2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Sort Reviews by

Great so far!!
By ajs795

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car is great, everything I expected. I got the convenience package, which I think is a must have. Fuel economy for me is 23 city 33 highway.

Favorite Features

Keyless start/entry, no shiftshock, smooth ride, audio input in dash, lots of room, comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

Side view mirrors should fold.

2007 Nissan Sentra
By Karl

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The cars ok. It's too bad the cvt does not save as much gas as advertised. I only get 25-28 per gallon. The only good thing is the tech package, Bluetooth keyless stuff, etc. Other than that, the engine's crying with high RPM which takes most of the gas.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth , keyless entry and ignition.

Suggested Improvements

Engine cvt and gas mileage are very poor.

Love it!
By Amanda

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the Sentra for about a month now and I absolutely love it! The car drives so smooth and quiet and the gas mileage averages about 28 with stop and go city traffic, but I expect that to improve b/c the car is still so new. The car is surprisingly large inside and the seats are very comfy. Compared to the other cars in its class you get a lot more style and features for your money. The base civic and mazda3 don't even have power windows/doorlocks or AC! Definitely no regrets here!

Favorite Features

All the storage compartments, the cute exterior styling, the adjustable cupholders, the standard airbags, and suprisingly huge trunk!

Suggested Improvements

I don't like how the interior is black and the headliner is tan. Why don't the power window/doorlock buttons light up?

So Far, So Good
By rcusack

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the car for just over three months now. My miles per gallon is steadily increasing but I'm still not satisfied that it's anywhere near the EPA estimate. I understand that isn't a perfect number, but it seems unattainable especially considering most of my miles are highway. The design of the car is great. I get compliments constantly. The noise levels in the cabin are average. Nice weather is just arriving so I'll know more about the windows and sunroof soon. Ride quality is very comfortable and the steering is responsive. The engine has enough get up and go to survive city and highway alike. Rockford Fosgate Audio is stellar and I love the intelligent key.

Favorite Features

Intelligent key system, HUGE trunk, comfortable seating positions and great field of view from the driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

The bluetooth microphone doesn't work very well. I think they could've designed the tail lights better. One more cigarette lighter power outlet, it only has one!

Loved the test drive...
By scottpatrick

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

...if only the one I bought was problem-free. In the 5 weeks that I've owned the car I've had problem with a bad Airbag Clockspring (makes ticking noise in steering wheel), front brakes pulsating (rotors resurfaced), Corrosion on the chrome molding on grill/nissan emblem, and finally some strange foam insulation piece came up with the window today when I rolled it down and them back up. Nice huh??? Oh, and the parts aren't yet available to fix these issues..nor are the body side moldings and fog lights that I purchased with the car. Be very careful with the car, as I have been told that all of the parts being made are going to the new cars and aren't available yet for any other purchase.

Favorite Features

Intelligent Key, CVT (SMOOOOTH)

Suggested Improvements

Work out the bugs and make sure all of the parts are available.

2007 Nissan Sentra S Is A Winner!
By Open Roads

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It is a great little car, roomy for its class, good mileage, fun to drive. The BlueTooth and Intelligent Key - How did we do without them, before we had them. They are great functions and work as intended. It is one of the most enjoyable cars we have had. We test drove many in its class, but the Sentra stood out on its own. The Dealer did not sell this car. The car sold itself. We test drove several Sentras and Versas, and had a difficult time selecting. The Sentra won out for value for the dollar and the extra interior room made the final decision easy. A quality car in its class. Wish I had two of them.

Favorite Features

BlueTooth, Intelligent Key, Towability on a tow dolly behind a motor home.

Suggested Improvements

It's just a great little car and best in its class.

A mixed review
By Mary Ann

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Generally speaking I like this vehicle. PROS: good looking, deceivingly spacious, I like the interior placement of the controls; seating is quite comfortable; fairly quiet in smooth driving situations. My kids love it. It's really rather adorable. CONS: The shape of the side mirrors cause problems with the blind spot; I don't feel it "grips" the road as well as I'd like it to- suspension feels a bit mushy; I don't like how wide the material is leading from the top of the window into the end of the windshield again causes trouble with visibility. I don't understand why the door controls don't light up? Lastly, the rear headrests obscure visibility.Overall cuter than the rest in its class.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, keyless entry, interior space, comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Light the door controls!! It would be really great if there was a compartment above the rear view mirror for sunglasses.

love this car
By susanna

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have just purchased this Sentra SL and I just love it. My previous car was a V6 so I was a little concerned (actually a lot concerned) about going to a 4 cylinder. I was so surprised on the pick up of this car. The car is so quiet that I keep thinking the car has died at the traffic lights. The handling is great, the features are incredible for this price range and would recommend this car to anyone young or old. My teenager loves it she says this is going to be her first car.

Favorite Features

The extra large glove compartment,the hide and divide trunk, the extra cup holders, leather seats, moonroof

Suggested Improvements

It would have been great to have power seats.

Mini Max
By Tiffany

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car in Nov. 2006. The handling is excellent. The engine is quick and for a 4-cylinder it has great pick-up. The CVT engine I think is a load of garbage though -- I can feel almost every shift. Also, the car does not handle well at all with bumps, which is very annoying. My paint could be defective, but if a leaf touches the car there is a small scratch left behind. The car is roomy and very comfortable. The body style is comparable to the Maxima, which was a huge selling point for me since I came out of a 93 Max -it does not come close to its power though. I fill up at least three times per month, so it is not that bad on gas. This car is great in the snow! It is a tank!

Favorite Features

The chunky body style, sound system and all of the safety features that come standard -- dual airbags, side airbags and ABS (which is an extra option for the standard 2.0).

Suggested Improvements

Make ABS standard. The interior of the car should be uniform in color, not charcoal interior then a splash of beige my the windshield. Gross. I wish that the gas tank was on the driver's side. I am still trying to get used to it.

Best Midsize Compact
By kdr

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love the Car. Went from Pathfinder to this. Had always been a nissan fan. My instinct about "nissan is more value for the money when compared with similarly priced cars in its class" still holds true. Who would give bluetooth, leather in this class/price. Honda's may have the best resale value. But I bought the car for my needs, not thinking about how much I would get 5 years down the road. MPG: So far, with 200 miles(city) on it the trip computer says 26.5. Considering where I came from (17 mpg), I will be happy if it gives 30+. Ride : Excellent. Drove 4 people at 85mph comfortably. Interior: Luxurious. Features : Rich.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Drive, Comfort, Intelligent Key, 6-CD Changer, Leather, Sunroof, good MPG, Intelligent Key. Spacious and luxurious interior. For around 20K, you can't get a better car than this.

Suggested Improvements

Climate Control, Powered Seats, Heated Seats.