Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

I'm In Limbo
By evy197531

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well I had the 2006 Nissan Sentra and upgraded by way of a car accident to the 2007. I love the style. It is totally different than the 2006 and resembles the Altima. Nice compact size for myself and I am single with no children but bad choice for someone with a family.

Favorite Features

Radio control on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Folding side mirrors, cruise control, alloys. I have none on my car and the 2006 had more features than the 2007.

2007 Sentra 2.0 SL Sedan
By Chris

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this car from the dealership I worked at in July of 2007, replacing my wife's 2006 Honda Accord. This car is way above the Accord in fit and finish, build quality, interior quietness and other things too. This car is smoooth sailing the whole way through. Excellent power delivery with the CVT, although gas mileage is nowhere near the advertised 29/36. Hopefully it will improve once we pass 7500 or so miles. With ~5000 miles on the car, it's been great. 6 speaker prem. audio system rocks, and my iPod interfaces with the radio nicely. Bluetooth is a nice feature to have too, as well as the ABS brakes.

Favorite Features

CVT power delivery, premium 6-speaker audio system, leather seats, bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

The side mirrors need to fold, I knocked one off the side of the car when it was 2 weeks old. Thankfully it was only $105 for the whole mirror assembly. The gas mileage needs to be greatly improved also, or at least inform buyers of the true mpg. Very important with gas nearing $4.00/gallon.

First Impressions
By Jason

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm writing this the night of my first day with my new Sentra. I will give just a simple summary of what I've observed in the first 24 hours. I like the exterior. It's small-looking on the outside, but really big and roomy on the inside. The trunk space is amazing, considering it doesn't even look like it has a trunk from the outside. The engine makes a lot of noise upon acceleration, but that's the only flaw I've seen so far. It handles great, it accelerates great (minus the noise) and the interior is smartly designed. I should have no trouble parking this in the city because it's compact, but it doesn't feel like that on the inside. Overall I'm very impressed on the first day.

Favorite Features

The exterior design and interior design are splendid. I love the placement of the gear shift. The air vents are huge, which makes warming up the car on a cold day really quick and easy. You sit up high, which is good. Lots of little compartments up front to store stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to make it less noisy when it accelerates.

Got Nissan?
By southerncali

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love my white 07 Sentra. Installed the K & N air filter and an exhaust in the back for that vrooom and more mpg but I think my mpg went down because I love to put the pedal to the metal. I get about 370 miles highway. Head turner! Gas mileage at 11,000 miles is still 28 city. Much more horsepower helping that tranny (CVT) on engine with the exhaust. My trade in was an 05 toyota corolla Sport. This Nissan is way better!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth is very convenient, iPod jack, stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Bad antenna reception, stereo volume goes down when too loud. Sentra is known for mileage... what happened?

Nice, spaaaaacious, fuel efficient car!
By Reinholdt

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Got the 2.0s 6M in April, and I found the ride very quiet and reasonably well mannered. It certainly does not like any sort of rough road, however, where the suspension can have me bouncing around all over the cabin. The shift throw had been difficult to get used to, but that's okay. I mean, I can play "hide-n-go-seek" inside the cabin there is sooo much space! I do find the quality of the plastics inside to be lacking. The interior is very easy to mark if you are not careful but overall, a great car for my long commute, and knowing the Nissan powerplant, the engine should get me close to half a million KMs.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, SPACE, SPACE, SPACE! Great seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior plastic, more forgiving suspension, gas pedal too close to centre console (foot not really centered on pedal), glare on radio display.