Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

True pocket rocket
By drey05

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I tested the Civic Si, and Jetta GLI. I went to the Nissan dealership to look at the 07 Nissan coupe. Was attracted by the looks of the Spec V. I traded in a Jetta Turbo. The spec v is a lot faster, and rides better. I get an average of 25mpg and I'm not a light footed driver. I've gotten as high as 45 mpg with this. My X has a 07 GTI, and this is faster (we raced) and still is a larger car. It's almost like a stock sleeper. Plus you have to love the 6 spd manual, performance clutch, sport tires, big brakes, and gas shocks. Go take a look at one.

6spd, mp3 adapter, rims, have i said the 200hp stock?

Wish interior build quality was a little better, have some scratches already... nothing serious though.

2007 Sentra 2.0 SL Sedan
By Chris

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this car from the dealership I worked at in July of 2007, replacing my wife's 2006 Honda Accord. This car is way above the Accord in fit and finish, build quality, interior quietness and other things too. This car is smoooth sailing the whole way through. Excellent power delivery with the CVT, although gas mileage is nowhere near the advertised 29/36. Hopefully it will improve once we pass 7500 or so miles. With ~5000 miles on the car, it's been great. 6 speaker prem. audio system rocks, and my iPod interfaces with the radio nicely. Bluetooth is a nice feature to have too, as well as the ABS brakes.

CVT power delivery, premium 6-speaker audio system, leather seats, bluetooth.

The side mirrors need to fold, I knocked one off the side of the car when it was 2 weeks old. Thankfully it was only $105 for the whole mirror assembly. The gas mileage needs to be greatly improved also, or at least inform buyers of the true mpg. Very important with gas nearing $4.00/gallon.

First Impressions
By Jason

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm writing this the night of my first day with my new Sentra. I will give just a simple summary of what I've observed in the first 24 hours. I like the exterior. It's small-looking on the outside, but really big and roomy on the inside. The trunk space is amazing, considering it doesn't even look like it has a trunk from the outside. The engine makes a lot of noise upon acceleration, but that's the only flaw I've seen so far. It handles great, it accelerates great (minus the noise) and the interior is smartly designed. I should have no trouble parking this in the city because it's compact, but it doesn't feel like that on the inside. Overall I'm very impressed on the first day.

The exterior design and interior design are splendid. I love the placement of the gear shift. The air vents are huge, which makes warming up the car on a cold day really quick and easy. You sit up high, which is good. Lots of little compartments up front to store stuff.

Find a way to make it less noisy when it accelerates.

Got Nissan?
By southerncali

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love my white 07 Sentra. Installed the K & N air filter and an exhaust in the back for that vrooom and more mpg but I think my mpg went down because I love to put the pedal to the metal. I get about 370 miles highway. Head turner! Gas mileage at 11,000 miles is still 28 city. Much more horsepower helping that tranny (CVT) on engine with the exhaust. My trade in was an 05 toyota corolla Sport. This Nissan is way better!

Bluetooth is very convenient, iPod jack, stereo.

Bad antenna reception, stereo volume goes down when too loud. Sentra is known for mileage... what happened?

Nice, spaaaaacious, fuel efficient car!
By Reinholdt

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Got the 2.0s 6M in April, and I found the ride very quiet and reasonably well mannered. It certainly does not like any sort of rough road, however, where the suspension can have me bouncing around all over the cabin. The shift throw had been difficult to get used to, but that's okay. I mean, I can play "hide-n-go-seek" inside the cabin there is sooo much space! I do find the quality of the plastics inside to be lacking. The interior is very easy to mark if you are not careful but overall, a great car for my long commute, and knowing the Nissan powerplant, the engine should get me close to half a million KMs.

Fuel economy, SPACE, SPACE, SPACE! Great seats.

Better quality interior plastic, more forgiving suspension, gas pedal too close to centre console (foot not really centered on pedal), glare on radio display.