Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Kind of fun
By madridny

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased in May of 07, traded in a Dodge Dakota. Gas mileage is in the advertised range, about 31 with regular tires and 28 with studded snow tires, mostly highway driving. Vehicle really needs snow tires if you live in a very snowy area. All weather tires will not do it. Heater works great and rear defrost works fine. Car is a little noisy under heavy acceleration. When braking car lurches forward at times but I am told that this is a product of the CVT. Gas door needs to be opened from inside and does not work properly, usually it will not open and needs some extra "help". I am 6'6" and the headroom in this car is great. Not to sure about the benefit of the trunk divider.

Intelligent key system, head room, mpg, trip computer, acceleration, excellent heat and a/c, bluetooth, auxiliary input on radio for iPod, visibility out the front window, good windshield wipers, good headlights on high and low beams, huge glove box.

Gas door problems, paint does not take wax well, more 12v power sources, led tail lights, amber turn signals, turn signals built into side mirrors, illuminated cup holders, a turbo diesel model would be great?

Best auto puchase I've ever made!
By Nleporacci

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Not sure what the mileage complaints are about. I'm averaging 31 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg combined. I've just hit 300 miles on this tank of gas and I still have more than 1/4 of a tank left. Lots of power when needed and stylish to the max. The 2007 has twice the leg room of the 2006. It hugs the road beautifully.

I love the "on wheel" controls for the radio. Plenty of power for passing. The CVT is great. Trip computer is a plus and I love being able to plug my Zen into the aux for mp3 playing. The split rear seats have already come in useful.

CVT is a little bumpy when coming to a stop. It feels like the car is going to slingshot ahead. I wish the door controls were illuminated. An on dash tray would have been nice. There's definitely plenty of room for it.

Well put together car
By Bek

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car has great head room, not present in many small vehicles. It's peppy and maneuverable. The design of the instrument panel is really great. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Trip info feature - tells gas mileage and miles till empty.

Suspension a little stiff perhaps could be made more comfortable. Also improve gas mileage.

Great vehicle but not without its quirks
By Bill

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Over 15 months/22,000 miles of ownership, my Sentra never left me stranded and gave me good, dependable transportation to/from work. While not a sports car by any means, it could blow away any Civic or Corolla on the road. Styling was nice for a car in its price range. The CVT was a neat variation of the traditional A/T and helped make the most of the engine's power, but it was disconcerting during stops as it would often cause the car to slingshot forward while braking, almost like downshifting too early with a manual. Gas mileage was okay, typically in the mid-20s, but nowhere near the advertised 36 mpg hwy as others have mentioned. Interior was nice, but quality left a lot to be desired.

Above average engine power for a vehicle in its class, reliable, Altima- like styling, center display with trip computer and RDS/CD TEXT, side airbags at no extra charge (yet no cruise control or ABS), easy to parallel park.

CVT needs tweaking to stop slingshoting explained above, needs better MPG, LEDs on A/C knobs need to be brighter to not be drowned out by sun. Improve quality (foam popping out of dash, visor covers fell off, rattling seat, wheel alignment bad fresh from factory).

I'm In Limbo
By evy197531

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well I had the 2006 Nissan Sentra and upgraded by way of a car accident to the 2007. I love the style. It is totally different than the 2006 and resembles the Altima. Nice compact size for myself and I am single with no children but bad choice for someone with a family.

Radio control on the steering wheel.

Folding side mirrors, cruise control, alloys. I have none on my car and the 2006 had more features than the 2007.