Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Bad Transmission
By consumer00007

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This company produces an awful product and completely lacks in customer service when making a superficial attempt at remedying the money drain of a vehicle they created for consumers. I bought my first Nissan, a 2007 Sentra with the defective CVT Transmission. Nissan acknowledged the defective transmission by doubling the warranty, instead of recalling like they should have, causing consumers to be stuck with the extremely expensive repairs when the defective transmission goes out shortly after the warranty is up. The warranty covers up to 120,000 miles, my vehicle's transmission went out at 120,815 miles.

Never had an issue
By car_guy_93

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Nissan Sentra in September of 2011 with 42k on it. I didn't own it long, only until January of 2013. I drive a lot for work, and in the short time I owned it I went from 42K to 69k. So about 27k in about 1 1/2 year. I never brought this car in for anything besides oil changes. Not one issue. I replaced the tires once, if that counts. As I said I didn't own it long, but I drove it a lot and never had one remote issue or sore feeling. The only reason I got rid of it is that I got a new job, so upgraded to a Volvo S80. Must say, sometimes I miss my little reliable gas sipping Sentra. Definitely consider this vehicle, have a mechanic check it over first, of course.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, good pick up, smooth ride on thruway, gas mileage, how modern it was inside and out for the price compared to comparative cars in the same class for the same year (Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, etc), and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Road/Engine noise was not ideal. Also, was not a huge fan of the fabric on the cloth seats. Other than that no issues I recall.

WORST CAR EVER!!!
By doobzz617

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had nothing but problems with this car. I bought the car in 06 brand new. By early 2009 I had to replace the engine. By early 2010 I had to replace the transmission, and a week ago my check engine light went on and the transmission needs to be replaced again! Nothing but problems and money! I hate it!

Best Car for the Money
By maitresaman

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has all the features (some competitors didn't have at the time) for much less. It has enough get up and go yet it take getting used to the CVT which means you don't feel the jerk as the car shifts. I bought it in 2008 and have more that 56,000 miles. I've had to change the front brakes and went with the best pads and lifetime warranty. I've only used synthetic oil and high end filter on regular schedule. I have had no major issues in the heat (90+) or the cold (snow and freezing).

Favorite Features

moonroof, aux port, leather. I really love everything about the car. I have all the features of more expensive luxury cars for no where near the price. Also at the time some other cars in the class didn't have all the features and even those that did were at least 3k more in price.

Suggested Improvements

Better rotors. Most new cars use cheap rotors and pads which warp the rotor easily. Better pads and rotors would make things nice. iphone plug in as opposed to just aux port.

overall bad experiend
By jwelk24

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

the car has been nothing but problems. Replaced the radiator and muffler within first 3 years of ownership. Brakes are a constant problem. Rotters always warping, constant vibration when braking. Need to buy a new set of tires every year. Rust on both sides of the car by back doors. I have never had a car that was such a piece of junk!

Favorite Features

not much, maybe the interior space

Suggested Improvements

use of better metal and improve quality of the brakes.