2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

2007 Sentra Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Quick and fun
By arbormike1

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased mine, new in 2007 and have since added over 115,000 miles of redline-shifting, hard driving use. Although I admit to having gone through multiple sets of tires and brakes, this car has never left me stranded. This past week , for the first time, I brought my car to the dealership. The only problems were: worn front struts and a valve cover gasket. Additionally I have needed to replace the battery at about two years. It may not be anything fancy but it is fast and takes the abuse in stride.

Favorite Features

limited slip differential strong pull from start to redline tight ride for a sedan

Suggested Improvements

Remove the silly G meter and replace with something useful, ie. voltage or oil temp

Good Car
By jmard24

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I don't know understand why magazines say bad things about the car. I think it's a great car. It's quick, reliable and get good gas mileage. I checked out the civic si but I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it. Great car

Favorite Features

Rds, Leather appointed steering wheel, sporty look, comfortable ride, 6 spd tranny

Suggested Improvements

Move the dc outlet.

So Long Subie
By Brunson

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My wife was in the market for a newer vehicle and we were in the reluctant position of trading in our beloved 02 WRX Wagon. We needed a solid commuter car with better gas mileage without compromising too much on performance. Our search led us to the 07 Spec V and we are very happy with the decision. This car is by no means a saturday track day type of ride but I still find a smile every time it rips up to 7k on the tach. The ride is smooth, maybe stiff for some, but much quieter highway crusing than the WRX. Interior is finished nicely and comfortable for my 6'4" 240 frame. For the price and features, can't beat it for a fun/zippy commuter car.

Favorite Features

Great list of standard features, Rockford Fosgate stereo, trunk mounted shock tower braces, gunmetal 17" alloys at the corners, computerized trip calculator which tracks average MPG etc, 6 speed tranny for highway cruising, power roof, should I keep going?

Suggested Improvements

Somewhat clunky gear box makes you feel detached from the overall driving experience which is expected out of a sport "inspired" vehicle, silly "G" gauge should be replaced with something useful like tranny temp/coolant level etc. Larger 18" wheels to fill out those wheel wells a bit more.

Spec V
By QR25DE

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got my spec v back in 2007. I've had it a little over a year now. I first test drove a honda 2007 civic SI, which was pretty interesting, I liked the power and the low profile and the instrument panel was good looking. But I wanted to compare the two before I made a decision. I went to nissan drove the spec v and fell in love with it. Fuel economy if you drive it in a smart way can get up to 30+

Favorite Features

Horsepower, torque, red stitching in the interior, rims, 6spd, the information console integrated with the radio gives average: speed, fuel usage, trip time, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Should have a lower profile would help improve cornering and a turbo wouldn't hurt.

True pocket rocket
By drey05

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I tested the Civic Si, and Jetta GLI. I went to the Nissan dealership to look at the 07 Nissan coupe. Was attracted by the looks of the Spec V. I traded in a Jetta Turbo. The spec v is a lot faster, and rides better. I get an average of 25mpg and I'm not a light footed driver. I've gotten as high as 45 mpg with this. My X has a 07 GTI, and this is faster (we raced) and still is a larger car. It's almost like a stock sleeper. Plus you have to love the 6 spd manual, performance clutch, sport tires, big brakes, and gas shocks. Go take a look at one.

Favorite Features

6spd, mp3 adapter, rims, have i said the 200hp stock?

Suggested Improvements

Wish interior build quality was a little better, have some scratches already... nothing serious though.

Fun and functional
By CTM

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Test drive the regular SE-R vs. the Spec V model and you will immediately feel the difference. The Spec V handles tighter around turns, the redline is increased, and the strong HP just pours on after 4,000 RPM. Regular SE-R power is steady with the CVT, but never producing a strong, lengthy surge like the Spec V can with a stick. 2nd gear is great in this car if you drive in traffic. 2nd can go down to 4 mph with ease. Then just ride the clutch to get going again. Power is still on tap in 6th gear. Runs fine on regular gas. 31 mpg on long hwy trip, 26.5 mixed. Glove box, trunk, and rear seats are huge. Clutch gives good push-back. RF stereo is solid.

Favorite Features

Gunmetal wheels have nice performance design and are easy to clean. Upgraded grille design. Supportive front seats. Nice RF stereo. Very good clutch pushback. AC is very strong and car is heavily insulated for temperature/sound. Look between the door and car, you will see a foam-like material.

Suggested Improvements

Move the DC charger location, it is horrid.. cannot be seen while driving. Replace G-meter cup with fuel pressure, or + volts, or trans temperature.. something useful. Add side mirror blinkers. Another 1/2" of dead foot space. More steering wheel bulge as in the GTI. Key fob built into keys.

Solar Flare
By limee

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Decided on the Sentra after having compared it against the Honda Civic Si. Liked the Sentra better as it was quieter with a more compliant ride and had more torque. The Honda was a lot more fun in the twisties and the gear box was great, but the noise of the engine would be very tiring over a long haul along with the wind noise and the suspension was a lot less compliant. I figured unfortunately I don't live in an area with plenty of open road and uninhabited mountain passes so the Sentra seemed more civilized in that respect. Seems well put together with no rattles or sqeaks as of 1000 miles so far. Averaging 26 mpg which I suppose is average for this group of car

Favorite Features

The colour, the style. Quiet at highway speeds. Fun in the twisties, corners well. Stiff chassis. Good room in the back for passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more interior illumination. One touch up and down, better less clunky gear change. Illuminate all switches. Red seat belts in the rear. Better horn as its very weak and dosn't match the look of the car. Improved audio. The Rockford fosgate is just not up to the job

Would love to love it
By bschipper

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car Friday night, 4 days ago. It has been dead since Saturday. We noticed it idling rough the night we got it home, and after that it wouldn't start. Absolutely nothing happened when I turned the key - no lights, no sounds, absolutely nothing. I couldn't even get the CD out of my stereo. Yesterday I had to pay $90 to have it towed 45 miles to the nearest dealership (Nissan only pays the first $100 of the tow.) It's been a fiasco, and I'm NOT happy!

Favorite Features

Love the styling inside and out, glove box swallows my laptop, short throw 6 spd., got 32 mpg on the drive home, handled great (from what I remember), roomy for car this size, airbags galore.

Suggested Improvements

Only one power outlet, no steering wheel mounted radio controls, no back seat cup holders

200 HP Rocket!
By tjb101084

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased the new Spec V and was wowed right away with this thing. I traded in a 2003 Eclipse GT with a 3.0 V6 and this Spec V with its 2.5 inline 4 is a lot faster! This car rides like a car should (sporty to the teeth!) and with its big brake kit on the front, this thing stops on a dime. 0-60 in 6.7 and the 1/4 mile in 15.01. If you're looking for a sporty, fast, reliable, just all out sweet car, buy the Spec V! You won't regret it.

Suggested Improvements

This car would be great with AWD Turbo package to compete with the WRX STI.

Fun, fun, fun
By chris

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently just bought this 07 for an 02. Power-wise there is so much of a difference, gas mileage is better, the ride is much smoother, but if you really need to move around, it will definitely do it when you need it to without it feeling squirrelly. Up to this point I'm liking a lot more than my old vehicle, and it is definitely a head turner with it being BRIGHT yellow.