2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Never had an issue
By car_guy_93 on 06/06/13 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Nissan Sentra in September of 2011 with 42k on it. I didn't own it long, only until January of 2013. I drive a lot for work, and in the short time I owned it I went from 42K to 69k. So about 27k in about 1 1/2 year. I never brought this car in for anything besides oil changes. Not one issue. I replaced the tires once, if that counts. As I said I didn't own it long, but I drove it a lot and never had one remote issue or sore feeling. The only reason I got rid of it is that I got a new job, so upgraded to a Volvo S80. Must say, sometimes I miss my little reliable gas sipping Sentra. Definitely consider this vehicle, have a mechanic check it over first, of course.

WORST CAR EVER!!!
By doobzz617 on 04/22/13 13:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had nothing but problems with this car. I bought the car in 06 brand new. By early 2009 I had to replace the engine. By early 2010 I had to replace the transmission, and a week ago my check engine light went on and the transmission needs to be replaced again! Nothing but problems and money! I hate it!

Best Car for the Money
By maitresaman on 09/17/11 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has all the features (some competitors didn't have at the time) for much less. It has enough get up and go yet it take getting used to the CVT which means you don't feel the jerk as the car shifts. I bought it in 2008 and have more that 56,000 miles. I've had to change the front brakes and went with the best pads and lifetime warranty. I've only used synthetic oil and high end filter on regular schedule. I have had no major issues in the heat (90+) or the cold (snow and freezing).

overall bad experiend
By jwelk24 on 09/06/11 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

the car has been nothing but problems. Replaced the radiator and muffler within first 3 years of ownership. Brakes are a constant problem. Rotters always warping, constant vibration when braking. Need to buy a new set of tires every year. Rust on both sides of the car by back doors. I have never had a car that was such a piece of junk!

Engine Replacement Already @ 82,000
By hmj8321 on 07/23/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 with a automatic CVT transmisson back in 2008... I have always keep up on my repairs, oil changes etc. The other day the service engine soon light came on so of course I took it in to be looked at. I was told by the mechanic that the engine needs to be replaced because the second cylinder has low compression which would run $3,000, What a joke! I have only had the car for a little over two years now... I was told by the mechanic that for the year the car was and how many miles it has on it (>82,000) that it should not have happened. Sentra's for the year 2007 are nothing but Lemons. I will never ever do business with Nissan again!

WORST CAR EVER HAD
By too_swift on 05/11/11 11:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

WHERE DO I START....THIS CAR HAS GIVEN ME PROBLEMS SINCE A WEEK FROM ME DRIVING IT OFF THE LOT. I BOUGHT THE CAR WITH 6 MILES ON IT AND I'VE HAD THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS..GAS COVER STUCK, 3RD TRANSMISSION, DEFECTIVE AIRBAGS, LIGHTS NOT WORKING INSIDE OF THE CAR, SHIFTER IN THE CAR CAME APART... MY SISTER HAS THE SAME CAR AND HAS HAD MOST OF THOSE PROBLEMS PLUS REPLACING HER STEERING COLUMN...NISSAN GAVE ME A HARD TIME TO FIX THESE ITEMS(THAT WERE UNDER WARRANTY) THE CAR IS NOT WORTH THE PRICE. IT HAS HAD MORE WEAR-N-TEAR DAMAGE COSTS THEN THE ACTUAL WORTH OF THE CAR. HAVE IT FULLY MAINTAINCED BEFORE BUYING THAT YEAR OF SENTRA. I TRADED IT IN WITH 46,000 MILES ON IT BECAUSE IT WAS TOO MUCH $!

Reliable Daily Driver
By nissanfan4lyfe on 12/10/10 04:37 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

28k miles in 7 months. Great used car value, awesome fuel economy, quiet relaxed ride, Nissan reliability, inexpensive to own & maintain. I use the car for travel reasons for work & it's has performed flawlessly. I am happy with the purchase but car could be better.

Love the car, despise the battery!
By kdk on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love my '07 Nissan Sentra!! Lately, I have been having nonstop battery problems. In the past 2 weeks the battery has been jumped off a total of 6 times! That just did not seem like it should be happening to a car that is a little more than 3 years old. Apart from the less than impressive battery, my car hasn't given me many troubles. I've had a few variations in my MPG. Sometimes I would get around 30 MPG. Then other times I would ONLY get about 12 MPG! Certain parts were tweaked and cleaned, and now the gas mileage is relatively normal. The car is cute and suits me (a college student)! It is also very spacious (very convenient for moving in and out of the dorms)!

Another Bad Engine
By JSanchez on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Same story as below, mine is 64,000 and the engine is gone after driving fine for 3 years. All regular maintenance is done. Just like below, one day light came on with knocking and misfiring noise. Dealer said same thing: needs a new engine. I am waiting for a used one from an ind. mechanic, for a replacement cost (incl. labor) of $2,500. I had intended to drive this car until it is paid for (19 more months!) I will NEVER buy another Nissan.

Best for price
By tom g on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the Sentra for 3 years now. Take the CVT out of overdrive when you're going 20 MPH and punch it, and the next thing you know you're going 80. I can't imagine what an Altima 3.5 with CVT is like. I think I have had one squeak in the dashboard. Also, I still haven't figured out how to fold the back seats "down." It's complex, trust me. But, it's an all-around great car overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.