Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Great vehicle but not without its quirks
By Bill

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Over 15 months/22,000 miles of ownership, my Sentra never left me stranded and gave me good, dependable transportation to/from work. While not a sports car by any means, it could blow away any Civic or Corolla on the road. Styling was nice for a car in its price range. The CVT was a neat variation of the traditional A/T and helped make the most of the engine's power, but it was disconcerting during stops as it would often cause the car to slingshot forward while braking, almost like downshifting too early with a manual. Gas mileage was okay, typically in the mid-20s, but nowhere near the advertised 36 mpg hwy as others have mentioned. Interior was nice, but quality left a lot to be desired.

Above average engine power for a vehicle in its class, reliable, Altima- like styling, center display with trip computer and RDS/CD TEXT, side airbags at no extra charge (yet no cruise control or ABS), easy to parallel park.

CVT needs tweaking to stop slingshoting explained above, needs better MPG, LEDs on A/C knobs need to be brighter to not be drowned out by sun. Improve quality (foam popping out of dash, visor covers fell off, rattling seat, wheel alignment bad fresh from factory).

I'm In Limbo
By evy197531

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well I had the 2006 Nissan Sentra and upgraded by way of a car accident to the 2007. I love the style. It is totally different than the 2006 and resembles the Altima. Nice compact size for myself and I am single with no children but bad choice for someone with a family.

Radio control on the steering wheel.

Folding side mirrors, cruise control, alloys. I have none on my car and the 2006 had more features than the 2007.

2007 Sentra 2.0 SL Sedan
By Chris

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this car from the dealership I worked at in July of 2007, replacing my wife's 2006 Honda Accord. This car is way above the Accord in fit and finish, build quality, interior quietness and other things too. This car is smoooth sailing the whole way through. Excellent power delivery with the CVT, although gas mileage is nowhere near the advertised 29/36. Hopefully it will improve once we pass 7500 or so miles. With ~5000 miles on the car, it's been great. 6 speaker prem. audio system rocks, and my iPod interfaces with the radio nicely. Bluetooth is a nice feature to have too, as well as the ABS brakes.

CVT power delivery, premium 6-speaker audio system, leather seats, bluetooth.

The side mirrors need to fold, I knocked one off the side of the car when it was 2 weeks old. Thankfully it was only $105 for the whole mirror assembly. The gas mileage needs to be greatly improved also, or at least inform buyers of the true mpg. Very important with gas nearing $4.00/gallon.

First Impressions
By Jason

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I'm writing this the night of my first day with my new Sentra. I will give just a simple summary of what I've observed in the first 24 hours. I like the exterior. It's small-looking on the outside, but really big and roomy on the inside. The trunk space is amazing, considering it doesn't even look like it has a trunk from the outside. The engine makes a lot of noise upon acceleration, but that's the only flaw I've seen so far. It handles great, it accelerates great (minus the noise) and the interior is smartly designed. I should have no trouble parking this in the city because it's compact, but it doesn't feel like that on the inside. Overall I'm very impressed on the first day.

The exterior design and interior design are splendid. I love the placement of the gear shift. The air vents are huge, which makes warming up the car on a cold day really quick and easy. You sit up high, which is good. Lots of little compartments up front to store stuff.

Find a way to make it less noisy when it accelerates.

Got Nissan?
By southerncali

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love my white 07 Sentra. Installed the K & N air filter and an exhaust in the back for that vrooom and more mpg but I think my mpg went down because I love to put the pedal to the metal. I get about 370 miles highway. Head turner! Gas mileage at 11,000 miles is still 28 city. Much more horsepower helping that tranny (CVT) on engine with the exhaust. My trade in was an 05 toyota corolla Sport. This Nissan is way better!

Bluetooth is very convenient, iPod jack, stereo.

Bad antenna reception, stereo volume goes down when too loud. Sentra is known for mileage... what happened?

• SUV