Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Spec V
By QR25DE

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got my spec v back in 2007. I've had it a little over a year now. I first test drove a honda 2007 civic SI, which was pretty interesting, I liked the power and the low profile and the instrument panel was good looking. But I wanted to compare the two before I made a decision. I went to nissan drove the spec v and fell in love with it. Fuel economy if you drive it in a smart way can get up to 30+

Favorite Features

Horsepower, torque, red stitching in the interior, rims, 6spd, the information console integrated with the radio gives average: speed, fuel usage, trip time, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Should have a lower profile would help improve cornering and a turbo wouldn't hurt.

Bad alignment, already has other issues
By Joe

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a Sentra with positive expectations but we were let down. 1. The gas mileage is nowhere near what Nissan claimed. For '08 the gov has revised the criteria, but it's still optimistic. We have averaged from 20 in the city to 27 highway. I drive to maximize mileage too. 2. The wheel alignment is all over the place. Fresh from the factory, the car was defective. After much trouble Nissan aligned the front, but added way too much caster in an effort to conceal the alignment problem. The rear is still not aligned. I suspect that bad alignment is part of the cause for the bad gas mileage. If you have a Nissan, take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment. I have a lemon!!!

Favorite Features

The interior is nice. The suspension is sloppy on turns but comfy otherwise. I like the interior room.

Suggested Improvements

The split trunk is not that useful after the hype dies down. Make your cars meet the specs from the factory. Don't sell defective cars. Buy back my Sentra, it does not handle like Sentras that are not defective! My defective sentra is unsafe at any speed!

Love it more 1 year later
By Sue

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2.0 model with the 6 speed manual transmission in January 2007. I love this car more every day! I average about 28 mpg combo city/highway miles. It is comfortable, sporty and quick! I don't have all the bells and whistles like the 2.0S has, but thats okay cuz I am not a bells & whistles person. I am extremely satisfied with this vehicle and would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable, well built car with Nissan dependability.

Favorite Features

Love the large trunk. Stereo rocks. User friendly shifter placement, comfy seats. Great heat and A/C!! This car can move when it wants to!! Love the sixth speed. Love playing my iPod with the adapter!

Suggested Improvements

Suspension needs improvement, Nissan should spring for better stock tires. I can't think of anything else.

Lemon
By Lawrence

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in 07/2007. It's been in and out of the shop the whole time I have it. Issue has been truned over to the (BBB) better business bureaus,inc. The rubber molding on the back door had to replaced, the driver's seat had to be replaced, the transmission had to be replaced and now just had to replace the air/fuel ratio sensor and sensor asm. Who knows what will be next on this car.

Favorite Features

Really like the interior and the design of the car, that's what sold me on it.

A Great Car - even after a year
By Poonhead

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the second review of this car I've written for Edmunds. I loved it right away, but promised myself I'd come back and write more after driving for a year. What can I say? This car is fantastic. The looks of it are a bit controversial, but if you love it (like I do), you love it. This car is even great in the snow of upstate New York. People get in my car and just gush about it - which is weird considering it's a Sentra and not a BMW or something. It's even worked well as my daughter has gotten bigger and out of the car seat. We've driven it all over the northeast and had plenty of room, good fuel economy, etc. Can't recommend this car enough.

Favorite Features

Aux jack for iPod, styling, storage/compartments, leather seats, polished granite color, trip computer, fuel economy right around 30 overall, CVT is SWEET, stereo without upgrade to R-F is quite good, trunk is huge inside, divider is great. Stance on the road is great, and interior is spacious.

Suggested Improvements

Door controls should be illuminated and perhaps moved back a bit toward driver, better plastic on interior (scratches too easily), trunk opening is a bit small though inside is huge. Really can't think of much more!