Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Very practical vehicle
By benzalkionium@msn.com

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Sentra in 2007, new. I still own it, but I primarly drive a Forester XT premium now. I will say there are things I am very dissapointed in regarding these cars. Mostly, no antiloc brakes unless you have premium wheels. Also, the seats were very uncomfortable, for me, for long trips, but were fine for driving around town. The wheel and arm rests were designed so that you have to have your arm held up, which was uncomfortable as well. The screen tried to do a lot with very little resolution, and that was always somewhat annoying to me. Also, the car likes to get pushed around by the wind, and the trunk is rather large but the opening is restrictive.
However, the car was virtually maintenance free... I did have some work done on a front wheel joint but otherwise nothing has ever needed to be repaired (I have 90K miles on the car). The engine was pretty peppy for a cheap, economy car and out performs the new 2016 models. The gas milage was usually less than stellar on the interstate as the car is a big wind sail, but on hwys going 55 - 65 I would get over 40, routinely. I liked the layout of the dash and the color of the lights. The headlights gave great visibility. I really enjoyed the keyless entry features, those are awesome and I miss those more than anything with my new vehicle. I was looking forward to getting something else from the day I bought this car, but I knew that for the price (I paid 16 grand for it) it was worth it. 9 years of driving a decent looking, reliable, fuel economic vehicle for roughly 1800/year... I say that is a good deal! And it still is worth about 4500... So, if you see one of these used, I would say consider it if it is under 100,000.
If over 100,000, you have a lot of expensive maintenance to do, such as flushing transmission, checking timing belt, new platinum spark plugs, probably needs new shocks.

Great first car, I love it!
By Angela

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got this car for my very first car, and so far I'm inlove with it! It drives perfect and is so easy to drive! So far it's been very reliable and Iv already put around 500 miles on it, in 2 weeks! I think the only complaint I have is when I look over my shoulder it's harder to see because of how the back is, but it hasn't been a problem! I drove 4 hours up to my moms house and I was comfortable the whole time, and so was my dad in the passenger seat! It gets very speedy too! Overall I recommend this car to anyone!

Worst Car I have ever bought
By Abigail

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car had multiple problems and after only having it a few months it needed repairs that cost thousands of dollars. The CVT transmission was faulty, shocks and struts needed to be replaced twice after only using the car lightly. The key-less ignition had serious problems. Vibration on freeway. Very loud car. Comfort was ok at best. Pretty fair cargo space for a compact car, but definitely not worth the 11,000 dollars I paid for it.

Bad Transmission
By consumer00007

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This company produces an awful product and completely lacks in customer service when making a superficial attempt at remedying the money drain of a vehicle they created for consumers. I bought my first Nissan, a 2007 Sentra with the defective CVT Transmission. Nissan acknowledged the defective transmission by doubling the warranty, instead of recalling like they should have, causing consumers to be stuck with the extremely expensive repairs when the defective transmission goes out shortly after the warranty is up. The warranty covers up to 120,000 miles, my vehicle's transmission went out at 120,815 miles.

Never had an issue
By car_guy_93

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Nissan Sentra in September of 2011 with 42k on it. I didn't own it long, only until January of 2013. I drive a lot for work, and in the short time I owned it I went from 42K to 69k. So about 27k in about 1 1/2 year. I never brought this car in for anything besides oil changes. Not one issue. I replaced the tires once, if that counts. As I said I didn't own it long, but I drove it a lot and never had one remote issue or sore feeling. The only reason I got rid of it is that I got a new job, so upgraded to a Volvo S80. Must say, sometimes I miss my little reliable gas sipping Sentra. Definitely consider this vehicle, have a mechanic check it over first, of course.

Bluetooth, good pick up, smooth ride on thruway, gas mileage, how modern it was inside and out for the price compared to comparative cars in the same class for the same year (Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, etc), and reliable.

Road/Engine noise was not ideal. Also, was not a huge fan of the fabric on the cloth seats. Other than that no issues I recall.