Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Much Needed Improvement
By twshield

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Sentra 2.0s new. I have had 3 previous models of sentras and i would have to say that the 2007 is a big improvement. The 07 Sentra now has quality unlike previous models. I feel it can actually compete with civic and corolla now. Being an overweight person, I have found the cabin to be very roomy and quiet for a compact car. The car has a much better ride than previous models as well.

I have the smart key system which I love because I never have to take the key out of my pocket. I also love the rockford fosgate stereo system which is powerful, and I love the bluetooth phone system which works well too for hands free driving.

I am not impressed with the CVT. Yes there is no gear change shock, but it's still annoying because you can hear it! It's too loud! The divide and hide trunk system, cute, but next time put a lock on it and give it some real security! I also think the gas mileage ratings are too high.

Great car after a year of ownership
By Brian

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Sentra SL for a year now, and it has been a great car. The SL is packed with features that can not be had in most any other 'entry' level vehicle. (I've never understood why most car designers believe small is always about being the cheapest option and not about preference for many car buyers.) I've had no issues with the car to date other than something minor at the time of purchase. I was replacing a 2000 VW Jetta with the Sentra. I can say, the Sentra does not drive live a Jetta unfortunately, but once you get used it you settle in quickly. Fuel economy has been about 22-24 in city driving and 36-38 on highway over the year (w/o the air turned on).

Built-in bluetooth and I'm not stuck on the phone type; Rockford Fosgate stereo sounds great & has mp3 audio jack; keyless locking & starting; moonroof; leather seats in a small car!; steering wheel controls; cd storage above visor; adjustable cup holders; easy to fold rear seat headrests.

Create more of a cockpit feel for the driver which would have been easy to do with the design of the interior; heated outside mirrors; better brakes - can be a bit choppy when stopping; seatbelt height adjuster tends to rattle at ear level; light the door panel controls; form fitting rear seat.

Bad alignment, already has other issues
By Joe

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a Sentra with positive expectations but we were let down. 1. The gas mileage is nowhere near what Nissan claimed. For '08 the gov has revised the criteria, but it's still optimistic. We have averaged from 20 in the city to 27 highway. I drive to maximize mileage too. 2. The wheel alignment is all over the place. Fresh from the factory, the car was defective. After much trouble Nissan aligned the front, but added way too much caster in an effort to conceal the alignment problem. The rear is still not aligned. I suspect that bad alignment is part of the cause for the bad gas mileage. If you have a Nissan, take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment. I have a lemon!!!

The interior is nice. The suspension is sloppy on turns but comfy otherwise. I like the interior room.

The split trunk is not that useful after the hype dies down. Make your cars meet the specs from the factory. Don't sell defective cars. Buy back my Sentra, it does not handle like Sentras that are not defective! My defective sentra is unsafe at any speed!

Love it more 1 year later
By Sue

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2.0 model with the 6 speed manual transmission in January 2007. I love this car more every day! I average about 28 mpg combo city/highway miles. It is comfortable, sporty and quick! I don't have all the bells and whistles like the 2.0S has, but thats okay cuz I am not a bells & whistles person. I am extremely satisfied with this vehicle and would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable, well built car with Nissan dependability.

Love the large trunk. Stereo rocks. User friendly shifter placement, comfy seats. Great heat and A/C!! This car can move when it wants to!! Love the sixth speed. Love playing my iPod with the adapter!

Suspension needs improvement, Nissan should spring for better stock tires. I can't think of anything else.

Lemon
By Lawrence

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in 07/2007. It's been in and out of the shop the whole time I have it. Issue has been truned over to the (BBB) better business bureaus,inc. The rubber molding on the back door had to replaced, the driver's seat had to be replaced, the transmission had to be replaced and now just had to replace the air/fuel ratio sensor and sensor asm. Who knows what will be next on this car.

Really like the interior and the design of the car, that's what sold me on it.