 03/26/10 22:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car is comfy, roomy, but I too have had some problems. Rotors had to be turned around 7000 mi, tires replaced at about 26000 mi, all the scratches on the plastic bits like a lot of people mentioned. My biggest complaint however, is both the driver and passenger seats had to be replaced by the dealer due to some pretty nasty squeaking noises. Small, but kind of annoying and time consuming.

"ANOTHER AMAZING NISSAN OFFERING"
By WB1013 on 02/10/10 13:08 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

2.0s manual-great car for it's class and initial investment. Drove both the manual/CVT although I was pleased with the CVT-went with the manual (like to get to the gear I want). I get an amazing average 34 mpg-99% of the time I am the only one in the car/don't carry a lot/and am on the interstate-so that has a much to do with it. Nissans fabric (mesh-like) choice was ingenious- shows zero wear-trunk is spacious-back seat is ample-int design is comfortable (I am 6,1'') and well thought-out. Had one issue (warranty) climate control fan went out-sounded like I had a helicopter blade rotating in the dash. Fixed and no issues since. Nissan always seems to embody quality and value (have owned 6) great- car!

Abnormal Rear Tire Wear
By Stan on 01/19/10 21:11 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part, I love my Sentra. Positives are the high driving position, the smart key (which has spoiled us), the responsive CVT transmission, good fuel mileage (average 28-32 MPG in combination driving), and Sentra's great exterior styling. Negatives include small trunk, wind stability, and a unexplainably discolored center storage compartment. I have also been thru 2 sets of rear tires in only 42,000 miles, which the dealer service dept was unable to explain to my satisfaction. Says they are not out of alignment. I thought it was very commendable that Nissan also extended the warranty on the CVT to 120,000 miles showing their confidence in that technology.

Good except the gas millage
By Darien on 12/05/09 19:19 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part I'm pleased with the car. The suspension is passable on bumpy city roads, but could use work on future models. The gas millage is terrible for a car this size. At best I get 330 miles on a tank of gas city driving. Nissan really needs to improve that to make it worth buying. Based on gas millage alone, you might as well get an Altima if you have the finances. Other than that, no major complaints.

Dont buy a sentra, horrible MPG
By Joshua1981 on 10/16/09 22:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Let me start off bye saying the car drives pretty good. But thats about as far as it goes. My 2.0S only gets 23 mpg combined city and highway driving. Which is way below the fueleconomy.gov ratings of 25mpg city and 33mpg highway. What has happened to nissan. I like the car ok other than that but to me gas mileage is a big part of car ownership. I would strongly advise anyone considering buying a 2007 Sentra to buy a honda civic or toyota corolla. They get way better gas mileage. I only got 350 miles on a 14.5 gallon tank of gas. I'm very disappointed and nissan should be ashamed of the gas mileage on the sentra. I will never buy another NISSAN again. Hope that helps.

Good Car
By jmard24 on 08/22/09 05:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I don't know understand why magazines say bad things about the car. I think it's a great car. It's quick, reliable and get good gas mileage. I checked out the civic si but I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it. Great car

Best Little Car BANG for the BUCK!
By djohn on 07/23/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is one of the best cars I've owned, owned a lot. The exterior design, and color (tent green) I know... The orange leather interior first concerned me but now like it a lot. Ive had a lot of lookers at this car, great gas mileage, bigger car for the mileage, 28-35. I drive almost 150 miles a day and its very comfortable and easy on the gas. Id recommend, and have, this car in a heart beat. Never a mechanical problem. Just rotate the tires every 5000 miles and change oil at the same time.

Cute & LOVE the toys, but underpowered
By NOT a Florida driver on 07/12/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Leased it new and returned it to the dealer with 20K. No mechanical problems in 2 years. Interior build was fine (except one drawer that never fit right and a dead electric outlet). Exterior build was good and the finish stood up to a scratchy bush that's too close to our driveway. Biggest complaint was performance - car was underpowered when accelerating, and I had to floor the gas to pass on the highway. As a result, MPG was poor, never topping 23 (50% city driving). I also HATED the CVT - braking was jerky despite steady pressure on the pedal. My mother actually refused to drive the car because of the CVT/brakes. After 2 years in a 2005 Altima, driving this car was definitely a letdown.

Very nice for the price!
By Kei_Calibur on 07/09/09 17:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and so far I've only a couple of complaints. One is the hotspot on the shifter assembly. Turn the lights on and your leg will feel the heat. The other is the front brakes are horrible. I fixed this problem from the get go by ordering new rotors from ebay (I know... I know.) and using a high quality pad from autozone. To those with the tire sensor problem, make sure to check the spare tire also. I've NEVER had my light come on for anything other than low pressure or one flat. I use this as a family car, and it does it's job VERY well. Plenty.. and I mean PLENTY of space for almost anything you could need. Mileage is great also! Nissan loves to make a torquey engine!

Blown Tranny
By chargerfan92562 on 06/17/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2007 Nissan. I have 53,000 miles on it as I do alot of driving. At about 46,000, I was on a long trip about 6 hours into my travel my RPM's began to fluctuate, power was lost could not go over 20mpg. I pulled over on I-10 near lordsburg. After 20 minutes car started up and made it to Ca. I took car to dealership and was told nothing was wrong. Once again at 53,000 I was driving to Ca. again and once again about 6 hours later same thing happened. This time tranny blew. Fluid was all over. Towed to Tucson, covered under extended warranty. Before this everything on car seem to work. Does a tranny usually go out this quick?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.