2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Quick and fun
By arbormike1 on 03/24/11 15:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased mine, new in 2007 and have since added over 115,000 miles of redline-shifting, hard driving use. Although I admit to having gone through multiple sets of tires and brakes, this car has never left me stranded. This past week , for the first time, I brought my car to the dealership. The only problems were: worn front struts and a valve cover gasket. Additionally I have needed to replace the battery at about two years. It may not be anything fancy but it is fast and takes the abuse in stride.

Good Car
By jmard24 on 08/22/09 05:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I don't know understand why magazines say bad things about the car. I think it's a great car. It's quick, reliable and get good gas mileage. I checked out the civic si but I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it. Great car

So Long Subie
By Brunson on 06/16/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My wife was in the market for a newer vehicle and we were in the reluctant position of trading in our beloved 02 WRX Wagon. We needed a solid commuter car with better gas mileage without compromising too much on performance. Our search led us to the 07 Spec V and we are very happy with the decision. This car is by no means a saturday track day type of ride but I still find a smile every time it rips up to 7k on the tach. The ride is smooth, maybe stiff for some, but much quieter highway crusing than the WRX. Interior is finished nicely and comfortable for my 6'4" 240 frame. For the price and features, can't beat it for a fun/zippy commuter car.

Spec V
By QR25DE on 05/14/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got my spec v back in 2007. I've had it a little over a year now. I first test drove a honda 2007 civic SI, which was pretty interesting, I liked the power and the low profile and the instrument panel was good looking. But I wanted to compare the two before I made a decision. I went to nissan drove the spec v and fell in love with it. Fuel economy if you drive it in a smart way can get up to 30+

True pocket rocket
By drey05 on 01/07/08 17:16 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I tested the Civic Si, and Jetta GLI. I went to the Nissan dealership to look at the 07 Nissan coupe. Was attracted by the looks of the Spec V. I traded in a Jetta Turbo. The spec v is a lot faster, and rides better. I get an average of 25mpg and I'm not a light footed driver. I've gotten as high as 45 mpg with this. My X has a 07 GTI, and this is faster (we raced) and still is a larger car. It's almost like a stock sleeper. Plus you have to love the 6 spd manual, performance clutch, sport tires, big brakes, and gas shocks. Go take a look at one.

Fun and functional
By CTM on 09/12/07 10:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Test drive the regular SE-R vs. the Spec V model and you will immediately feel the difference. The Spec V handles tighter around turns, the redline is increased, and the strong HP just pours on after 4,000 RPM. Regular SE-R power is steady with the CVT, but never producing a strong, lengthy surge like the Spec V can with a stick. 2nd gear is great in this car if you drive in traffic. 2nd can go down to 4 mph with ease. Then just ride the clutch to get going again. Power is still on tap in 6th gear. Runs fine on regular gas. 31 mpg on long hwy trip, 26.5 mixed. Glove box, trunk, and rear seats are huge. Clutch gives good push-back. RF stereo is solid.

Solar Flare
By limee on 08/11/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Decided on the Sentra after having compared it against the Honda Civic Si. Liked the Sentra better as it was quieter with a more compliant ride and had more torque. The Honda was a lot more fun in the twisties and the gear box was great, but the noise of the engine would be very tiring over a long haul along with the wind noise and the suspension was a lot less compliant. I figured unfortunately I don't live in an area with plenty of open road and uninhabited mountain passes so the Sentra seemed more civilized in that respect. Seems well put together with no rattles or sqeaks as of 1000 miles so far. Averaging 26 mpg which I suppose is average for this group of car

Would love to love it
By bschipper on 07/17/07 09:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car Friday night, 4 days ago. It has been dead since Saturday. We noticed it idling rough the night we got it home, and after that it wouldn't start. Absolutely nothing happened when I turned the key - no lights, no sounds, absolutely nothing. I couldn't even get the CD out of my stereo. Yesterday I had to pay $90 to have it towed 45 miles to the nearest dealership (Nissan only pays the first $100 of the tow.) It's been a fiasco, and I'm NOT happy!

200 HP Rocket!
By tjb101084 on 06/26/07 08:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased the new Spec V and was wowed right away with this thing. I traded in a 2003 Eclipse GT with a 3.0 V6 and this Spec V with its 2.5 inline 4 is a lot faster! This car rides like a car should (sporty to the teeth!) and with its big brake kit on the front, this thing stops on a dime. 0-60 in 6.7 and the 1/4 mile in 15.01. If you're looking for a sporty, fast, reliable, just all out sweet car, buy the Spec V! You won't regret it.

Fun, fun, fun
By chris on 06/10/07 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently just bought this 07 for an 02. Power-wise there is so much of a difference, gas mileage is better, the ride is much smoother, but if you really need to move around, it will definitely do it when you need it to without it feeling squirrelly. Up to this point I'm liking a lot more than my old vehicle, and it is definitely a head turner with it being BRIGHT yellow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.