Used 2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Quick and fun
By arbormike1

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased mine, new in 2007 and have since added over 115,000 miles of redline-shifting, hard driving use. Although I admit to having gone through multiple sets of tires and brakes, this car has never left me stranded. This past week , for the first time, I brought my car to the dealership. The only problems were: worn front struts and a valve cover gasket. Additionally I have needed to replace the battery at about two years. It may not be anything fancy but it is fast and takes the abuse in stride.

Favorite Features

limited slip differential strong pull from start to redline tight ride for a sedan

Suggested Improvements

Remove the silly G meter and replace with something useful, ie. voltage or oil temp

Good Car
By jmard24

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I don't know understand why magazines say bad things about the car. I think it's a great car. It's quick, reliable and get good gas mileage. I checked out the civic si but I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it. Great car

Favorite Features

Rds, Leather appointed steering wheel, sporty look, comfortable ride, 6 spd tranny

Suggested Improvements

Move the dc outlet.

So Long Subie
By Brunson

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My wife was in the market for a newer vehicle and we were in the reluctant position of trading in our beloved 02 WRX Wagon. We needed a solid commuter car with better gas mileage without compromising too much on performance. Our search led us to the 07 Spec V and we are very happy with the decision. This car is by no means a saturday track day type of ride but I still find a smile every time it rips up to 7k on the tach. The ride is smooth, maybe stiff for some, but much quieter highway crusing than the WRX. Interior is finished nicely and comfortable for my 6'4" 240 frame. For the price and features, can't beat it for a fun/zippy commuter car.

Favorite Features

Great list of standard features, Rockford Fosgate stereo, trunk mounted shock tower braces, gunmetal 17" alloys at the corners, computerized trip calculator which tracks average MPG etc, 6 speed tranny for highway cruising, power roof, should I keep going?

Suggested Improvements

Somewhat clunky gear box makes you feel detached from the overall driving experience which is expected out of a sport "inspired" vehicle, silly "G" gauge should be replaced with something useful like tranny temp/coolant level etc. Larger 18" wheels to fill out those wheel wells a bit more.

Spec V
By QR25DE

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got my spec v back in 2007. I've had it a little over a year now. I first test drove a honda 2007 civic SI, which was pretty interesting, I liked the power and the low profile and the instrument panel was good looking. But I wanted to compare the two before I made a decision. I went to nissan drove the spec v and fell in love with it. Fuel economy if you drive it in a smart way can get up to 30+

Favorite Features

Horsepower, torque, red stitching in the interior, rims, 6spd, the information console integrated with the radio gives average: speed, fuel usage, trip time, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Should have a lower profile would help improve cornering and a turbo wouldn't hurt.

True pocket rocket
By drey05

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I tested the Civic Si, and Jetta GLI. I went to the Nissan dealership to look at the 07 Nissan coupe. Was attracted by the looks of the Spec V. I traded in a Jetta Turbo. The spec v is a lot faster, and rides better. I get an average of 25mpg and I'm not a light footed driver. I've gotten as high as 45 mpg with this. My X has a 07 GTI, and this is faster (we raced) and still is a larger car. It's almost like a stock sleeper. Plus you have to love the 6 spd manual, performance clutch, sport tires, big brakes, and gas shocks. Go take a look at one.

Favorite Features

6spd, mp3 adapter, rims, have i said the 200hp stock?

Suggested Improvements

Wish interior build quality was a little better, have some scratches already... nothing serious though.