2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Best Car for the Money
By maitresaman on 09/17/11 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has all the features (some competitors didn't have at the time) for much less. It has enough get up and go yet it take getting used to the CVT which means you don't feel the jerk as the car shifts. I bought it in 2008 and have more that 56,000 miles. I've had to change the front brakes and went with the best pads and lifetime warranty. I've only used synthetic oil and high end filter on regular schedule. I have had no major issues in the heat (90+) or the cold (snow and freezing).

overall bad experiend
By jwelk24 on 09/06/11 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

the car has been nothing but problems. Replaced the radiator and muffler within first 3 years of ownership. Brakes are a constant problem. Rotters always warping, constant vibration when braking. Need to buy a new set of tires every year. Rust on both sides of the car by back doors. I have never had a car that was such a piece of junk!

Don't fool yourself. Go beyond the look.
By VSW on 06/22/10 19:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My first brand new car. I decided to pay for it because I did not want to deal with mechanics any time soon and the bluetooth'd be good. So wrong. As other mentioned, tires pressure light keeps going off and it stopped only after changing 4 tires. There are TOO many blind spots, the more I drive the less comfortable I'm with the car. Few problems: blinds are broken, side panel badly aligned, so are the doors, brakes have to be replaced, battery over charging, bluetooth is not worthy and now the transmission is giving me problems, and the dealer cannot reproduce it. I do have good gas mileage, but I'd not mind spending little more on gas for better quality. Think it through!

Best car for the money!
By carguy2006 on 04/25/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I baught my Nissan Sentra being the first Import vehicle I have ever purchased. I have driven 45,000 miles and I have never had a single problem. The CVT paired with the 2.0 Engine is the best. I am averadging 390-420 Miles to the tank. I have takin this car on many of road trips and allways and thrilled with the performance good job Nissan. I work in the auto industry and have driven so many cars and normally keep these vehicles for a year or two. I actually want to keep my Sentra for another five years!

Best Little Car BANG for the BUCK!
By djohn on 07/23/09 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is one of the best cars I've owned, owned a lot. The exterior design, and color (tent green) I know... The orange leather interior first concerned me but now like it a lot. Ive had a lot of lookers at this car, great gas mileage, bigger car for the mileage, 28-35. I drive almost 150 miles a day and its very comfortable and easy on the gas. Id recommend, and have, this car in a heart beat. Never a mechanical problem. Just rotate the tires every 5000 miles and change oil at the same time.

Cute & LOVE the toys, but underpowered
By NOT a Florida driver on 07/12/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Leased it new and returned it to the dealer with 20K. No mechanical problems in 2 years. Interior build was fine (except one drawer that never fit right and a dead electric outlet). Exterior build was good and the finish stood up to a scratchy bush that's too close to our driveway. Biggest complaint was performance - car was underpowered when accelerating, and I had to floor the gas to pass on the highway. As a result, MPG was poor, never topping 23 (50% city driving). I also HATED the CVT - braking was jerky despite steady pressure on the pedal. My mother actually refused to drive the car because of the CVT/brakes. After 2 years in a 2005 Altima, driving this car was definitely a letdown.

Blown Tranny
By chargerfan92562 on 06/17/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2007 Nissan. I have 53,000 miles on it as I do alot of driving. At about 46,000, I was on a long trip about 6 hours into my travel my RPM's began to fluctuate, power was lost could not go over 20mpg. I pulled over on I-10 near lordsburg. After 20 minutes car started up and made it to Ca. I took car to dealership and was told nothing was wrong. Once again at 53,000 I was driving to Ca. again and once again about 6 hours later same thing happened. This time tranny blew. Fluid was all over. Towed to Tucson, covered under extended warranty. Before this everything on car seem to work. Does a tranny usually go out this quick?

tires
By JessieM on 06/09/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My tires keep going bad and front end alignment keeps having to be fixed.It's a good little car,but i can't afford to keep putting tires on it.

Love my Sentra
By Janet on 05/16/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Sentra. Enjoyed my 06 so much, I traded it on the 07 Showroom model, when I went in for a oil change. New exterior and the CVT out of this world. I have more power & pickup than some vehicles with V6. The Bluetooth, is the best. I don't have to operate my cell phone...I let my car do it, by a push the button on the steering wheel. I have all the bells & whistles and feel like I drive & own a luxury car with all the economy and pep too. The tire sensor is touchy, but if you adjust the pressure for the weather and drive 40mph for a mile, it will go off. The battery went dead at 16 mths and dealership couldn't find the reason. Cost me $55 to replace it.(warranty)

Good Car
By Chummy on 03/20/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car has been been reliable and dependable. Slow leak on Tire only problem and annoying TPMS light. CVT is great on highway, not fun in the city. Overall a great commuting car. Bluetooth works well. Voice Recognition is not great. Build Quality just ok. Not the best. Trunk needs a big push to shut, and rear passenger side door not aligned that well. Sharp edges under the Trunk opening. Cut my hand there. Noisy in the rain. Ride not great over bumps. However its roomy. Was over charged by dealer for my 30,000 miles service over $500. It was routine, and no issues, but fee was high. I love the color, Magnetic Grey. Leather Seats feels like plastic. Should have bought the Altima.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.